What can i do?

Tayida

A friend of mine borrow me few bahts weeks ago by internet.Now i need that money back,but he wont give back,instead he is not yet paied from his company in Bangkok.How can i get my money back?

If I'm willing to lend someone 3000 Baht then I just give it to them so I don't have to think about it afterwards. If I get it back at some stage then I consider it a bonus and would in the future consider a load again but if I don't then I would never lend/ give them a penny again. I like a simple life.

• Like 1

If I'm willing to lend someone 3000 Baht then I just give it to them so I don't have to think about it afterwards. If I get it back at some stage then I consider it a bonus and would in the future consider a load again but if I don't then I would never lend/ give them a penny again. I like a simple life.

Exactly. If I ever loan small amounts like that to someone I like / trust, I just go under the assumption it's a gift, and will never see it again. Sometimes I've gotten it back, and other times I haven't, which is fine with me. Besides, it's actually somewhat nice knowing a few people who are genuinely good people owe you a favor, and will gladly help you out if / when needed.

• Like 1

Exactly. If I ever loan small amounts like that to someone I like / trust, I just go under the assumption it's a gift, and will never see it again. Sometimes I've gotten it back, and other times I haven't, which is fine with me. Besides, it's actually somewhat nice knowing a few people who are genuinely good people owe you a favor, and will gladly help you out if / when needed.

Not sure I consider it a favour owed but perhaps some of the people I have helped out do. I never ask for anything because I can generally sort things out myself but there was a time 2-3 years ago when I needed help and three people were on my doorstep in minutes and it was solved in less than half an hour. Friendship is so important in life.

• Like 1

Not sure I consider it a favour owed but perhaps some of the people I have helped out do. I never ask for anything because I can generally sort things out myself but there was a time 2-3 years ago when I needed help and three people were on my doorstep in minutes and it was solved in less than half an hour. Friendship is so important in life.

Yeah, I guess "favor" was the wrong word, but you know what I mean. My old next door neighbor is a good example. If she ever needs a couple thousand for her electric bill (happens maybe twice a year), she knows I have her back. On the flip side, if I ever get into an altercation with a Thai due to my dogs or something, she's right there to help alleviate and relieve the stress in the situation.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess "favor" was the wrong word, but you know what I mean. My old next door neighbor is a good example. If she ever needs a couple thousand for her electric bill (happens maybe twice a year), she knows I have her back. On the flip side, if I ever get into an altercation with a Thai due to my dogs or something, she's right there to help alleviate and relieve the stress in the situation.

Indeed, all give and take and is a positive of Thainess. I have an on going agreement (?) with all Thai's I know that I am in the market for jungle honey. The real stuff and not that fake syrup which is sold from time to time. I do get it because I will offer a higher price, and that in the end is the point of chaps going out to find and collect it. As a gift for someone, gold or money could be seen as being distasteful but a bottle of real jungle honey will always be warmly welcomed.