Tourist Visa

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a simple question. I'm going to visit the thai embassy in Singapore for a new tourist visa and i wonder how long it will take to get a new visa there. If i deliver my passport and papers Monday morning, when can i pick up my passport again?. Has anyone any experience in this and can answer my question, i would be very grateful... If someone has any advice for me i would be happy to receive them as well.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes i have one previous Thai tourist visa (my first) in my passport. I'm here now on that visa issued by the Thai embassy in Norway. 2 months first, extended one month in Phuket and then extended 3 weeks at immigration here in Bangkok.

Why do you ask that question? Any important reason i should know about? In case, what do you recommend me to do?. I'm going to Singapore on holiday and thought it would be alright to apply for a new visa there at the same time as long as i'm going there anyway.

Thank you for your answer.

Yes i have one previous Thai tourist visa (my first) in my passport. I'm here now on that visa issued by the Thai embassy in Norway. 2 months first, extended one month in Phuket and then extended 3 weeks at immigration here in Bangkok.

Why do you ask that question? Any important reason i should know about? In case, what do you recommend me to do?. I'm going to Singapore on holiday and thought it would be alright to apply for a new visa there at the same time as long as i'm going there anyway.

You should be OK in Singapore, but the Thai Embassy there doesn't like too many recent tourist visa's. They are tough there. Good luck.

Thank you very much for your answers/comments, they are very useful to me who has no experience in this. I understand about many previous tourist visa in the passport. I'll try Singapore this time and hope it will be alright...

Thank you very much for your answers/comments, they are very useful to me who has no experience in this. I understand about many previous tourist visa in the passport. I'll try Singapore this time and hope it will be alright...

You can always ask for a double entry visa....you just never know. I could just be your day :o

Let us know what happened!

Nice trip and looking forward to hear from you.

I have applied for several 60 day tourist visas in Singapore. Never had a problem.

If I lodged it Monday AM, it is ready Tuesday PM maybe after 2pm kind of thing.

They are tough there.

Obviously I am not doubting your advice Dr PP, but I am curious as to why you got that impression?

Granted I did ask for a pen that worked on one of my visits there and the lady was a little rude, but I have never found them tough. Can you elaborate?

I was actually think of going to S'pore to sort out my marriage visa. If you know something I do not it is important you share :D

mind you, it would have to be harder than it is easier at the four floors to deter me :o just kidding.

I have applied for several 60 day tourist visas in Singapore. Never had a problem.

They are tough there.

Obviously I am not doubting your advice Dr PP, but I am curious as to why you got that impression?

Granted I did ask for a pen that worked on one of my visits there and the lady was a little rude, but I have never found them tough. Can you elaborate?

I was actually think of going to S'pore to sort out my marriage visa. If you know something I do not it is important you share :D

mind you, it would have to be harder than it is easier at the four floors to deter me :o just kidding.

The reputation of the consular staff there these days is said to be very, very tough. Many get knocked back, and multiple entries are not a priority for them.

Well, i'm back from Singapore now with a really bad experience. I went to the Thai embassy there in the morning to apply for my new tourist visa... I filled out the application form and underlined where it says tourist visa and took the liberty to write double entry.

The lady behind the window became irritated when she saw that and told me very clearly that this embassy didn't issue double or multiple entries so she stroke out my double entry with her pen, took my passport, picture, the application form and told me to come back next day.

Next day i went there again and after a few minutes in queue i was again facing that lady behind the window again... Of course my passport wasn't in her basket because they had a special surprise for me. She went in the back to get another lady with a higher position i think... she had my passport in her hand. She was very unpolite and rude, actually angry at me for coming there to apply for my visa. She took my passport and kept it in front of my nose and told me that i had been in Thailand for many months and was no tourist.... She pointed at my stamps. I told her quietly that i had been in Thailand only 3 months, the stamps was from my holidays in Thailand... 3 times in 2 years... everytime for 14 days. Last time for 3 months on my Norwegian tourist visa. But it was like talking to the wall, she had already made up her mind and told me again that i was no tourist and asked me what i was doing in Thailand. I said i'm a tourist. She handed me the passport and told me to go and have 1 month at the airport. She didn't bother to look at the dates on my stamps. If it's possible to complain about her behaviour some where i would really like to do that, most of all i would like to kick her butt so hard that she had to stand for the next 14 days... She is a really big bitch with serious problems. Thai embassy in Singapore is more than tough and i wouldn't recomend anyone to go there for a tourist visa except for their first one. I guess it's a reason that i was one of 3 farang there that morning.

They are tough there.

mind you, it would have to be harder than it is easier at the four floors to deter me :D just kidding.

The reputation of the consular staff there these days is said to be very, very tough. Many get knocked back, and multiple entries are not a priority for them.

