TAT unveils new campaign to promote “honeyteering”

webfact

Don't you need a Work Permit to volunteer?

I wonder if the TAT will supply this?

You do indeed.

I looked into volunteering to help with hill tribe communities and found that there was no way I could do it as I am here on a retirement visa and I could not get a work permit even if I wanted one.

Yet I see groups of young supposed volunteers traveling around so I suppose there must be a way for them to do it.

Money,money,money It's a scammers world.

jb1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<shakes head in disbelief>

What planet are these morons on at the TAT? Newly married couples will NOT want to "work" on their honeymoon, and the Work Permit issue is a problem which they won't even have considered.

That's another 10 million baht down the drain (in someone's pocket).

Maybe they have to volunteer to take a lady of the night/day to to their room with them.

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

Having never heard of honeyteering, I googled it and there are a few articles and promotions, but from what I saw, the market is absolutely minuscule, as would be expected, making a 10m baht budget to promote this look totally over the top.

Has TAT come up with anything useful since the day someone created the Amazing Thailand campaign? How long ago was that?

Oh so it doesn't mean shagging half way up the shear face of a Mountain then?

jb1

The idiot Thais again. Who wants to work during a Honeymoon, let alone in Thailand! Phuket - the husband found to commit suicide after falling from his balcony; Chiang Mai - (slow death) 10 years later on their anniversary, both are confirmed with lung cancer even though none smoke; Hua Hin - nothing bad to say, just going in order, but still it's Thailand; Samui - Husband skips out in middle of the night to go to 7/11, sleeps with bar girl & gets HIV.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Don't you need a Work Permit to volunteer?

I wonder if the TAT will supply this?

You do indeed.

I looked into volunteering to help with hill tribe communities and found that there was no way I could do it as I am here on a retirement visa and I could not get a work permit even if I wanted one.

Yet I see groups of young supposed volunteers traveling around so I suppose there must be a way for them to do it.

I learned many years ago that volunteer work can be well received and the legal requirements ignored until someone, a community, organisation etc. gets jealous, has the nose put out of joint and so on and very often over the most petty of reasons.

Or a greedy official decides to make some quick money, and arrest the honeymooners for working without a permit. They will feel lots of love in a Thai jail, then again as they fork over the "fine". "Got a lot of love to give, but it sure will be some expensive, hot, sweaty, smelly love".

What a brilliant and innovative idea!........spend your honeymoon working for free in LOS........maybe clean up Lumpini Park.........keep the good ideas coming TAT.

People the world over will be scrambling to get married to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.

A honeymoon spent in Lumpini Park would bring a new meaning to "shotgun wedding"!

Maybe Suthep could start a new sideline as giving public blessings to the newlyweds, with photo op.

If you want to volunteer, why not do so in somewhere like Bangladesh or the Central African Rupublic; really poor countries. There is plenty of money in Thailand - just look at what they drive, for example - they can pay if they want to.

This whole 'we are but a poor people' act is wearing very thin in my opinion.

I thought someone must have researched this before coming up with a campaign, so did a search and found quite a few articles on "honeyteering" that changed my mind.

Especially for Americans, I think, an exotic adventure to Thailand to work in some established project for part of their honeymoon would not be that awful and crazy a thing.

Then they could travel to other places in-country or in the region, and start their marriage with an interesting experience in a faraway land.

For cynical expats living here I know it might not sound like much, but remember the first time you came here, how it struck you, and why you came back?

Personally I don't get why there are 4 pages of negative posts about this. Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by yippz56

If you pick places where volunteer work needs to be done, you do not pick the tourist spots, they are already spoilt with prostitution and bad for your honeymoon.

Let the honey bears teach democracy in the Isaan provinces, that would benefit the country...