French Charity Worker seriously injured in North Pattaya Road Crash

webfact

French Charity Worker seriously injured in North Pattaya Road Crash

french-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 23 year old French Volunteer for the Fountain of Life Children’s Center in East Pattaya was seriously injured as she drove to the Charity’s North Pattaya Office on her bicycle and was struck by a drunken motorcyclist.

The accident occurred on Saturday Morning close to the North Pattaya Road junction with Pattaya Third Road, as Miss Pauline was cycling back to the office after attending a meeting at the East Pattaya Children’s Center.

Following behind her was her colleague Khun Piyachat aged 34, who saw the crash take place. She explained how the French Volunteer was riding in front of her when a speeding motorbike came from behind and rear-ended the bicycle, causing Miss Pauline to hit the road with some force.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/121826/french-charity-worker-seriously-injured-in-north-pattaya-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-17

Feel very sad for this lady.

A volunteer helping Thai children.

And a "No Brain" drunk injures her.

Glad he was injured, hopefully life-changing. A self-serving punishment created by his own stupidity.

Really hope she fully recovers and can continue her good work.

• Like 1

she might be injured, but on the picture it doesn't show, that she is badly injured.

Seriously injured' my arse.

Every kid on the planet has encountered that sort of injury falling off their bikes...... lol

Nothing to see here.

How can you know ? The article talk about "lower back injuries". What if she will never again be able to use her legs ? (I hope it's not the case!). Wouldn't that be "badly injured" ? You don't need blood everywhere to be "badly injured"...

Another 'sensationalist' headline.

'Seriously injured' my arse.

Every kid on the planet has encountered that sort of injury falling off their bikes...... lol

Nothing to see here.

lol !!!!!!!!

what kind of person are you to make fun of a person involved in an accident, it is certainly becauseit is charity worker !!!

General consensus: it is her fault because she rides a bicycle in Thailand, NOT the fault of the pisshead on the motorbikefacepalm.gif

Oh, and maybe she rides a bike because, as a volunteer, she cannot afford the sort of big Humvee that all the TV posters drive around in?

Last time i drove out of Pattaya,it was around 6 am,still dark,two youths on a motorbike with no lights screamed past me at about 100kmh,no helmets,weaving in and out of traffic,i wonder if they are still alive,if they go around like that only a matter of time,i pray they never end up behind the wheel of a car,or truck or bus,i hope the lass is okay.

Cycling in ''Thailand''.... must be one of the most dangerous things to do...

Driving is bad enough, let alone getting on a bike...

Do feel for her, she is the innocent party here..

no doubt the guy will get of with it, or a 500 baht fine...

I do not agree with you at all. I find it safer using my bicycle than a motorbike. You just have to stay away from the main roads and use common sense in the traffic.

Its driving motorbikes that kills you, not bicycles.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Stupid to go about on a bicycle in Thailand! Probably one of those "save the world" types doing her part for kids and global "warming."

Blame the victim "Mr. Thai apologist" You say she was STUPID. Not as stupid as the 2 drunk prostitutes driving in the wrong direction, on Second Rd / Soi 4, this Wednesday. Where was your STUPID reply ? Why do you apologists never chime in when the victim is a Thai ?