hi there

just wondering about opening a ebay account to buy and sell on. is there anyway i can do this in thailand. seen a few people with a member in thailand, so i guess they are using a credit card in thailand. But how do i use paypal, because it states it not accepted here, so i guess it needs a US bank. Can anyone help me out please.

thank you

Hi,

You can register a ebay account in Thailand. No problem. Selling and buying as a registred member in Thailand is not a problem.

The problem is Paypal.

If you live in Thailand and have a adress in Thailand you need a creditcard in a Thaibank.

But you can not transfer money from paypal to a Thaibank account.

Check out the link:

https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/webscr?c...untries-outside

Where you from? Do you already have a Paypal account? There are many ways to deal with your situation......

Best Rgds

Martin266

Check out ThaiEpay. Same system as Paypal and based in Thailand.

Their "EPAY FLOW" system is superb, use it myself. Fantastic for eBay.

Their charges are 3,000 Baht per year and 4% of each transaction, pretty cheap really. You get paid direct to your Thai bank account at the end of every month!

hi there

thanks for that. i checked the thai e pay out. pretty interesting. Someone i got talking to told me that you can open online US bank account for non residents. So me just looking into that. Anyone have any ideas, would really appreciate your help. i think these wooden carving would do well on ebay, thats why plus it give me something to do in my spare time :o

thank you guy for yoru previous replies

Check out ThaiEpay. Same system as Paypal and based in Thailand.

Their "EPAY FLOW" system is superb, use it myself. Fantastic for eBay.

Their charges are 3,000 Baht per year and 4% of each transaction, pretty cheap really. You get paid direct to your Thai bank account at the end of every month!

hi there

thanks for that. i checked the thai e pay out. pretty interesting. Someone i got talking to told me that you can open online US bank account for non residents. So me just looking into that. Anyone have any ideas, would really appreciate your help. i think these wooden carving would do well on ebay, thats why plus it give me something to do in my spare time :D

thank you guy for yoru previous replies

:D So many topics and sicussions on the subject, but until now, NOBODY could come up with a solution for opening an US bank account online without being an US resident...I don't know why I think it's completely impossible :o

Edited by alexth

Take a trip to singapore and open an account there.. paypal will send to sing and you can withdraw via atm.

ThaiEpay's 4% is very expensive, and they have the nerve to charge per year also... what a rip off.

Take a trip to singapore and open an account there.. paypal will send to sing and you can withdraw via atm.

ThaiEpay's 4% is very expensive, and they have the nerve to charge per year also... what a rip off.

thanks for that friend. really appreciated. Juts a few questions if you dont mind.

what bank in singapore let non resident open a account

what do i need to open it

and how do i get a debit card with it

thank you

thanks for that friend. really appreciated. Juts a few questions if you dont mind.

what bank in singapore let non resident open a account

what do i need to open it

and how do i get a debit card with it

thank you

You can open an HCBC account in Singapore without leaving Thailand! They will send you the forms via e-mail attachment, take your passport and proof of address (utility bill drivers licence etc...), to the HSBC in Bangkok to get it verified by the bank manager or some officer, then send it all in via the post. Once open you can TT money into or out of the account. Very easy!

Good luck