Jomtien / Pattaya Mechanic for Lifan Cross 200

ryanwiley

Hey everyone,

I am new to Jomtien and am looking for a good mechanic to do some work on my Lifan Cross 200.

It's a very simple, cheap bike to work on, so I don't need a super fancy shop....just looking for someone honest and reliable.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ryan

Go down South Pattaya Road turn left at traffic lights next to Tony's Gym keep going until 50m before the next set of traffic lights. Bike shop on your left on the corner of a small soi. Garden stuff on the other corner. Ask for Daeng. Buys and sells bikes too. Excellent for general maintenance.

Please report back if they're any good. I need a mechanic to do some small work on my Yamaha bike before I put it for sale. Due to the lack of mechanics in my area, I was considering to do it all myself.

Shurup,

I have dropped the bike off at a very small shop right on the corner of Thepesit (sp?) and 3rd road. Coming from Pattaya, it's on the right side just before you get to the overpass.

I visited 5 shops yesterday. I chose this one because the guy seemed the most genuine. He also had a newish Vespa up on his rack with the transmission pulled apart. These things seem quite complicated, so if he's digging into that he can certainly do some work on my Lifan cross 200, the simplest bike around.

I'm pretty sure that I've broken the crank shaft in the Lifan, which means the engine will probably have to be rebuilt. I told him that the bike is cheap as chips and that I really don't want to spend much repairing it. He laughed and said that he actually just put a Lifan engine in one of those 3-wheeled carts. He bought the whole Lifan drivetrain for 13,000 baht.

Anyway, he is going to pull the engine apart and then call me to come have a look at it. At that point, he says he can give me the price for repairing it.

When it's all done, I'll let you know how it went.

Cheers,

Ryan

• Like 1