a few random words for translation

8l0ndey

hi there, iv been looking for english to thai dictionary translators and iv found a few which provide the English to Thai translation in broken down romanized thai, which is what im after, but most seem to convert the word into thai written language. I have found the most common thai language words such as sawadee ka, Khrab ka, khob khun ka etc but their are a few words i cant seem to find, so im hoping someone here maby be able to assist me in pronouncing the following words in thai.

They may seem like odd words, but theirs very good reason to me (example i will have to ask the front desk at the appartments for a vaccum cleaner, which i need to pack my daughters mini foam couch into a space saver bag LMAO)

list of words/phrases

*borrow

*Vacuum cleaner

*fat free / skim /no added oil

*has autism

*coconut water

*pain

*compression

*closest / nearest

Also, whats the names of the common supermarkets in bangkok, are they indenpendently owned or are they like "Coles / Woolworths" in australia?

Thank-you sooo much in advance, it would be a HUGE help.

Frankly many of the words in your list can be complicated by an English speaker to pronounce properly and chances are that you may not even be understood.

As far as I can see, all those words should be understood by a Thai if you just simply said it in English.

For example, the front desk should know what a "vacuum cleaner" is and definitely will understand the word "borrow". If they don't, it's not like they'll think you're gonna take it or something, so it'll be understood that you need to use it temporarily.

For the record, "vacuum cleaner" would be pronounced something like "kruang doot foon".

If you speak slowly and simple English, most Thai people should be able to understand by context what you are trying to say.

Common supermarkets in Bangkok are:

Topps, BigC, Tesco-Lotus

They'll be like Coles.

Foodland and Villa Market is independent and they have outlets scattered mainly around Bangkok.

Edited by Mole

Try the Jibbigo app, really is very good. You can even download an offline pack for when you have no wifi.

Out of curiosity I installed Jibbingo. It only seems to have two functions: (i) to ask you to pay for a language pack, and (ii) to crash. Precisely how someone can write that it "really is very good" I don't know.

I remain very skeptical that it can do a good job. Translators of the written language such as Google Translate to an abysmal job. Add other levels of complexity - speech recognition and speech production - the result can only be doubly or triply abysmal.

I can only speculate as to why "steve222" considers it "really is very good".

Try the Jibbigo app, really is very good. You can even download an offline pack for when you have no wifi.

Out of curiosity I installed Jibbingo. It only seems to have two functions: (i) to ask you to pay for a language pack, and (ii) to crash. Precisely how someone can write that it "really is very good" I don't know.

I remain very skeptical that it can do a good job. Translators of the written language such as Google Translate to an abysmal job. Add other levels of complexity - speech recognition and speech production - the result can only be doubly or triply abysmal.

I can only speculate as to why "steve222" considers it "really is very good".

Suite yourself :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app