non-o for wife as dependant in Peneng

I have a non-o which was arranged in Chiang Mai. We have been advised that my wife (not Thai) will need to get hers outside Thailand and we thought we would do it in Penang.

Has anyone experience in doing this there?

Would also be grateful for contact details of an agency who could maybe "smooth the process". Most only seem to do tourist visas.

As a matter of interest how was the NON "O" arranged in Chang Mai and on what basis ?

As far as I am aware a "dependency" cannot be linked to a visa.

On what basis is your wife going to apply for a visa ?

Edited by thepool

I assume you did a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon you qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Your wife can get a single entry non-o visa as your dependent if you have already gotten your extension of stay done.

It can be done in Penang or any other nearby consulate.

She will need your marriage certificate and copies of your passport pages showing your extension of stay.

If she is 50 or over she could also get one on that basis.

"As a matter of interest how was the NON "O" arranged in Chang Mai and on what basis ?"

As ubonjoe says, arranged by agency locally on 60 day tourist visa, just been extended.

Think I understand the docs required. Really need to confirm that Penang will do it and find an agent that will assist if necessary.

I assume you did a conversion to a non immigrant visa entry based upon you qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Your wife can get a single entry non-o visa as your dependent if you have already gotten your extension of stay done.

It can be done in Penang or any other nearby consulate.

She will need your marriage certificate and copies of your passport pages showing your extension of stay.

If she is 50 or over she could also get one on that basis.

----------------------

Correct as you usually are.

If her husband was here on a Non B visa and extension with a Work Permit and she was NOT yet over 50, would she be also able to get an extension based on that to stay with him also?

Might be some on this forum in that situation who would like to know.