Bangkok Police arrest two armed PCAD 'guards'

webfact

So Costas, If I was to buy an illegal gun, load it, chamber a round, and stuff it down my waistband and go shopping in Big C in Korat,and out of the blue, some deranged nut job starts to assault shoppers and members of staff, say with say for example an edged weapon but I couldn't be sure if it was a knife or a biro pen. I would be perfectly entitled to draw said illegal unregistered loaded weapon, and shot the guy dead, but unfortunately I hit a few shoppers trying to protect them, there would be no questions asked?? whistling.gif

I somehow doubt that I'd ever see the light of day again.. but just in the off chance that it could potentially happen, can I refer the courts back to this page, and your comments, and just tell them that "What's the big deal your honours, Costas over at TVF said it was perfectly okay "??

Will you bring me some Red Cross parcels till the day of my execution is past please!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe its because the PDRC guards think they are above the law and don't even need to bother hiding their weapons!, Whereas whoever is carrying out the attacks on the encampment is a little bit more savvy!

Have you ever heard of self defence?

Do you really think, that they will allow themselves and fellow protesters to be killed, without trying to protect themselves?

Nobody is above the law, but everybody has the right to protect his life, as the police or the law are not interested to protect them.

Well done, about time somebody shut him up!!!!! coffee1.gif again. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Against the law when the PDRC do something wrong. A judicial coup when the PTP do something wrong.

It is against the law to carry firearms, but not against the law to be negligent in a rice scheme when the person in question is the chairman of the scheme.

I look forward to the DEM's staging a militia uprising with 200 000 unemployed, disenfranchised youth to attack anyone that finds the PDRC guilty of this firearm law you suggest. I don't doubt your right and don't doubt it is the law, but the DEM's can follow in the footsteps of the PTP and fight, loot and burn anyone or anything that finds the PDRC guilty of this crime. Doesn't matter if he is guilty or not right? That's the PTP logic. If it is good enough for the PTP to disrespect the law then why not the PDRC?

Don't know what country you guys are from, but going by your logic the USA had two judicial coups. Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, both impeached for being guilty. The opposition in America even said the courts were biased, but those same people also had “illusory pattern perception” in seeing “a coherent and meaningful interrelationship among a set of random or unrelated stimuli.” Less politely, we might call it seeing things that aren’t there, falling victim to conspiracy theories and developing superstitions. In short, the logic was replaced with a blind loyalty.

"Shut him up"? The regime has done that to all dissidents of the regime. They say the supporters mirror the party they support, well read the below of the "shut him up" stance of the regime.

The day after Somchai's disappearance, concerns were publicly raised. In response, Thaksin said, "Oh, don't worry. I understand he had a fight with his wife, and will probably be back home in a day or two.

According to Amnesty International, 18 human rights defenders were either assassinated or disappeared during thaksin's first term in office.

In April of 2009 gunmen would fire over 100 rounds into the vehicle of anti-Thaksin activist, protest leader, and media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul in a broad day light assassination attempt. He was injured but survived.

In August of 2013, businessman and Thaksin critic, Ekkayuth Anchanbutr was abducted and murdered.

On Jan 26, 2014 gunmen assassinated celebrated NGO worker, activist, and protest core leader Sutin Taratin who was critical of Thaksin, during a brazen broad-daylight drive by shooting.

I hope your OK Costa2008. Please let me know that you have not been silenced (shut up)?

Edited by djjamie

Arrested carrying firearms without a licence ? its illegal to do so, lock them up......UK its minimum 5-year sentence for carrying a gun....here its this

The Fundamentals

Under Thai law, it is mandatory for all individuals to obtain authorization prior to the possession, manufacturing, using, selling, purchase, ordering, and importation of firearms. Possession of ammunition for use with a gun other than one which you have obtained a license for owning and/or using is prohibited. You are not allowed to bring a gun with you into a city, neighborhood, or public areas without a license for carrying one on you. Exceptions do exist for emergencies depending on the situation, and for government officials or law enforcement bodies of certain types.

