tesco price stickers are fiction

stevehaigh

it happened again this morning, went to tesco rawai to get some OJ for breakfast and the price listed on the shelf was 59 baht, a promotion price, not too bad so got 3 boxes. as usual, when the checkout girl scanned them, 62 baht. this happens almost every time i buy something there, and i usually let it go as its only a couple of baht but today i though i'd complain. so 10 mins later, i get charged the right price, no apology just lots of wasted time. i need to switch to Makro.

Edited by stevehaigh
  • Like 1

It happen but for few baht i will not take my time just in front of cashier not after paying will be time consuming as refund, I remember bought table from one of the big X shopping the price 950.00 but sale 750.00 when checking back the resit it's old price after making complaint the reason given data was not updated as the discount was huge 200.00 .

very careful as daily price change only the main server need to updated the cashiers still charging the old price, so take you time to check price as corner where the machine provided to ensure it's promotion price.

Not worth the hassle and waste of time for 9 baht or 30 cents

You have lived here long enough to know how things work, except it

got an answer for this one ned,here in korat we shop at Tesco every week,6weeks ago the wife wanted a camera which was on offer [no have out of stock],4weeks ago a tablet on offer[no have out of stock,today in this mornings paper they are advertising 4 brands of air cons,9am the wife calls to reserve,samsung 18btu.no have,hitachi no have,panasonic no have,but we have lg.no want.this is the first day these have been advertised so come on Tesco not everybody are stupid stop conning people with these no have stock offers.

• Like 1

got an answer for this one ned,here in korat we shop at Tesco every week,6weeks ago the wife wanted a camera which was on offer [no have out of stock],4weeks ago a tablet on offer[no have out of stock,today in this mornings paper they are advertising 4 brands of air cons,9am the wife calls to reserve,samsung 18btu.no have,hitachi no have,panasonic no have,but we have lg.no want.this is the first day these have been advertised so come on Tesco not everybody are stupid stop conning people with these no have stock offers.

No problem meat, but what is not having stock to do with wrong prices at checkout

No problem meat, but what is not having stock to do with wrong prices at checkout

thanks ned for your reply I was just stating that Tesco are not plying fair,as for prices at checkouts well we come up against it regular we do get satisfaction but its the look the staff give my wife expecially when I am with her,as Tesco say EVERY LITTLE HELPS.them that is.

Edited by meatboy

I'm there with stevehaigh. We expect double charging at market and small shops but an international chain like Tesco should be more on the ball. Point of principle.

On a personal note I despise Tesco as an organisation having seen what that have done in the UK since I was a child. I avoid shopping there if possible.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

so, i just went to villa get my usual sliced turkey for lunch, price on shelf 185 baht (been that price for months), price at register, 199 baht. girl at register didn't give a f so talked to manager, he begrudgingly agreed to 185 baht, very nice of him!

how are they going to get me for dinner i wonder?

I'm there with stevehaigh. We expect double charging at market and small shops but an international chain like Tesco should be more on the ball. Point of principle.

On a personal note I despise Tesco as an organisation having seen what that have done in the UK since I was a child. I avoid shopping there if possible.

Sent from my very clever thingy that uses battery far too quickly

They do not keep thier prices up to date on the computers, happens at all the different supermarkets here

not only tesco, if not happy with the price just leave the goods at the checkout, we do, but not over a few baht

if its a item we want

so, i just went to villa get my usual sliced turkey for lunch, price on shelf 185 baht (been that price for months), price at register, 199 baht. girl at register didn't give a f so talked to manager, he begrudgingly agreed to 185 baht, very nice of him!

how are they going to get me for dinner i wonder?

you try walking out of these store's with 10bhts worth of their property and see what happens,

so they are stealing from you its no different.

Agree with you Meatboy.This switch & bait is just another deliberate con and Tesco is the very worse. Nearly every item as in whitegoods is unavailable . I always tell them i will take the display model just to to see their smirk drain off their face but it is always "cannot" . I now do not bother with Tesco for anything not that matters to them..

Agree with you Meatboy.This switch & bait is just another deliberate con and Tesco is the very worse. Nearly every item as in whitegoods is unavailable . I always tell them i will take the display model just to to see their smirk drain off their face but it is always "cannot" . I now do not bother with Tesco for anything not that matters to them..

Never had a problem with stock and delivery of whitegoods, delivery is usually on the following day after purchase with tesco same as most places

i am always polite with staff

Could be your attitude

Sometimes Tesco's price stickers work in your favour though. Last week at my local Tesco I scored nine bags of Columbian coffee at 56 baht per bag, the price sticker in the clearance section mentioned 94 baht but after price checking it I grabbed all I could. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes Tesco's price stickers work in your favour though. Last week at my local Tesco I scored nine bags of Columbian coffee at 56 baht per bag, the price sticker in the clearance section mentioned 94 baht but after price checking it I grabbed all I could. thumbsup.gif

i just went to makro for some bon cafe, 110 baht price sticker, 100 baht at the checkout.

• Like 1

sounds like that wife of yours is quite the little consumer.

Good for you for noticing Steve !

I guess they love me as I'm the oblivious shopper, best I do is count the items on the receipt.........sometimes.......

Which is quite often the best way.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but if this all in all gives you less stress, good on you.

Or maybe the 9 and 4 where placed in the wrong order by staff. Should have been 49 Baht blink.png

Never had a problem with stock and delivery of whitegoods, delivery is usually on the following day after purchase with tesco same as most places

i am always polite with staff

Could be your attitude

Is the "Could be your attitude" a question with out a question mark or a statement ? I, too, am polite to people that deserve it and I don't have the same problem in Big C, or any other place but according to you it is my attitude , but only in Tesco.

Maybe you are one the gifted ones who never encounter the sales people on commission - or maybe you don't mind being treated as a sucker by a kid in an ill fitting shirt telling you bullsh_t .