Is the PS4 Support Locked to country where purchased?

kimbathewhitelion

I was planning to buy the PS4 in the US next month, but now considering if it's worth paying the extra cost & just buying it in Thailand, after all Thailand has Sony service centers. It seems today every corporation locks all warranties including any repair support even if paid to the country purchased. Anyone can confirm with Sony?

I know if I were to buy any Samsung (supported in Thailand), Apple or Microsoft (though these 2 aren't supported in Thailand), but say I bought any of in a supported country & brought them to another supported country where they failed under warranty, I know they will be refused repair even if I offered to pay. I would then have to take them to a third-party service or back to the country where purchased to be repaired under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Disregard, forgot this concern was already answered, I was (even though it was another post of mine) just wasn't listening.

Will buy the Thailand version. I currently don't have a PSN account other than the US PSP one which I will dump, but if the PS4 is Region unlocked why can't I buy my games in the US, play them on an Asian PSN Account? I will want DLCs purchased from the Asian PSN acct to play with my US purchased "disc" (or hard copy) games.

Or should I just re-post a new topic with the correct question?

Disregard, forgot this concern was already answered, I was (even though it was another post of mine) just wasn't listening.

Will buy the Thailand version. I currently don't have a PSN account other than the US PSP one which I will dump, but if the PS4 is Region unlocked why can't I buy my games in the US, play them on an Asian PSN Account? I will want DLCs purchased from the Asian PSN acct to play with my US purchased "disc" (or hard copy) games.

The ps4 is region free so games from the US will work fine. But if you want to use dlc too then it needs to be bought from a psn account the same region as the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The ps4 is region free so games from the US will work fine. But if you want to use dlc too then it needs to be bought from a psn account the same region as the game.

Can you do a US psn account with a US Address?

WITHOUT a US address. Yelling at the IOS auto-spell.

:-) I just put some random address and then I buy all of my psn credit through amazon .

Note I think the dlc needs to be played with that account too . So If I bought battlefield 4 and a expansion pack all from the US psn I would need to use that profile to use the dlc but the actual game I can use with any account.

The ps+ subscriptions will run across all your profiles on the console .

:-) I just put some random address and then I buy all of my psn credit through amazon .

Note I think the dlc needs to be played with that account too . So If I bought battlefield 4 and a expansion pack all from the US psn I would need to use that profile to use the dlc but the actual game I can use with any account.

The ps+ subscriptions will run across all your profiles on the console .

Understand, will make the trip count. Will be my 1st return to PS since PS1, can you recommend top ten games, wish list as of April 2014, i.e. a user point of view, I know I can google IGN or GameSpot or other critics.

Hummmm don't think there's 10 games currently out that I would buy . The console is still fairly new so not a lot out

But I have the following

Killzone

Battlefield 4

Call of duty

Need for speed

Ac4 black flag

Infamous second son

:-)

Haven't checked them (your picks) all out, but after looking, the PS4 is very limited in the games though it's nearly what 5 months since its initial release. Whereas XBox One even withs it's (undisclosed but no doubt in operation) Big Brother software built in, it has way many games from just browsing on the web. Not discounting anything, I'm so done with Microsoft.

On another note, are there any benefits of getting a PS Console with the Camera?

I'm pretty sure you can just unplug the kinect. Not bought the ps4 camera, but I dont think it's as advanced as the xbox camera.

The way I see it is everyone has cameras on there phones,tablets,laptops and some tvs now so what's one more device?

I'm pretty sure you can just unplug the kinect. Not bought the ps4 camera, but I dont think it's as advanced as the xbox camera.

The way I see it is everyone has cameras on there phones,tablets,laptops and some tvs now so what's one more device?

Given. But a device out of your control is no just a device. Is the camera on the PS4 like that on the Wii for gaming, or more for Advertising as suggested with the Xbox?

In all researching, despite the current amount of games & with the "region unlocked", think PS4 is the way to go.

Region locked Blu Rays will only work with the correct region of PS4 though, so an Asian PS4 is locked to Zone3 Blu Ray disks. Most Blu-Ray movies are region free these days but TV Box Sets and niche movies tend to be locked.

So, say I buy the US console (less cost) giving up warranty rights, buy many US games but have an Asian PSN account. Can I make the console Region 1 to play my US BluRays but still play my US games with an Asian region PSN account & & Asian region DLC of that account?

So, say I buy the US console (less cost) giving up warranty rights, buy many US games but have an Asian PSN account. Can I make the console Region 1 to play my US BluRays but still play my US games with an Asian region PSN account & & Asian region DLC of that account?

The machine would be hardware locked to Region 1 for region locked Blu Ray movies, you can play your US games on an Asian PSN account HOWEVER the DLC for a region 1 game will not work when bought using the Asian PSN account. Why don't you just use a US PSN account here in Asia? Why would you use an Asian PSN account anyway?

Weren't we talking about you buying a PS4 about 3 months ago?! Have you still not got one?? :)

The machine would be hardware locked to Region 1 for region locked Blu Ray movies, you can play your US games on an Asian PSN account HOWEVER the DLC for a region 1 game will not work when bought using the Asian PSN account. Why don't you just use a US PSN account here in Asia? Why would you use an Asian PSN account anyway?

Weren't we talking about you buying a PS4 about 3 months ago?! Have you still not got one?? :)

Undecided. Go back to the US in 2 weeks. But being an XBOX user since the first gen PS2, I'm very wary. Another way to say, having paid $60 a year for the last decade but having that account locked to the US & now living abroad, don't want the same BS to come around again. Also since most everything about America is locked, don't want to throw away more money for something that won't work...i.e. an Win Live account & all the thousands in money spent on Downloaded TV, Movies & Games.

Or just say f@&k it and buy both :-)

I'm on the brink of getting a xbox one for titanfall

I've never owned any Xbox or been interested in any of their I'D but Killer Instinct looks awesome and almost tempted me into buying an XBox1. I just hate the specs, membership and whole "being a set top box" philosophy behind the system. That said my 4 month old PS4 has primarily been used as a HD YouTube player for the kids!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 5 months later...

I have been an xbox 360 user but switching to PS4 this week- much better exclusive games coming up in 2014/2015 (and i speak as someone who cant stand 'japanese' style RPG games). Also im curious to play the remastered 'the last of us' game on ps. Also graphics better on PS4 plus there is support to thailand- there is no xbox support for thailand and they have said it 'too small' a market.