Purposes for Gun and/or Ammunition Possession that are permitted

Licenses for the possession and using of guns and ammunition are issued to individuals only for the following purposes: self-defense, protection of property, sports or hunting. Licenses must also be obtained for the possession of guns as keepsakes. These are usually guns which are out of date, damaged and no longer functional, or those which were awarded to individuals from official government shooting competitions. Note that you are not permitted to fire guns that are for keepsake purposes nor be in possession of ammunition for those guns.

Punishment for Violations of the Act

Violations of the rules and regulations set out in the Act are serious and the consequences for such violations vary, depending on the case. It is crucial to remember that the death penalty is permissible in Thailand. Consequences such as fines and imprisonment also apply to violations of the terms and conditions specified by the registrar in the granted license. The following are some examples of punishments for violations of the Act:

If you possess, manufacture, use, sell, purchase, order, or import firearms and/or ammunition without a license from the local registrar for doing so, you will be subject to imprisonment for a period of between one and ten years, and/or fines between 2,000 to 20,000 Baht.

If you use firearms and/or ammunition of types other than those specified as permissible in the Act, this will be considered a criminal offense. You may be subject to life imprisonment or death.

Either they have a licence or they dont and should be prosecuted if they dont to the full ... end of, no excuses no exceptions.

• Like 1

Against the law when ANYONE is caught in a public area with a firearm illegally..

This thread isn't about the rights and wrongs about the rice scheme mate, and well you know it..

Costas was talking mince.. and clearly doesn't know the law relating to the carrying weapons in a public place.. don't care if you're red/blue/green/yellow purple, break the law, accept the consequences.

• Like 1

Against the law when the PDRC do something wrong. A judicial coup when the PTP do something wrong.

It is against the law to carry firearms, but not against the law to be negligent in a rice scheme when the person in question is the chairman of the scheme.

I look forward to the DEM's staging a militia uprising with 200 000 unemployed, disenfranchised youth to attack anyone that finds the PDRC guilty of this firearm law you suggest. I don't doubt your right and don't doubt it is the law, but the DEM's can follow in the footsteps of the PTP and fight, loot and burn anyone or anything that finds the PDRC guilty of this crime. Doesn't matter if he is guilty or not right? That's the PTP logic. If it is good enough for the PTP to disrespect the law then why not the PDRC?

Don't know what country you guys are from, but going by your logic the USA had two judicial coups. Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, both impeached for being guilty. The opposition in America even said the courts were biased, but those same people also had “illusory pattern perception” in seeing “a coherent and meaningful interrelationship among a set of random or unrelated stimuli.” Less politely, we might call it seeing things that aren’t there, falling victim to conspiracy theories and developing superstitions. In short, the logic was replaced with a blind loyalty.

"Shut him up"? The regime has done that to all dissidents of the regime. They say the supporters mirror the party they support, well read the below of the "shut him up" stance of the regime.

The day after Somchai's disappearance, concerns were publicly raised. In response, Thaksin said, "Oh, don't worry. I understand he had a fight with his wife, and will probably be back home in a day or two.

According to Amnesty International, 18 human rights defenders were either assassinated or disappeared during thaksin's first term in office.

In April of 2009 gunmen would fire over 100 rounds into the vehicle of anti-Thaksin activist, protest leader, and media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul in a broad day light assassination attempt. He was injured but survived.

In August of 2013, businessman and Thaksin critic, Ekkayuth Anchanbutr was abducted and murdered.

On Jan 26, 2014 gunmen assassinated celebrated NGO worker, activist, and protest core leader Sutin Taratin who was critical of Thaksin, during a brazen broad-daylight drive by shooting.

I hope your OK Costa2008. Please let me know that you have not been silenced (shut up)?