I hate to say I told you so. :o

I was in Singapore beginning January, apllied for a non Imm B multiple, got turned down, well was told politely that I had to show a valid 6-month work permit in order to qualify for a multiple non-imm B, which I did not have since I had just resigned form my previous job. My request for a single non-imm B was ok'd though. But the following day when I went to pick up my single non-imm B and asked politely to get my original work contract back, i was told rudely by some other lady that I should have made a photocopy of it instead of submitting it. Anyway, it was there in a tray it took her just 2 seconds... So why being unnecessarily rude?

God know why those bitches staffing the Thai Embassy in singapore are so bitchy or shall I say grumpy? Singapore is good for a one trip visa, but do not go back for another visa there. They simply hate us foreigners!

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a simple question. I'm going to visit the thai embassy in Singapore for a new tourist visa and i wonder how long it will take to get a new visa there. If i deliver my passport and papers Monday morning, when can i pick up my passport again?. Has anyone any experience in this and can answer my question, i would be very grateful... If someone has any advice for me i would be happy to receive them as well.

I successfully applied for a new Tourist visa in Singapore last September. I had a string of prior Double Tourist Visas but there was no problem. I put my application in mid-morning and picked it up the following afternoon.

I did not need or ask for a multiple, but my understanding is that they are reluctant to issue more than single entry.

EDIT:

:o:D Sorry, I did not read the full thread before posting. :D:D

I successfully applied for a new Tourist visa in Singapore last September. I had a string of prior Double Tourist Visas but there was no problem.

Had you just arrived in Singapore from Thailand? My understanding, both from what I have observed and what I have read, is that the Thai Embassy in Singapore hassles the visa seekers who are making a visa run straight from Thailand.

Yes i came straight from Thailand and went there the next morning. I think they have a big problem to issue a Visa to everyone who Travel from Thailand to make a visa run... If i came from lets say Norway and wanted to have a Visa in Singapore to visit Thailand everything would be alright i think, but only if my passport was new, without stamps or old stamps. This is just my opinion. :o

Had I read this post earlier would have advised not to go but didnt see it till today -this embassy is the pits - surly and rude almost delighting when they 'catch' someone out. They have all watched the Basil Fawlty training videos.

There should be a general warning to everyone about this embassy at thaivisa.com so that others dont go there other than for cast iron applications.

I successfully applied for a new Tourist visa in Singapore last September. I had a string of prior Double Tourist Visas but there was no problem.

Had you just arrived in Singapore from Thailand? My understanding, both from what I have observed and what I have read, is that the Thai Embassy in Singapore hassles the visa seekers who are making a visa run straight from Thailand.

Yes, I had flown in the previous evening from Bangkok.

I might add that I had a chat with the moslem lady about retirement visas, explaining that I was not yet eligible for one but asked her about their policy in Singapore for issuing Non-Imm 'O' visas.

That was three months prior to my 50th birthday. She just shrugged and said that I should do that in Thailand.

Perhaps the fact that I was so close to retirement age may have softened her attitude with the Tourist visa?

Nah, probably down to my dashing good looks and winning charm. :o

Perhaps the fact that I was so close to retirement age may have softened her attitude with the Tourist visa?

Probably more a case of "we'll give you a tourist visa if you don't come back and bother us about a retirement visa". :o

Guest chingy

didn't read the post until today.

Singapore = no,no i will never go there again, i wouldn't recommend anybody there, yes the staff are way to rude, un-polite (singapore style) i guess.

Hello, this is my first posting at thaivisa. I am a 35 year old with British passport and I am interested to come and live in Thailand. I have a trust fund income and so I do not need to and I also have no intention to work in Thailand. Actually all I want to do is to travel around with my camera taking pictures of this beautiful country.

Could someone please advise me the best way of organising things so that I can stay in LOS. Is it possible for me to be a permanent tourist, because truthfully that is what I will be ?

Is there a visa category for 'permanent tourists' or will I have to keep renewing my tourist visa every month ? And is it possible to renew a tourist visa every month or is this becoming more difficult like in Singapore ?

Hello, this is my first posting at thaivisa. I am a 35 year old with British passport and I am interested to come and live in Thailand. I have a trust fund income and so I do not need to and I also have no intention to work in Thailand. Actually all I want to do is to travel around with my camera taking pictures of this beautiful country.

Could someone please advise me the best way of organising things so that I can stay in LOS. Is it possible for me to be a permanent tourist, because truthfully that is what I will be ?

Is there a visa category for 'permanent tourists' or will I have to keep renewing my tourist visa every month ? And is it possible to renew a tourist visa every month or is this becoming more difficult like in Singapore ?

Apply for a multiple entry Non-Immigrant O visa to study Thai culture at the Thai Consulate in Hull. You can do it all by mail. A visa like that will enable 90 day stays on each entry. It is valid for a year, and with clever use, will give you nearly 15 months stay.