Suzuki Vitara 1995

Wifey and I are have been offered a private sale of the above car. All seems good with it and in the right price range. Two expat owners, the latest have been an older couple who for the past three years have only been using it to get the supermarket and back.

Does anyone know anything about these cars that might make me not want to buy it? We aren't looking for anything flash, only something relatively sturdy and it looks to be the ticket.

From researching the Thai websites such as talaadtot.com, it seems that the 1995 models carry a premium over the 1996-1998 models. Seems very strange that an older model is more expensive, but I guess the 1995 was the last of the range somehow better than what came after. Anyone know why?

Wifey and I are have been offered a private sale of the above car. All seems good with it and in the right price range. Two expat owners, the latest have been an older couple who for the past three years have only been using it to get the supermarket and back.

Does anyone know anything about these cars that might make me not want to buy it? We aren't looking for anything flash, only something relatively sturdy and it looks to be the ticket.

From researching the Thai websites such as talaadtot.com, it seems that the 1995 models carry a premium over the 1996-1998 models. Seems very strange that an older model is more expensive, but I guess the 1995 was the last of the range somehow better than what came after. Anyone know why?

The Suzuki Vitara stemmed from the SJ413 jeep which was and remains a legendary off road vehicle, it is possible that the early Vitara retained some of that ability and basicness , thus adding a unique selling point premium to its selling price where the later models sank into family car obscurity for their blandness. Not something that I would imagine would bother you, if it is the reason! :D

You might check the availabilty of spares as this seems to have gone downhill in the Pattaya area in recent times, seems to be to do with GM/Suzuki/Daewoo problems. :o

Edited by fisherd3