UK Visit visa for Thai G/F Supporting documents

Firstly, thanks to all who contribute to the forum it really helps us newbies to keep up with the ever changing requirements.

I have a few questions regarding the level of supporting documents we should provide.

A short outline of our relationship

Met 18months ago, I have visited 4 times since then and we have travelled all over Thailand when holidaying together. She is not in skilled labour, but does own a small holding of land.

My G/F was previously married and has two teenage children from this marriage. I am a UK National.

From what I understand reason for return will be the most difficult to 'prove' we were thinking of providing the following supporting documentation?

Her children's birth certificates?

Land ownership certificate

Photos of my home with mortgage statement

6 months bank statements

Holiday photos from travelling together

hotel bookings showing her name on booking along with mine

Sponsor letter detailing plans, reason for visit is to meet my family, 3week holiday

Letter from my employer outlining length of service, job title, annual salary

Phone records going back to when we met (use access number)

Western union transfers - not too many as ECO might think its a financial relationship?

Any thing I've missed or do I sound doomed to failure?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The reason for return is always the hard one. In your covering letter it is always worth putting that she would not want to jeopardize and future applications. Also you need to prove you have accommodation for her in the UK for the duration of her visit.

Pete

• Like 1

As PeeJay1959 has indicated her application will succeed or fall on her reasons to return home.

She has to convince the Entry Clearance officer that she will return home at the conclusion of her holiday.

The application is about her not you, and whilst you are sponsoring her you maybe want to cut down on the evidence about your life in the UK and concentrate on her evidence.

If you are sponsoring her then you need to satisfy the ECO that it's affordable, your bank statements and pay slips should do that, there's really no need to provide a letter from your employer.

You don't need mortgage statements, even the land registry details maybe over the top for a short holiday, just a description of your home with maybe a photo.

The details of the sponsor letter you propose including are fine, just make sure it's brief and to the point, don't write pages and pages of waffle, the ECO will want to make a decision as quickly as possible. Also don't include too many photos.

Getting back to the reasons to return, she (or you on her behalf) should also write a covering letter, roughly mirroring yours but adding her ties to her home country, this is always the make or break.

I wouldn't send copies of her children's birth certificates, many Thai mothers leave the kids with family whilst they go off to earn money, though she could include a line in her letter.

She really needs to build up a picture of her life in Thailand and provide evidence, employment, studies, home and the like.

• Like 1

Thanks, hadn't even thought about her letter, I did think I possibly was thinking this through too much for a visit visa with regards to documentation.

One of paragraphs in my letter I use is "I will be supporting xxxxx during her stay and I will bear all her responsibilities including but not limited to, financial responsibilities, travel,housing and medical expences within the UK" I also say she will return to TH so not to jeopardise future applications and I intend to go out and spend Christmas and New Year in TH. My GF is not skilled just has a good heart and cute. She came over last year and hopefully will be over in May again.

Her application is about 70 pages and I do include my mortgage statement and Zoopla house index price.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by vulcan903

You may also find UK visit visa basics helpful.

Vulcan903, I like your paragraph; but 70 pages! Seems a bit OTT to me.

Its my bank statements that do it. I use my plastic even for a coffee at Mc Donalds.

I lay it out in a soft folder and in chapters.

TH GF

Passport

ID card both sides

K Bank passbook

House Book

Previous Visa and exit stamp.

Photo of shop where she works but also explanation that its a self employed so not guaranteed she would return to work and if fact likley to go home and wait for me to come out at Christmas.

Me

Passport

Passport showing trips

Bank

Mortgage

Savings

Payslips

Letter

8 photos 4 in TH 4 from previous UK visit

Caxton FX transfers to her bank

Rebtel Phone Calls

Tango App Screen Shot

Zoopla House Price index for my house.

1 page of house pics

Itinerary

Advanced flight bookings for me to visit TH post expiry of current Visa application.

It was about 10g under the limit to send by DHL for a document folder. Send Friday lunch time from the UK. In her hand Monday lunch time. £36 delivery. I was impressed by DHL and they found the correct postcode rather than the one supplied locally!

