genuine win7

Lelipad

In my computer it was installed a genuine win7 in an Isaan location. Then I moved to central Thailand. In central Thailand I had a computer problem and I had to reinstall win7 using the original genuine disk and giving the original genuine product key already given in Isaan. But now I keep receiving messages that my Windows copy is not genuine. Can it be because I moved to another location? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Had you changed the hardware between the first and second installs? Windows uses hardware as part of the "fingerprint" for the install.

Do I need to activate Windows after making a hardware change?

Maybe. When you make a significant hardware change to your computer, such as upgrading the hard disk and memory at the same time, you might be required to activate Windows again. For more information, see Activate Windows 7 on this computer.

Did you make ANY changes to the PC hardware?

The installation key is tied to hardware elements at authentication. If you install a new motherboard, make memory changes or swap in a new hard drive these could trigger an authentication issue.

Activating Windows: frequently asked questions

I also wouldn't underestimate the length some IT shops will go to get money, although counterfeit retail-box packaging with holographic install keys (if that's what you have) would seems a bit extreme.

Wow there's an echo in here.

biggrin.png

Or, you have precognitive powers.

I checked to see if you were anywhere around, climbed in through the window, started to post, went to verify my response with a genuine link... and now there's an 18 minute gap where I don't have an alibi.

Wow there's an echo in here.

biggrin.png

Or, you have precognitive powers.

I checked to see if you were anywhere around, climbed in through the window, started to post, went to verify my response with a genuine link... and now there's an 18 minute gap where I don't have an alibi.

Well lets hope we've solved his mystery.

thumbsup.gif

Had you changed the hardware between the first and second installs? Windows uses hardware as part of the "fingerprint" for the install.

Maybe. When you make a significant hardware change to your computer, such as upgrading the hard disk and memory at the same time, you might be required to activate Windows again. For more information, see Activate Windows 7 on this computer.

Veerrry In-terrresting!! But Shtoopide!! Thanks!

Veerrry In-terrresting!! But Shtoopide!! Thanks!

Well it's an anti-piracy measure after all.

Download WAT and disable the message. End of a headache.

Would you have bought a genuine program then you'd have paid around 5 K for it. Did you at the small Isaan Shop?

Edited by sirchai

Would you have bought a genuine program then you'd have paid around 5 K for it. Did you at the small Isaan Shop?

For anybody wondering what sirchai might mean with "WAT", I believe this acronym stands for Windows Activation Technologies.

For anybody wondering what sirchai might mean with "WAT", I believe this acronym stands for Windows Activation Technologies.

Nope, it's Windows Activation Tool.Once it's disabled, there's no more message popping up.

Just in theory as we all know it's illegal.Theoretically, you could make all updates.

Edited by ubonjoe
Remove link to illegal software ( link does not work anyway)

Nope, it's Windows Activation Tool.Once it's disabled, there's no more message popping up.

Just in theory as we all know it's illegal.Theoretically, you could make all updates.

I tried all that. Think after 30 days they came back. Can't remember exactly what happened, but no way out. Now have genuine W7 in the same PC and it's great. thumbsup.gif

I tried all that. Think after 30 days they came back. Can't remember exactly what happened, but no way out. Now have genuine W7 in the same PC and it's great. thumbsup.gif

Will send you a text.

Once you've got a "genuine" version of Windows 7 from a shop here installed, it takes about a week when you run updates, that Windows will find that out and the not genuine message pops up.

Those shops then use said tool.This post wasn't made to post any illegal activities, it's more to understand why and how shops here are handling their set ups.

Trans, how much did they charge you for the genuine version? It's usually 5 K. Cheers