Thai man arrested for growing marijuana at home

webfact

Man arrested for growing marijuana at home
The Nation

30230301-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- olice arrested a man yesterday for allegedly growing 31 marijuana plants in his house in Phitsanulok's Wat Bot district.

The search of 44-year-old suspect Khajornsak Mangpare's house also yielded some yaba pills, a pistol and some bullets.

Khajornsak reportedly confessed to police that he had grown marijuana plants in the past few months after getting the seeds from a friend, but said he only used marijuana for cooking. He also reportedly confessed to using yaba.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-28

One of my employees was sentenced to eight years for one plant very small.actually all I seen was a wall stump of one plant. In the charging docs. He never called me for bail or anything. Very hard worker. Very loyal. I got him out.

Doubt very much he was sentenced to 8 years for 1 plant, I would take another look at the docs.

His bust, this petty activity, is front page news in Thailand. However, the arrest for outstanding warrants for hit and run cop killing as well as collusion to cover up , goes unattended by police or the Thai press.

Actually it's not front page news, that's just you and you imagination again. Do you have inside information on the hit and run case that no-one else is privy to, the police provide you with regular updates? Or you just like to slag them off? Don't answer that, it was rhetorical.

Legalize it and tax it , kinda harmless compared with alcohol and the rest of the drugs .

Since what's happening lately in the country Thais need to chill down seems to me .

Maybe they will put a flower in the barrel of there guns instead of shooting all the time .

• Like 2

The worldwide attitude to cannabis is lowly changing thanks to America's new approach, but it will take years before anything happens in Thailand

httpwww.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/feb/09/liberals-tea-party-republicans-unison-drug-law-reform-america

• Like 1