Yingluck encounters whistle blowers at landfill fire scene

webfact

The state must be in good condition as she has time for this. There is obviously nothing more important to attend to.

Aren't you one of the people who laments the fact that the PM doesn't visit the south? And now you take a romp in the gutter to offer the comment that she " obviously has nothing more important to attend to".

The fire was a major catastrophe. Thousands have been affected and thousands are worried. In the real world, this qualifies as a serious event. The PM came in her capacity as PM to reassure the public and to offer support. That's what a PM is supposed to do. You may not think this important, but the thousands of local residents, with the exception of 3 idiots blowing whistles, probably do as well. You would be the first to criticize her if she attended a cabinet meeting and didn't visit. Your hatred blinds you, and it's a sorry indictment of your mindset.

Kid... this is not the south.. its just below BKK.

As for what she has done.. I will wait for what happens to the people who are responsible for this dump. If nothing happens it shows how effective YL is because she is personally supervising it.

Not only is it not the South, the dump is in Samut Prakarn, a very Red, UDD Province on the southern border of Bangkok. Surprised anyone blew a whistle as this area is represented by the MP that introduced the Amnesty Bill.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The state must be in good condition as she has time for this. There is obviously nothing more important to attend to.

Aren't you one of the people who laments the fact that the PM doesn't visit the south? And now you take a romp in the gutter to offer the comment that she " obviously has nothing more important to attend to".

The fire was a major catastrophe. Thousands have been affected and thousands are worried. In the real world, this qualifies as a serious event. The PM came in her capacity as PM to reassure the public and to offer support. That's what a PM is supposed to do. You may not think this important, but the thousands of local residents, with the exception of 3 idiots blowing whistles, probably do as well. You would be the first to criticize her if she attended a cabinet meeting and didn't visit. Your hatred blinds you, and it's a sorry indictment of your mindset.

Indeed, that's her job to look pretty. But it is obvioulsy not her job to remind the police to do their job and enforce the law. They might not help her anymore when needed to get rid of protesters.

It is also not her job to make sure the laws protecting the environment and public health are enforced, because allowing such toxic dumps brings a lot of corruption money to her supporters.

But what exactly is her job as the leader of the "executive"?

Indeed, that's her job to look pretty. But it is obvioulsy not her job to remind the police to do their job and enforce the law. They might not help her anymore when needed to get rid of protesters.

It is also not her job to make sure the laws protecting the environment and public health are enforced, because allowing such toxic dumps brings a lot of corruption money to her supporters.

As pointed out this dump is in one of their red strongholds. Message to PTP/Yingluck. PREVENTION better than cure.

That was while Ms. Yingluck was still PM and one may say that even as caretaker PM she was on the election campaign trail in North and NorthEast.

As for 'attending cabinet meetings' she did that upcountry while things where going on in parliament. Or have a business meeeting in a hotel while parliament deliberates.

Now that there are no elections Ms. Yingluck might find the time to act a bit more as (possibly) caretaker PM, maybe even answer some questions the NACC had, cleanup her desk, things like that.

As pointed out this dump is in one of their red strongholds. Message to PTP/Yingluck. PREVENTION better than cure.

Is the fact that those few whistle blowers could blow their whistle and weren't molested by the other people around a sign that the red-shirts are more tolerant, or is the locap population somewhat less thrilled by Ms. Yingluck and her government at the moment?

Is the fact that those few whistle blowers could blow their whistle and weren't molested by the other people around a sign that the red-shirts are more tolerant, or is the locap population somewhat less thrilled by Ms. Yingluck and her government at the moment?

On the latest trends (monk) they were lucky they are not the center of attention at a rural funeral.

• Like 1

Sillier comments than normal.

What possible good comes out of Poo visiting, surrounded by bodyguards, and then issuing a few commands, like "please do your jobs". She might consider doing hers. What next, a few free sanitary masks with Thaksin's face on to show he cares, like the food parcels in the last floods?

She should be helping lead the country out of the incredible mess her family of created. But no, photo opps are much better, and she go show off her wonderful fast recovery from the torn ligament that put her in a wheel chair last week.

Offer her support - only if there's a profit in it.

So the LOS turns into the LOLS (Land of Lost Smiles) I surely hope that the Thai People wake up soon.... Yingluck is a disgrace in my book......

along with her family..... I will pray for Thailand..... Just a sign of what happens when a Nation of a People turns into, a Nation of the self-serving.

Just remember, it is happening everywhere.....

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

what immature people these whistler blowers are. grow up you idiots.

They want a corruption free, democratic government. Yes that is immature, with some education they would know that it is hopeless....such a thing doesn't exist anywhere worldwide.

Only naive characters dream of such things. Mature one try to get their own share from the corruption.

That is what you want to tell, or?

And I must admit you might be right.

Since when is a democratic government hand picked by people who cannot get elected as they are a minority,

The education system is being reformed, maybe just not at a pace you would like. As for corruption...sure Suthep has a spotless record...

Get a grip...

How dare she do her job & show concern for issues affecting Thais.

May I ask what good Mark Abhisit has been doing recently. He prefers to lurk in the shadows waiting for another chance to pounce on illegitimate power.

I do believe what Abhisit has been doing is a tad off topic of Yingluck encounters whistle blowers at landfill fire scene. But you already know that because you are a teacher right?