Ignoring the rest of your off topic rant, I couldn't help seeing your penultimate "fact"

"On Jan 26, 2014 gunmen assassinated celebrated NGO worker, activist, and protest core leader Sutin Taratin who was critical of Thaksin, during a brazen broad-daylight drive by shooting."

Presumably the Thaksin reference was an attempt to link the "assassination" of Sutin Taratin with the UDD or even, laughably, the government.

Apparently an arrest warrant has been raised for a certain Mr. Thawatchai Promchan as a murder suspect. You may have heard of him - he's a Core Leader of the "People’s Army and Energy Reform Network", one of sutheps minions.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Kudos for the insane rant man,

Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for being guilty, he was impeached for getting a blowjob off Monica and lying about it.

The case didn't make through the senate and he was never removed from office.

I see your still bringing up "illusory pattern perception" without understanding what it is.

Googling wiki and then copy and pasting does not a coherent argument make.

By the way that Sutin dude got knocked off by one of his own.

• Like 1

Kudos for the insane rant man,

Bill Clinton wasn't impeached for being guilty, he was impeached for getting a blowjob off Monica and lying about it.

The case didn't make through the senate and he was never removed from office.

I see your still bringing up "illusory pattern perception" without understanding what it is.

Googling wiki and then copy and pasting does not a coherent argument make.

By the way that Sutin dude got knocked off by one of his own.

You can't help but belittle and demonize can you in your replies? Oh well. Again that will be ignored. The mods will catch up with you eventually.

Clinton was impeached for being guilty of lying about a a blow job.

I see your beliefs are still surpassing your facts as well as your ability to not understand what "illusory pattern perception" means thus having to look it up on google...

Please, if you do reply, keep the belittling and demonizing down to a minimum.

It does get tiring.

Around 20 protestors have been killed and nobody is caught even tough there are images available of the killers...

Only thing the police does is arrest PRDC memebrs who carry a gun and make a big media circus out of it although there is no proof they have even used them. Double standards? Of course not, Chalerm and Tharit would say.

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Around 20 protestors have been killed and nobody is caught even tough there are images available of the killers...

Only thing the police does is arrest PRDC memebrs who carry a gun and make a big media circus out of it although there is no proof they have even used them. Double standards? Of course not, Chalerm and Tharit would say.

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

at least a dozen people have been arrested coming into the protest areas with guns ,grenades ammunition and explosives etc but thats where the story ends ........

does anyone know what happened them ? released on bail or locked up or what happened these guys id be interesed to did the get off scott free or whatever ........??

& now the Popcorn terrorist is in police custody in Bangkok! Well done to the RTP.

Agree, well done, now set about working on arresting the thugs that have killed 20+ of the protesters!!! You have shown you can do it, keep it up.

Yes well done to the RTP for yet another anti-PTP arrest. What a pity they can't seem to find that very vocal (terrorist?) Ko Tee who started the shooting at Laksi - as well as numerous other acts of violence going back into last year, at least.

I rather suspect that the army will have to do the RTP's job again and take care of Mr Tee (friend of the other Mr T) wink.png

BTW I'm very reluctant to use the terrorist word as, too often, it has become a label to tag onto those who are sometimes using violence as a defensive measure (which the popcorn shooter was doing). 'gunman' might be a better description.

"those who are sometimes using violence as a defensive measure (which the popcorn shooter was doing)."

Oh come on! pull the other one.

the rtp are fast becoming a joke(actually they are already), they can catch these guards but they cannot catch the reds even when they are standing right beside them as they shoot. One has to wonder exactly what the police are actually doing, it would seem they are only looking in one direction. Guards have a right to defend themselves when they are shot at but the amount of weapons is a worry for everyone and this is without all the red weapons the police refuse to even notice being accounted for.

So you accept protesters in 2010 had a right to protect themselves against soldiers firing live ammo at them?