Edited by vulcan903

Its my bank statements that do it. I use my plastic even for a coffee at Mc Donalds.

Know what you mean.

Though the other day I wanted to use my debit card to buy a packet of fags at W H Smiths and they wanted to add a surcharge of 35p!

I went over the road to Waitrose.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As PeeJay1959 has indicated her application will succeed or fall on her reasons to return home.

She has to convince the Entry Clearance officer that she will return home at the conclusion of her holiday.

The application is about her not you, and whilst you are sponsoring her you maybe want to cut down on the evidence about your life in the UK and concentrate on her evidence.

If you are sponsoring her then you need to satisfy the ECO that it's affordable, your bank statements and pay slips should do that, there's really no need to provide a letter from your employer.

You don't need mortgage statements, even the land registry details maybe over the top for a short holiday, just a description of your home with maybe a photo.

The details of the sponsor letter you propose including are fine, just make sure it's brief and to the point, don't write pages and pages of waffle, the ECO will want to make a decision as quickly as possible. Also don't include too many photos.

Getting back to the reasons to return, she (or you on her behalf) should also write a covering letter, roughly mirroring yours but adding her ties to her home country, this is always the make or break.

I wouldn't send copies of her children's birth certificates, many Thai mothers leave the kids with family whilst they go off to earn money, though she could include a line in her letter.

She really needs to build up a picture of her life in Thailand and provide evidence, employment, studies, home and the like.

Worth reading these two posts again ... thumbsup.gif

Thanks to all for contributions so far, busy weekend filing ahead no doubt I will have more questions. Don't realise how lucky some of us are able to visit most countries with minimal hassle!

Make sure to have your bank statements etc stamped and signed by someone at your bank. This is very important and you could get refused if you do not.

Seriously?? I thought that only applied to online statements or photocopies.

The bank statements that are mailed to you are originals, by definition. No ?

For the avoidance of doubt original bank statements, showing details of the bank and the account holders address, need no further action.

Only online statements, printed by the account holder, need evidence of their authenticity by the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

Vulcan903, I like your paragraph; but 70 pages! Seems a bit OTT to me.

I lay it out in a soft folder and in chapters.

TH GF

Passport

ID card both sides

K Bank passbook

House Book

Previous Visa and exit stamp.

Photo of shop where she works but also explanation that its a self employed so not guaranteed she would return to work and if fact likley to go home and wait for me to come out at Christmas.

Me

Passport

Passport showing trips

Bank

Mortgage

Savings

Payslips

Letter

8 photos 4 in TH 4 from previous UK visit

Caxton FX transfers to her bank

Rebtel Phone Calls

Tango App Screen Shot

Zoopla House Price index for my house.

1 page of house pics

Itinerary

Advanced flight bookings for me to visit TH post expiry of current Visa application.

It was about 10g under the limit to send by DHL for a document folder. Send Friday lunch time from the UK. In her hand Monday lunch time. £36 delivery. I was impressed by DHL and they found the correct postcode rather than the one supplied locally!

Good news for me! Her Visa was granted. I did start to panic as my Bank Statements were printed off PDF files from the internet and also my saving was just a printer dump as the next statement is not due until June.

All good though apart I asked for it to start 1st May and as usual its dated 1st April, so only really ever a 5 month visa.

Re step daughter's visa application!! see Garry below

Wife and I Have now received these helpful communications:

[email protected]

ใบคำร้องขอวีซ่า,หมายเลขอ้างอิง APET/250314/***ได้รับการพิจารณาแล้ว เราได้จัดส่งหนังสือเดินทางพร้อมกับผลการพิจารณาคำร้องขอวีซ่าคืนให้ท่านแล้วทางบริษัทไปรษณีย์ไทย เมื่อ 10/04/2014

Subject: UK VISA Application Status

Your processed visa application reference no. APET/250314/*** dispatched to you via via 9sic!)EMS service

by Thai Post on 04/10/2014

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre.

Who on earth is running this shambles?. If it was a ship it would have sunk

Edited by laolover88