Bad*ss kindergartners sit on crocodile in school’s field trip: Chiang Mai

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you going to trash the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai also? You are in there with them in the cages. Pictures are taken. No humans are mauled or killed. How is this different?

Not true, 2 ladies mauled at Tiger Kingdom.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1766192-d1151436-r23958956-Tiger_Kingdom-Mae_Rim.html

Perhaps, but that's hearsay (and allegedly bitten, not mauled). Nevertheless, why are people not up in arms about the tigers? Did the kids get bitten by the gators? No. So what's the rub?

And by the way, they are not "infants."

It is stuff like this that gives Thailand a bad reputation.... no common sense, no brain... might as well let your kid play on Bang Na expressway at night...

Why the hell truth gives a bad reputation???

They ARE without common sense and without brain !!!

Edited by KhunMichael

So are you going to trash the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai also? You are in there with them in the cages. Pictures are taken. No humans are mauled or killed. How is this different?

Not true, 2 ladies mauled at Tiger Kingdom.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1766192-d1151436-r23958956-Tiger_Kingdom-Mae_Rim.html

Perhaps, but that's hearsay (and allegedly bitten, not mauled). Nevertheless, why are people not up in arms about the tigers? Did the kids get bitten by the gators? No. So what's the rub?

And by the way, they are not "infants."

The tigers are brought up there from Cubs bit different don't you think, put it another way, would you be happy if it was your beloved child.

This is one of the stupidest pictures I have ever seen.....

The person who allowed this should be thrown in jail for being a careless imbecile.

It is stuff like this that gives Thailand a bad reputation.... no common sense, no brain... might as well let your kid play on Bang Na expressway at night...

We won't be subjecting our kids to this kind of lunatic danger on their days out with the school!!!

Feeding bananas to monkeys will remain as close as they get to wild animals.

So are you going to trash the Tiger Kingdom in Chiang Mai also? You are in there with them in the cages. Pictures are taken. No humans are mauled or killed. How is this different? [/quote

Your joking right....??? I guess you were Uneducated here also.

I bring my tourist friends and guests to this exact camp all the time. I've been there over a dozen times. They let anyone come and sit on the crocs at the end of the show. I've done it myself. Thousands of tourists have done it without a single incident. Now, would I let my kid sit on the croc? No way. And the school was out of line making that decision for the parents. But the risk really is 0%.

Not really surprising considering all the other incredible things that happen in Thailand....the teacher should be spread eagled and forced to lay next to the crocs....or at least fired......forgot, that doesn't happen in Thailand. Incompetents are allowed to continue in their chosen profession.

What blows my mind is that too many Thais have a strong reaction or will actually get angry with you or if you pop their me-and-my-fantasy-world- are-invulnerable bubble by warning them that something clearly and obviously dangerous. I'm glad to say my step daughter just about had a fit when i showed her the pictures of the kids in he croc tank and explained the situation to her. She has two kids in elementary school and she brought them over and showed them the pics and told them, "If you ever end up at one of these places with the school or your idiotic father and they tell you you can play with the crocs or the bears or the tigers you tell them "NO! It's dangerous!"

I was nice to get simply ridiculed for a change the other day. I didn't even say anything, simply gawked in silent horror as two high school kids hung off the back of the songthaew as we careened down the highway at 70 miles an hour, hanging on by one arm, each trying to see if they knock the other off the truck and onto the highway. For f&*! sake.

One of the adults sarcastically remarked, "What's wrong with the farang? Ohhh! He's worried the kids will fall off the songthaew. Oh, he looks like he's going to cry!" What can you say to that? I thought about saying, "Listen. I could care less what happens. If you don't care, the kids don't care, their parents don't care, why should I? Who am I, what use is it? I just don't want to have to be grossed out by the sight of a 16 year old kid splattered like a bug all over the front grill of the car 20 meters behind us , ok?"

'........on top of a deadly crocodile while their teachers snapped a photo'.

naughty pun. Only one person noticed.

The teachers snapped away, as did the crocs (almost). Snap of a snap?

(man in a hurry in a sandwich shop: "I want one crocodile sandwich, and make it snappy!")

Oh Dear........

I left Thailand with my kid 1 month ago. After 9 years it was too much for me. The stupidities with children school transport, field trips ("we are back at 04.00 pm". At 07.00 pm still no sign of the double decker. No teacher or driver picking up their cell phone, was a Crocodile farm trip as well..... smile.png), education system (teacher with a spanking rod during a dance performance at school).

Children disappearing which not even makes the news anymore. TV in the morning with only misery in the Bangkok protest streets. Feel much better now.

It took you 9 years to figure this out...glad your child managed to survive the Thai educational experience...

I've worked at a croc place in NZ (we had the only 2 crocs in the country) and I've been in with them once. Scared the crap out of me, and these things were bloody dangerous. I can't even begin to explain the levels of rage I have seeing these kids put into such a dangerous situation, this image is everything that is wrong with the attitude towards responsibility in this place.

You said everything I would like to have said.............. So lucky that a RIP is not in order here................ some responsibile people shouldn't be..................