Of course you don't Mr Double Standards

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Some posters on here continue to complain that the police have not caught the grenade throwers and then when the police catch PDCR or PCAD guards with grenades they complain that the guards were only carrying explosives for self-defence.

• Like 1

Ignoring the rest of your off topic rant, I couldn't help seeing your penultimate "fact"

"On Jan 26, 2014 gunmen assassinated celebrated NGO worker, activist, and protest core leader Sutin Taratin who was critical of Thaksin, during a brazen broad-daylight drive by shooting."

Presumably the Thaksin reference was an attempt to link the "assassination" of Sutin Taratin with the UDD or even, laughably, the government.

Apparently an arrest warrant has been raised for a certain Mr. Thawatchai Promchan as a murder suspect. You may have heard of him - he's a Core Leader of the "People’s Army and Energy Reform Network", one of sutheps minions.

Yet the lack of a link again is noticed.

<Edit>

Found the link. So you will question the majority voting for the 2007 constitution, you will argue corruption in the rice scheme, you will query the majority being against the amnesty yet you will take, as gospel and without question, the police getting the right man in Sutin's murder who not only denies the murder, not only is a friend of Sutin, not only a co leader and was not only trying to find the murderer too, but but you provide this in arguing my statement without any evidence provided. All you have done is highlight again that the govt does not respect another principle of democracy called "equal protection under the law"

Then Bob jumps on the band wagon no doubt without even looking it up himself and believes what you said it.

That is PTP logic right there.

post-140765-0-37904300-1395278905_thumb.

Edited by djjamie

So they should arrest them. All of them.

It is a national disgrace that these people have taken, literally, the law into their own arms.

m8, fine if they arrest all of them, but i rather say its a national disgrace when the police wont do their job and protect the people so that those said people have to take the matter in their own hand.

please... if the police have done their job from the beginning. no guard would ever needed weapons.

if the police have done their job from the beginning. no guard would ever needed weapons.

You might have missed a part of the protests, but the yellow shirts see the police as an extension of Taksin and therefore as the enemy.

If police would have tried to protect protesters by being among them in uniform, there would not have been many coming back unharmed after the first day.

You simplify the matter so much that your comment tends to lose value.

if the police have done their job from the beginning. no guard would ever needed weapons.

You might have missed a part of the protests, but the yellow shirts see the police as an extension of Taksin and therefore as the enemy.

If police would have tried to protect protesters by being among them in uniform, there would not have been many coming back unharmed after the first day.

You simplify things even more.

Lots of the anti-government protesters came spontaneous, office workers in Bangkok and others. Those may not like the police, but would hardly have 'harmed' them had they been in uniform and be seen to help protect the anti-government protesters. As it was the police immediately took the lead from the Yingluck government in calling all undemocratic, rabble, violent, etc., etc.

m8. let me ask you then, when was the first time there were news that protester start to have armed guard? from the beginning? or was it after being bombed and shot at a few times?

when was the first time news about unknown gunmen were on the roof? wasn't it confirmed that they were police by the police's chef himself? and what did they do the night pro gov'

shot into the university? i'm pretty sure that there were a lot of footage that some police were on site but didn't do jack. in the end the military had to go in and take them out.

not much of an inspiration isn't it?

m8 i was in Thailand during nov-dec and saw as those shit happened. i didn't see the police protecting protester.

also i saw the video that was taken by the pro gov' themselves when they tried to burn a minister house.

there were police there and they just stood there and watch as the pro gov' throw in Molotov into the house of that minister.

the house owner had to protect his property himself.

do you want a link?

Not much inspiration indeed, but neither's breaking the law when it comes to carrying illegal weapons in a public place either ;)

Next you'll be telling us all that taking a little bit of cocaine doesn't harm anyone either, or that driving your car under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or sexually assaulting a woman because she's wearing a short skirt are all perfectly acceptable to you too?

You may not like the Laws, but you should be respecting them, and adhering to them, but if you don't and flout them, then I have zero sympathy when it catches up on you!!!