girlfriend looking for a job

tgw

My girlfriend is looking for a job in pattaya. She speaks english quite well, quick learner, very honest ( I have known her for 3 years).

Doesn't really have more qualifications except being very friendly, good-looking, petite (1m49) and 32 yo.

And excellent cook too!

I guess she would do well in a job greeting customers with some responsibility, like head reception and cashier in a small hotel.

my thai friends in business all complain about how difficult it is to find decent staff. with so many lazy, stupid and dishonest employees here there is really no reason for anyone prepared to work hard not to get a good job.

i see many signs attached to hotels, restaurants, travel agents looking for staff. my advice; your GF needs to get off her arse, put on some decent clothes and go to speak to the owners of any businesses she would like to work.

it is worrying that she isnt doing this already and is resorting to you posting here...

• Like 1

What has she done for the 3 years you have known her?

Very little to no chance of receptionist or cashier job without Mathayom 6 certificate at least but you never know. She may get something through the informal network such as small hotel with farang owner who is one of your mates.

Edited by Briggsy

The big question is......will she be happy working as cashier/reception doing 10-12 hours a day with maybe three days off a month and penalised for being sick, for the grand sum of circa 8,000 baht?

Her best bet is to go back and get a Kor Nor Ror certificate from a college. Anyone can get one in 2 years. Much better chance of a job. They are equivalent to Mathayom 6 certificate.

Depends how motivated she is.

• Like 1

The big question is......will she be happy working as cashier/reception doing 10-12 hours a day with maybe three days off a month and penalised for being sick, for the grand sum of circa 8,000 baht?

This is why my tgf doesn't work. All she is offered is 7000 a month for working 70 hours a week. By the time she has paid her travel, uniform and food she is left with 100 baht a day.

• Like 1

Garden Beach Condominium Resort , Wong Amat, Soi 16 want general staff, 9000 per Month.

Well done Banzai99......

I expect that is the "constructive" response the OP was looking for

I have sent a pm to op with a job offer, the answer was along the lines of "for her to be promoted after 6 months"

To be honest, i do not think OP resides in Thailand and if he does, she the gf is taking him for a good ride.

According to OP, she does not have education or experience, but HE is looking to put her into HEAD reception job

HE is looking for company to make her even bigger boss after 6 months.

Ever had or heard of a job where without education or experience someone was made into a manager after 6 months?

With the big boys like Hilton, she will not even get an invite for an interview, and other 3-4 star chains, the most she would be offered is either a cleaner or night shift with no prospect of moving up, but a salary review AFTER 1 YEAR OF SERVICE

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

I have sent a pm to op with a job offer, the answer was along the lines of "for her to be promoted after 6 months"

To be honest, i do not think OP resides in Thailand and if he does, she the gf is taking him for a good ride.

Isn't posting your opinion on the OP's response to your job offer PM in the public forum just a tad disingenuous?

If I was making a serious offer, I would have asked the OP for his gf's email or phone number and made the offer directly. If the OP was serious about helping his gf, he would have agreed to do this.

Back OT, there are plenty opportunities for work in Pattaya. The earlier comment about someone's gf who won't even get out of bed for 7000 baht. Where on earth does she think she is? If the figures quoted by (yet another) boyfriend are to be believed, even after 70 hours of work, she would have 100 baht that she didn't have before.

Some want to work and some don't.

Isn't posting your opinion on the OP's response to your job offer PM in the public forum just a tad disingenuous?

If I was making a serious offer, I would have asked the OP for his gf's email or phone number and made the offer directly. If the OP was serious about helping his gf, he would have agreed to do this.

Back OT, there are plenty opportunities for work in Pattaya. The earlier comment about someone's gf who won't even get out of bed for 7000 baht. Where on earth does she think she is? If the figures quoted by (yet another) boyfriend are to be believed, even after 70 hours of work, she would have 100 baht that she didn't have before.

If you actually bothered to read what was written you would see that it has nothing to do with the job offer but an unrealistic expectations based on nothing but a thin air.

But since we are being so pissy, OP did not ask for your opinion on what is fair pay, but asked for a job for his gf.

Got a job offer? Or know of someone offering a job as a head reception and cashier to inexperienced, uneducated and unskilled person?

And considering the age and lack of skills, most likely a bar girl or an ex bar girl

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

I spoke with a lady recently making 9,000 salary and about 10,000 in tips.

She cooks hamburgers.

12 hour days though.

Good for her.....she deserves the "tips".......12 hours is a long shift ......every day

There are plenty of people who "will" work for their money......

And many who want money given to them.......

"Workers & Shirkers"

All over the world not just Thailand

• Like 2

If you actually bothered to read what was written you would see that it has nothing to do with the job offer but an unrealistic expectations based on nothing but a thin air.

But since we are being so pissy, OP did not ask for your opinion on what is fair pay, but asked for a job for his gf.

Got a job offer? Or know of someone offering a job as a head reception and cashier to inexperienced, uneducated and unskilled person?

And considering the age and lack of skills, most likely a bar girl or an ex bar girl

Nothing about my being pissy. I reckon most of us had already sussed out that the OP is a newbie cadging for a job for his holiday romance tilac with the possibility that she is of the demimondaine persuasion.

However, you chose to PM* the OP, make an offer through him only to publicly chastise the OP, paraphrase what he shared with you in a responding PM* and further state your unconfirmed assertions as to her social standing, all based on replies to a PRIVATE MESSAGE*.

I always thought that PM'ing was exactly that, private. You know, like 'What happens in Vegas...?'

Nothing about my being pissy. I reckon most of us had already sussed out that the OP is a newbie cadging for a job for his holiday romance tilac with the possibility that she is of the demimondaine persuasion.

However, you chose to PM* the OP, make an offer through him only to publicly chastise the OP, paraphrase what he shared with you in a responding PM* and further state your unconfirmed assertions as to her social standing, all based on replies to a PRIVATE MESSAGE*.

I always thought that PM'ing was exactly that, private. You know, like 'What happens in Vegas...?'

Again wrong, OP was very clear in his opening, head reception , no experience, no education

OP's response to PM was along the same lines.

Now back to OP, did you have job offer? or knew someone with suitable position?