Dang Bakery at MeeChok Plaza

Ricardo

We sometimes pop in to the well-known original Dang Bakery near the Gymkhana Club, but I was pleased to notice recently that they now also have a retail-outlet at Meechok Plaza, on the corner nearest to the Police-Box at the traffic-lights.

Apologies if this was already reported/well-known, but it might still help someone else like me, who tend to watch the pavement rather than look at the shops ! rolleyes.gif

Yes, a welcome addition to the range of shops in Meechoke Plaza,

its a lot better than the other cake shop it replaces,not good for

the waist line as the wifes up there every other day.

regards Worgeordie

Yeah, it's a very Thai Style bakery overall. But as far as Thai Style bakeries go, their stuff is really, REALLY well done.

Just don't go expecting crusty loaves or sour dough or any kind of artisan crap. Think super soft & saweeet!

That said, they did a fruit bread around Christmas that was really good. Approaching the Oriental Bakery's stollen.. But a fraction of the price.

Here (Driving past Gymkhana and then into the soi towards the temple. (Wat Muang Gai) That's also the only way you can get out again, through that temple. wink.png )

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.774336,99.010643,3a,75y,59.07h,94.86t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sSVxyZAk85e1T9weKsT__fw!2e0

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Near me too, and I never thought to go through the temple. I'm assuming you mean the temple one sees on the left at the bend - after one has passed the gymkhana on one's right. I suspect it won't be my thing because I do prefer the crusty, sourdough crap, but still I'll look in.