Going to Kuala Lumphur from Hua Hin

bobtailkitten

Easiest way would be just to fly on Air Asia. I assume they still fly, there's no reason why not. A simple search on their website would reveal all.

Last time I went (years ago) tourist visas were available in Penang. Not sure about KL. Penang was more fun than KL in my opinion.

I have just done that. If its for visa your better off going to Penang. Airasia to Penang return was 5200 baht on Skyscanner. Another option is the train to Butterworth. I have not done it but could be another option. Cheers

Hi thanks for the replies! I have found a flight with Thai Lion air which is 1,070 bhat one way...but this only goes to hat yai, how much should a taxi cost to the airport from hua hin? do you know the costs for travel from hat yai to penang? I will also check air asia now. I went to the train station and they said they were fully booked for the train to Butterworth on the Friday, someone else said to me this is very unusual and she said the sleeper train would cost about 1,135 bhat does this sound about right? seems a tad expensive. Other option is the night bus which is 745bhat but I really hate those bus journeys blasting the air con out! :/

I flew from Don Muang. I wouldn't consider 1135 baht expensive for a sleeper. The train is terrific, sleep, eat and much safer than the bus. Get the train from Hua Hin and away you go.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Train from HH to Butterworth, sleeper costs 1,020 Baht, leaves approx 7.45 pm arrives midday....get your return ticket at same time. Book bottom bunk its larger. Try and take a few Ringetts for the ferry to Penang as no Bureau de Change at Butterworth.....the train does carry on to KL but would be a hellish journey doing it all.

Edited by PattayaPhom

Hi thanks for the replies! I have found a flight with Thai Lion air which is 1,070 bhat one way...but this only goes to hat yai, how much should a taxi cost to the airport from hua hin? do you know the costs for travel from hat yai to penang? I will also check air asia now. I went to the train station and they said they were fully booked for the train to Butterworth on the Friday, someone else said to me this is very unusual and she said the sleeper train would cost about 1,135 bhat does this sound about right? seems a tad expensive. Other option is the night bus which is 745bhat but I really hate those bus journeys blasting the air con out! :/

Why go Friday, Consulates are closed Sat/Sun in Penang, go Sunday night.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to go Friday because I had to be out of the country by Saturday, so it was either leave Friday or leave much earlier in the week and loose days on my visa.

We got the bus in the end because like Isaid the train was all booked up, bus was 700 something bhat i think. Was okay but next time I would book well in advance for the train so I got a place!

The train from Hua Hin to Butterworth is the best option: take the nighttrain like some suggested and you'll be there on Saturday morning. Look for a nice place to stay in Batu Ferrengi. I stayed at a bed and breakfast called Ann's. You can find them on tripadvisor. Though it might be that they moved as they had big plans last year.

Anyway, mind you, you have to be at the Thai consulate before 11:30 am. If you need copies or passport photo's, there is a guy in front of the building who does that for a small fee.

You can pick your passport up in the afternoon. Best time of bringing and applying for your Thai visa is early morning. There some public holidays to consider and I think also Thai holidays, so check it before you go there.

To get to the Thai embassy is not so difficult, but I would consider a taxi, as it can be very hot and from the main road a long walk to get there.

Good luck!