Teacher agency

Ajex21

Yes they will and you'll find a myriad of excuses concerning the providing of a work permit a 9 or 10 month contract along with a total lack of interest in you.There is the starter for you concerning such a non degree situation.

However if you do hold a degree there are a number of decent agencies out there, albeit few and far between, however they value their staff and look after their staff, health care programmes, paid holidays, full 12 month contracts and often end of contract bonus,

• Like 2

Yes they will and you'll find a myriad of excuses concerning the providing of a work permit a 9 or 10 month contract along with a total lack of interest in you.There is the starter for you concerning such a non degree situation.

However if you do hold a degree there are a number of decent agencies out there, albeit few and far between, however they value their staff and look after their staff, health care programmes, paid holidays, full 12 month contracts and often end of contract bonus,

Honestly speaking, there's nothing to add.-thumbsup.gif

No work permit. send to a new school short before second term. Need a degree in education, man> Can't pay for you

There's a way to let you "teach", but you're actually hired as a "Teacher's Assistant, or "Trainer." . That's even possible when you work directly for the school.

Nothing is impossible here. -thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

OP some agencies willing to accept applicants even without a degree "if you're an English native speaker" but the problem is you can't get a working permit. If you're serious in teaching I think much bettet to study every weekend so you could have a better opportunity next time. Yes, you can teach and at the same time you can study online and meet the Professor every weekend. Just in case you have no sufficient money for the tuition fee you can pay them installment just be nice and be honest to them. Suggestion only. Good Luck.

• Like 2

Exactly.

And also some employers give one year insurance to their foreign teachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Shancloudy

Exactly.

Oh you mean the covering 10 K when having an accident one?

Exactly.

Oh you mean the covering 10 K when having an accident one?

Just like this. post-186632-13960785269591_thumb.jpg

"Could the teacher agencies find you a job if you haven't got a degree?" no they cannot, but they'll promise you they can.

Yes some teacher agencies willing to accept an applicant even without a degree if the applicant is "English native speaker".

Edited by Shancloudy

What about older (less than 50) experienced professionals & with degrees in their field that isn't English. Is there anything in the area of extended education, upper primary, trade or university grade available. Say marketing advertising?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

... so how do I complete a Masters - only at week ends?

Anybody know possibilities?

OP some agencies willing to accept applicants even without a degree "if you're an English native speaker" but the problem is you can't get a working permit. If you're serious in teaching I think much bettet to study every weekend so you could have a better opportunity next time. Yes, you can teach and at the same time you can study online and meet the Professor every weekend. Just in case you have no sufficient money for the tuition fee you can pay them installment just be nice and be honest to them. Suggestion only. Good Luck.

... so how do I complete a Masters - only at week ends?

Anybody know possibilities?

You'll have to find a local university, the "Rajabhat" who run those courses. If you have the good luck to find one who do a Master's in education, it''s dirt cheap.Only 7-8 K a term.

If you have a BA degree there are ways to "upgrade" your degree doing an amount of units.That's what I'm looking for now, to get a teacher's license.

Rajabhat Ubon Ratchathani start a Master's in English this year. Deadline to sign in is on the 1st of April, (no fools Day joke)

If anyone is interested, please page me, I'll get you in touch with the supervisor.

Then depending on your level of English, you can skip many classes. Sometimes you only have to come in and write a test.

I wanted to sign up for Master's in English, but it's not accredited by the Khuruspa, it has to be in education.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

I'm not sure I will ask my friend tomorrow.

For Filipinos, there is a school in the Philippines that offered Education courses online but required to go to the office every weekend will start next month until June ( for the third term ) the office is located beside Bayoke Tower. 27k only and can pay installment.

Edited by Shancloudy

For Filipinos, there is a school in the Philippines that offered Education courses online but required to go to the office every weekend will start next month until June ( for the third term ) the office is located beside Bayoke Tower. 27k only and can pay installment.

Is there still an online program from the Philippines available that's accredited by the TCT in Bangkok? A friend of mine mentioned one institution, but I don't really remember it.

So you're going for a BA in education, or a Master's? How long does it take and do you really have to go to the office when you live let's say in the northeast, 600 km away?

Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

Is there still an online program from the Philippines available that's accredited by the TCT in Bangkok? A friend of mine mentioned one institution, but I don't really remember it.

So you're going for a BA in education, or a Master's? How long does it take and do you really have to go to the office when you live let's say in the northeast, 600 km away?

Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.

I sent you a private message.

• Like 1

There appearr to be many schools and general posts by sgencies on tje boards for teachets with non Education diploma (BA). You might be good for two waivers and four years still some state - or it could all end in tears tomorrow when tje school applies for the waiver.

I would not be paying for TEFL courses at this point, no matter how much it may help you - or not.

Im sure there are decent agencies, I think Scott might work for an agency. But most are pretty evil on a number of levels. You will get screwed, the kids will get 4 teachers in ten months. Admin, Director dont care, they are the problem $$$

If you are working illegally and they steal your minthly salary, what you gonna do? Nuttin'

Edited by fifthcolumn
  • Like 1

Sorry but I am going to sound a tad pissed off. I am assuming you have no formal qualifications in education but want to teach here? Please correct me if I am wrong. It is this attitude that 'I can teach because I've had a bit of education (as a student)' that degrades the profession and teachers are offered a pittance like 25000 B a month. If you want to teach and make a difference then go to uni, put in the hard yards, get some experience THEN come back. I wouldn't let just anybody walk off the street and start rewiring my house so why would I want someone with no skills and qualifications teaching my child? Think about it. Teaching is a wonderful rewarding experience, not just something to allow you a bit of an income whilst you relax on Samed at weekends, which unfortunately I have seen a lot of here.

Just my two cents worth.

• Like 1

I also worry about teachers with no degree, experience or aptitude - but schools know what they want and can afford. No decent school is going to hire these 50yo mongers snd hobos. They will end up in Issan, if at all in very remote schools and after a few years if they last, they might move into some larger northern cities.

For some schools, willingnesd to live in the area is more importsnt than experience and diploma (proven aptitude).

For 10k a month - what the hell.

The real crime is the thieves robbing the educational system and the sad education the kids get because of it. Look at Malaysia, look at Thailand.

Edited by fifthcolumn