Moving Back To Chiang Mai From Hua Hin

PeaceBlondie

Yesterday, we decided to head back to Chiang Mai on 30 June, and most of all, I'll miss the beach.

In retrospect, I'll categorize this year as recovery from my motorcycle wreck last July, a great vacation. I won't miss the jellyfish (got a nasty sting a couple of days ago), and I'm looking forward to a job market where a part-time TEFLer can find work.

It's been nice to meet the locals here and host folks from Bangkok.

Also, the health care available here is inadequate, the trips to BKK are a nuisance, and I can probably get nearly equivalent health care in Chiang Mai (I'm still plagued by a persistent wound infection and needing a shoulder replacement). But I surely will miss the beach. I know where the pools are, though.

But I know where to get Western food, find work, get around, etc. Not looking forward to the dusty season, of course. :D

Boyfriend, who's a native of ChiangMai, kept saying, "You can get anything you want in Chiang Mai." Now, where's Alice's restaurant, and Alice and her brother? :o

Yesterday, we decided to head back to Chiang Mai on 30 June, and most of all, I'll miss the beach.

In retrospect, I'll categorize this year as recovery from my motorcycle wreck last July, a great vacation. I won't miss the jellyfish (got a nasty sting a couple of days ago), and I'm looking forward to a job market where a part-time TEFLer can find work.

It's been nice to meet the locals here and host folks from Bangkok.

Also, the health care available here is inadequate, the trips to BKK are a nuisance, and I can probably get nearly equivalent health care in Chiang Mai (I'm still plagued by a persistent wound infection and needing a shoulder replacement). But I surely will miss the beach. I know where the pools are, though.

But I know where to get Western food, find work, get around, etc. Not looking forward to the dusty season, of course. :D

Boyfriend, who's a native of ChiangMai, kept saying, "You can get anything you want in Chiang Mai." Now, where's Alice's restaurant, and Alice and her brother? :o

Stay where you are. Having slagged Chiangmai and the good people here when you left, suggest you find a G-reat sauna somehere in Bangkok to hole up. Lady you're a mess.

Here's someone who posts a number of reasons why moving to Hua Hin from Chiang Mai made so much sense and now does a complete flip flop. Instead of looking for a teaching job, I think you might be better suited for a career in politics.

I also don't understand why your publicizing the fact your returning to Chiang Mai but then again, good judgement doesn't seem to be one of your virtues.

I too am interested in what Chiang Mai has to offer that Hua Hin dosnt?

I like both places myself. Both more laid back than say, Bangkok and Pattaya as an equivalent, although I'd always have Chiangers over HH... love the mountains and climate.

Welcome back PB

Ignore the Wank@ers PB....... I am glad you are coming back.. maybee we will get a chance to meet.

lay off him guys..he is a nice guy who would go out of his way to help you if you were in the shit... and he NEVER forgets a name!!!

I think you made the right choice PB. My preference is CM to live and work, and HH for holidays. Ignore the sourpusses who I'm certain have never in their life changed their minds. :o

cv

Here's someone who posts a number of reasons why moving to Hua Hin from Chiang Mai made so much sense and now does a complete flip flop. Instead of looking for a teaching job, I think you might be better suited for a career in politics.

I also don't understand why your publicizing the fact your returning to Chiang Mai but then again, good judgement doesn't seem to be one of your virtues.

Bashing all powerful Super-Moderators doesn't say a lot about your judgement either. :o

I won't take it personally. The reasons I left Chiang Mai included that the work had practically dried up for a part-timer, the dusty season was nasty, and several of my closer friends had moved to Hua Hin. I wanted to be at the beach.

Thanks to all of you, even those who think I'm a complete winker. Actually, I may be. :o

he is a nice guy who would go out of his way to help you if you were in the shit... and he NEVER forgets a name!!!

Isn't Peace Blondie a gal - female avatar, boyfriend?

Bashing all powerful Super-Moderators doesn't say a lot about your judgement either.

You're kidding right?

he is a nice guy who would go out of his way to help you if you were in the shit... and he NEVER forgets a name!!!

Isn't Peace Blondie a gal - female avatar, boyfriend?

Bashing all powerful Super-Moderators doesn't say a lot about your judgement either.

You're kidding right?

Welcome Back PB,you have been very helpful to alot of our questions !

I've just spent 5 days of the best of my prime years on wading through all 35 pages in the "Teaching in Thailand" forum. Its quite evident that PB will be an asset to the local expat-community - at least to those of us who have an interest in the local version of teaching in Thailand.

Have you got a job, yet, PB? Otherwise better hurry up - wouldn't want to compete with you next time I apply for one.