Can I by-pass the smoke detector wiring to complete the Condo Fire-Security Circuit ?

easybullet3

I removed the Smoke detector in my room last year, and the Condo Manager said he can see that one of my Smoke detectors has failed (from the computer system in his office) !!!

he says that ALL ROOMS HAVE SMOKE DETECTORS.

I dont want them it in my room (coz the red is constantly blinking).

I dont mind the other detectors in my kitchen and TV area.

can I ask an outside electrician to connect the wires to complete the circuit?

will this fool the manager into thinking I have installed a Smoke Detector (because the circuit is completed and his computer wont show any errors) ?

or,, do smoke detector circuits have a different kind of design that wont allow for my plan to work?

Please dont spend time to advise me that its its safe for me to have a detector in my room.

i have in the kitchen and TV room and spare room.

there are circuit breakers on all plugs and also the fuse box. I dont smoke or have things that will cause a fire in my room.

I really just want to know about my question...

also: smoke detectors contain Americium Alpha and Gamma Radioactive compound... so I dont really like the idea of having this in my room while I am sleeping every night.

It would be unwise to interfere with the wiring of the detectors, you could stop all your detectors working (or worse the whole system). It's likely an 'addressable' system anyway so simply altering the wiring won't solve anything.

If you're worried about the red light, cover it with some black tape. If you're worried about the tiny amount of radioactive material, worry less, you are far more likely to die in a fire than from the Gamma (Alpha won't make it past the plastic case) radiation emitted from this minuscule source (it may not even be an ionisation type detector).

EDIT. If the condo management aren't actually complaining and insisting on 'fixing' it just leave alone and put it back up when you move.

• Like 1

can I ask an outside electrician to connect the wires to complete the circuit?

will this fool the manager into thinking I have installed a Smoke Detector (because the circuit is completed and his computer wont show any errors) ?

or,, do smoke detector circuits have a different kind of design that wont allow for my plan to work?

No you can't the system work by measuring the resistance of the loop so it may detect short wire.