• Like 1

May I ask what good Mark Abhisit has been doing recently. He prefers to lurk in the shadows waiting for another chance to pounce on illegitimate power.

I was a bit surprised too that Yingluck came out of hiding. I thought she was still somewhere in the North.

Well done Yingluck.

Edited by Nickymaster

Yes, and she doesn't need a wheelchair. It seems that the Medical staff in the area were all waiting for her "order" to provide all the necessary care to people affected by the fire. perhaps she saw the medical staff sitting around watching "Soapies" and ignoring patients.

I do believe what Abhisit has been doing is a tad off topic of Yingluck encounters whistle blowers at landfill fire scene. But you already know that because you are a teacher right?

Pimay1--all I can add is that's a bit RICH coming from a teacher, pleased he wasn't my teacher---but that's crazy he would have to be in his 90s now.

• Like 1

I was a bit surprised too that Yingluck came out of hiding. I thought she was still somewhere in the North.

Well done Yingluck.

She was attending OTT---sorry--OTOP visits.

Yes, and she doesn't need a wheelchair. It seems that the Medical staff in the area were all waiting for her "order" to provide all the necessary care to people affected by the fire. perhaps she saw the medical staff sitting around watching "Soapies" and ignoring patients.

I was also wondering about the wheelchair. Probably a miracle healing. Or maybe she visited the world renowned monk in Bangkok that performs punch line bone-therapy and people are instantly healed.

Pimay1--all I can add is that's a bit RICH coming from a teacher, pleased he wasn't my teacher---but that's crazy he would have to be in his 90s now.

Anything is possible. Dementia sets in around ninety.

Edited by Pimay1
  • Like 1

There's a lot of continuing fascination by some with this particular member. wub.png

Whatever it may be, I couldn't care less myself. laugh.png

Edited by Publicus

There's a lot of continuing fascination by some with this particular member.

I wonder why?

• Like 1

".... she ordered that all care and aid possible be given to those who were affected by the fire...."

Did she also order an investigation and punishment of those responsible for the illegal dumping ?

Of course not you do not punish your supporters, in her stronghold red area, they would be thanked more than likely for getting dump money.

I wonder why?

there are some on here with learning difficulties. the unteachable "special" people, of TVF, namely the Suthep supporters.

the fire has been put out, there remain some plumes of toxic smoke emanating from the site.

Upon hearing these words, Yingluck's thoughts inevitably turned to her brother. She couldn't shake the feeling that this whole tragic dump-fire is a metaphor for something.

Perhaps some idea of what a metaphor can look like if it became a literal reality.

The 2006 coup for instance. The destruction it has caused has become increasingly real and ugly, along with its vivid stench.

Edited by Publicus

what immature people these whistler blowers are. grow up you idiots.

They want a corruption free, democratic government. Yes that is immature, with some education they would know that it is hopeless....such a thing doesn't exist anywhere worldwide.

Only naive characters dream of such things. Mature one try to get their own share from the corruption.

That is what you want to tell, or?

And I must admit you might be right.

Spot on.

I wonder why?

there are some on here with learning difficulties. the unteachable "special" people, of TVF, namely the Suthep supporters.

Wow Moonao, I thought you had finally posted something I could agree with until I read the last four words.

Was reported elsewhere this morning that she said that people should report illegal dumping to authority and that whistle blowers (of a different kind obviously) should be protected.

Possibly that was before these stupid people blew whistles at her.

They should know her exulted elite status must always be protected, "don't you know who my big brother is"

What should an ordinary civilian be doing? He's not a PM or an MP or anything? I could ask what Thaksin has been doing recently, but that would be as irrelevant as asking what Abhisit has been doing.

• Like 1

That's called governing , but you might be politician yourself and know better ......

Sillier comments than normal.

What possible good comes out of Poo visiting, surrounded by bodyguards, and then issuing a few commands, like "please do your jobs". She might consider doing hers. What next, a few free sanitary masks with Thaksin's face on to show he cares, like the food parcels in the last floods?

She should be helping lead the country out of the incredible mess her family of created. But no, photo opps are much better, and she go show off her wonderful fast recovery from the torn ligament that put her in a wheel chair last week.

Offer her support - only if there's a profit in it.

I would have to agree with bareboxer for the most part.. It seems YL does a lot of photo ops when something happens yet she never does anything productive about it. She recently took her trip to the North to (assess) the drought situation. With which I am certain she did absolutely nothing while there except having the situation reiterated to her in person what they are doing...and of course presenting the image that she cares about what is happening. Mind you she also took advantage of that time in the North to rally her support of the PTP and REDS. More Photo-ops and image making yet completely pointless for any other reason.

The same she appears to be doing here with these fires....The damage was done and the fire was out except for some plumes of toxic smoke. if she truly cared and was worried she would have been in the area prior to this and aiding or at least directing in the relief of the thousands that where getting poisoned. Another poster was also correct in their assessment of YLs visit. So brave of her to take off that mask to show everyone it is safe. It doesn't matter that the mask is only used for preventing the spread of infectious diseases. Also of which i am sure, she was not in the direct line of where these plumes of toxic smoke were blowing. Hence, another photo op.

This is a norm for any leader really. Don't get your hands dirty but try to make it look like you care and want to help even though you do absolutely nothing except try to make yourself look good to others.