Missing Russian woman found injured but alive in Phuket hotel room

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...on Thursday, Yana called her sister in Russia and told her that she had been kidnapped.

...last Friday, Ms Strizheus checked into the hotel.

...and found yesterday (Sunday) evening in a hotel room in Cherng Talay.

Am I the only one who find this fishy?

Claimed to be kidnapped on Thursday – Checked in to hotel on Friday – and until Sunday evening no call to the police or at least alarming to the hotel staff???

Not fishy but certainly the mystery deepens.

Could be down to bad journalistic reporting, the girl has been told not to say anything, the whole affair was a farce in order to obtain money, the couple were really kidnapped, perhaps the boyfriend beat her up, who knows? Anything else at this stage will only be pure speculation. The truth is out there, but at the moment we are only being given some vague details.

• Like 1

The police have stated it was not a kidnapping, but extortion. She is under police guard in hospital to stop an escape.

They have been living in Thailand, for over a year, on educational visas obtained to learn the language, but have been working in property.

No doubt it will lead to a review of these type of visas

• Like 1

Oh dear, the classic "INJURED BUT ALIVE". Could she be injured, but dead?

Of course she could, are you seriously suggesting that dead people never have injuries to their bodies? Or did you just want to attempt an ignorant dig at Thai journalists?

• Like 1

Of course she could, are you seriously suggesting that dead people never have injuries to their bodies? Or did you just want to attempt an ignorant dig at Thai journalists?

You mean the ones who don't know the difference between wrists and elbows?

• Like 2

Calm down, ignoramus.

Constable Marlow: "Your daughter has been has involved in a traffic accident. She is INJURED."

Parent: "Oh thank God she is alive!"

Constable Marlow: "But she is dead."

• Like 1

I'm not a very intelligent fellow but I know a little of Thailand and I find it interesting that she does not want to talk to the police.

I wonder why?????

Some of the longer term members may understand my question.

Boyfriend still missing...!!!

Perhaps an open mouth will equal a dead boyfriend...???

COMMENT: Such kidnappings (et.al.) will continue as long as Thais believe all foreigners are wealthy..

Most locals I know do not comprehend that foreigners save their money for such trips and use it all while here on vacation.

I'm not a very intelligent fellow but I know a little of Thailand and I find it interesting that she does not want to talk to the police.

I wonder why?????

COMMENT: Such kidnappings (et.al.) will continue as long as Thais believe all foreigners are wealthy..

Most locals I know do not comprehend that foreigners save their money for such trips and use it all while here on vacation.

thank you for this comment.......i am sick of the thai mentality that "all foreigners have plenty of money to give away!!!!! This is such BS and shows how ignorant and stupid some thai people are....

• Like 1

According to the latest news reports, Mr Slabinsky has been promoted from a student to a property businessman.

It is probable that this man is just another illegal foreign land and property speculator in Thailand, and these type are frequently meeting terrible fates here, so nothing really much out of the ordinary regarding this case. I very much doubt that if the kidnapping story was true, that the girl would have been still around to tell the tale. My guess is that her boyfriend attacked her in the hotel and she never left the room until later discovered there. It`s not rocket science working this one out.

As I have said many times in the past here on Thai visa, don`t become involved in Thailand.

• Like 1

hub of the russian mafia , and it will only get worse , they are as bad as the BIB without the crocodile smiles,..... in 5-10 yrs or so i can see them controlling the BIB with their bribes , very sad to think its going this way , guess thats what you get when russians are allowed to travel freely , i felt safer when the iron curtain was there .

The end of the colds war. Worst thing to ever happen to the rest of the free world. I really wish they would stop letting them in here but i'm afraid it's too late.

I wonder why?????

Can you show examples of 'such kidnappings', where it was clear there was no criminal connection?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Did the police check her passport yet. Been in Thailand long time maybe overstay or fake passport.

Overstay?. Yes, a good reason to tie her up in a hotel room, new immigration police policy? clap2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

...on Thursday, Yana called her sister in Russia and told her that she had been kidnapped.

...last Friday, Ms Strizheus checked into the hotel.

...and found yesterday (Sunday) evening in a hotel room in Cherng Talay.

Am I the only one who find this fishy?

Claimed to be kidnapped on Thursday – Checked in to hotel on Friday – and until Sunday evening no call to the police or at least alarming to the hotel staff???

Fishy indeed, a new case for TV desktop detectives, lots of missing answers here coffee1.gif

i have never read so much rubbish from all you armchair detectives . Why don't you wait until the injured woman has a chance to speak to the Authorities.

Nice of Phuket news to advertise which hospital she was in , the people who could possibly do her any harm would appreciate that information.

Well they forgot to mention her room number, wonder why?

According to the latest news reports, Mr Slabinsky has been promoted from a student to a property businessman.

It is probable that this man is just another illegal foreign land and property speculator in Thailand, and these type are frequently meeting terrible fates here, so nothing really much out of the ordinary regarding this case. I very much doubt that if the kidnapping story was true, that the girl would have been still around to tell the tale. My guess is that her boyfriend attacked her in the hotel and she never left the room until later discovered there. It`s not rocket science working this one out.

As I have said many times in the past here on Thai visa, don`t become involved in Thailand.

Some Russians want to get involved in business in Thailand and without asking the locals about what kind of protections they need, big mistake in this casecoffee1.gif

On the bed was washing powder & torn up currency. sounds like a hint to money laundering?

Now that was sharp! It really was!

And I only thought someone like Columbo or Sherlock Holmes could have made that clever deduction.

Well...yes.... if they were trying to leave a hint you could be right. With clothes and beer on the bed, as well as washing powder, and ripped and torn money, maybe somebody did get Ripped Off and lost his Shirt in a Boot Legging Money Laundry Scheme.

(flame removed). i can almost see you rubbing your hands with glee at your baseless speculation.

i notice you dont quote your sources.

Edited by Boo

Interesting how the Thai (government, TAT) media never tells the whole story, say possible rape, sexual abuse, torture or anything that would hurt tourism. Best wishes though I don't think she'll ever really recover but hopefully she can get safely out of Thailand.

When I go to America or if asked on Facebook, I tell people, only sex fiends & pedophiles go to Pattaya & in today's day & age, you go to Phuket if you want to be either beaten or killed.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Some Russians want to get involved in business in Thailand and without asking the locals about what kind of protections they need, big mistake in this casecoffee1.gif

Including other farang land and property speculators that view these newcomers as competitors and bad for business.

Land and property speculating for foreigners in Thailand is a dangerous game and carries high risks. All sorts of undesirables maybe involved, those who hold no affinities towards Thailand, only here to abuse the system and make a lot of money in a very short time.

Hopefully the authorities will clamp down hard on these people, including the Thais that collaborate with them, before they gain too much of a foothold here, if that hasn`t happened already?

(flame removed). i can almost see you rubbing your hands with glee at your baseless speculation.

This is not baseless speculation, do a search and read the reports for yourself. Problem is unless there are going to be any updates regarding this case, than the real facts will never be publicly exposed, will they?

Edited by Boo
flame & response removed

This is not baseless speculation, do a search and read the reports for yourself. Problem is unless there are going to be any updates regarding this case, than the real facts will never be publicly exposed, will they?

that hardly supports any of your arguments which remain petty speculation. you do not know the real facts. period.

Edited by Boo
included flame & reponse that have been removed

• 2 months later...

well here we go, buddy, lets hear you speculate your way out of this one?

you reckon he deserved it?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/726595-interpol-russia-notified-of-phuket-murder-kidnap-suspects/

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/DNA-results-confirm-body-missing-Russian-kidnap/29137#ad-image-0