Crackdown on Bangkok shopping mall street parking announced

webfact

I have lived in Silom for 9 years and have never once seen a policeman patrolling the sidewalks except to collect money. Vendors have greatly infringed on walking areas, beggars sit in most narrow areas (like next to BTS) and the number of motorcycles riding or parked on sidewalk has increased. Also I note that vendors set up before the evening rush hour now and have their carts blocking one lane of Silom Road. The only police I see in Silom are for traffic control.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Should also get rid of street vendors in those same areas. Whenever you get out of a car or even bus, you can't find the opening to the sidewalk because of the crowded vendor stalls.

Street vebdors can get rid, unless that vendors are from anti-govt Suthep's group, which have court protection to stay and occupy not on the sidewalk, but and street and junction they like.

Nice to hear they are starting to enforce the law, like they are paid to do.

And yet in other threads the police are berated for dealing with such things while more important (in the posters' opinions) crimes go unsolved.

I guess it's lucky that no one at the police really cares what gets posted here at the hub of ceaseless whining otherwise they might feel that they're

dam.png

For people who dont need to sit any sort of driving test / examination and do not need to understand the basic safety and courteous use of the roads and also show any respect towards other drivers road users, they all just muddle by on the roads killing the odd person on their travels but heck that is just the way it is in Thailand like it or leave it, no one cares and life is very cheap here a big added bonus for the rich bad drivers,

For people who dont need to sit any sort of driving test / examination and do not need to understand the basic safety and courteous use of the roads and also show any respect towards other drivers road users, they all just muddle by on the roads killing the odd person on their travels but heck that is just the way it is in Thailand like it or leave it, no one cares and life is very cheap here a big added bonus for the rich bad drivers,

I must say that the driver's test and driver's ed do not help one bit.

Sad to say the best advice I received from friends in Thailand was if you ever hit a motorcycle, make sure you back up and run over him again. It's cheaper to pay for funeral services and some compensation one time rather than supporting the victim and his family for the long term. Sad but maybe true.

How about putting some effort in Soi 11. Taxis loitering outside hotels, food vendors, mobile bars, massage girls and motor cycles taxis make it impossible to walk on the pavements. When walking on the road you take your life in your hands

How many soi 11 in Bangkok?