Bangkok MacBook Repair with Onsite Parts

gavin310

I'm looking for a respectable MacBook repair shop in Bangkok. Are there any that have parts like logic boards, dvd drives, etc. in stock already and don't have to send your computer to Singapore for repairs? After living on an island for 9 months, first my power adapter got fried from the bad electrical and then since my MacBook had no protection from the adapter, the MacBook got fried next. So I'm pretty sure the logic board and maybe other components need to be replaced. Thanks.

There is a very good Mac repair shop that seems to carry lots of parts in Phantip with at least one very helpful young technician. I can't remember the name right now but it is in the front part of the building on floor 3 or 4. I'm going to Phantip in a day or two and I will look up the name and post it here.

• Like 1

There is a very good Mac repair shop that seems to carry lots of parts in Phantip with at least one very helpful young technician. I can't remember the name right now but it is in the front part of the building on floor 3 or 4. I'm going to Phantip in a day or two and I will look up the name and post it here.

Thanks!

Hi,

The name of the shop is Help Service. It is located on the 3rd floor of Phantip Plaza in Room 363. The technician's name is Woodtichai Uooncamme, E-mail [email protected]. Telephone number 085-100-0811.

I told him about your situation today and asked him if he had the parts on hand to replace your motherboard and possibly more. He said that he does and estimated a cost of around 8,000 BHT.

Good luck with getting your computer fixed.

Hi,

The name of the shop is Help Service. It is located on the 3rd floor of Phantip Plaza in Room 363. The technician's name is Woodtichai Uooncamme, E-mail [email protected]. Telephone number 085-100-0811.

I told him about your situation today and asked him if he had the parts on hand to replace your motherboard and possibly more. He said that he does and estimated a cost of around 8,000 BHT.

Awesome, thanks for that info. I'll get in touch with him soon.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to follow up for the OP...

I'm not in need of any service yet, but I have also noted the shop in case the need arises..

I wish Thaivisa had a specific thread for helpful posts, instead of the usual crap!

Thanks again

Sorry, most likely a stupid question but did you already try removing the power supply & then just booting it up with the power cable, assuming you bought a new one after the first was fried?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Do you mean removing the battery and booting it up with just the power cable? I'm a bit nervous to open this thing up...

Sorry, most likely a stupid question but did you already try removing the power supply & then just booting it up with the power cable, assuming you bought a new one after the first was fried?

Do you mean removing the battery and booting it up with just the power cable? I'm a bit nervous to open this thing up...

Yes, just in line of trouble-shooting the power supply. Fair enough though, if you the least bit hesitant them use an authorized shop.

Anyway also without knowing the exact model couldn't say the approach, regardless in such a case you still require the instruction PDF/manual for removing the battery, would never suggest it blind. I have done that so many times only to get to a special type of tiny screw which required the matching tool of which I didn't have. The newer the model the harder Apple made the user friendly access parts more difficult to get to - power supply, hard drive, optical drive & RAM.

Just make sure they're authorized, if it was possible to remove the hard drive thus protecting your data, would suggest a less expensive outlet, but seems that's not an option either unless you've already Secured your "User" into an encrypted Sparse file. If you can wait & keep a keen eye on the computer, all the better, otherwise check with iStudio & ask them the most trustworthy authorized repair shop.

Sorry. An update to the name of the shop. I went by the shop two days ago and noticed that its name is actually IT House. All of the other information is correct - it's just that the technician didn't have the correct name of the shop on his card.

Also, I'm not a Mac user but don't MacBooks have the power supply built into the power cable? All of my laptops and notebooks have the AC to DC converter in the cable. You plug one end into the wall AC outlet and the other into the power brick which converts AC to DC and then the tip of the cable from the power brick into the appropriate female port on your laptop/notebook. Does Mac have something different?

I wouldn't worry overmuch about the repair shop in Phantip stealing your data. It appears to be a very professional operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry. An update to the name of the shop. I went by the shop two days ago and noticed that its name is actually IT House. All of the other information is correct - it's just that the technician didn't have the correct name of the shop on his card.

Also, I'm not a Mac user but don't MacBooks have the power supply built into the power cable? All of my laptops and notebooks have the AC to DC converter in the cable. You plug one end into the wall AC outlet and the other into the power brick which converts AC to DC and then the tip of the cable from the power brick into the appropriate female port on your laptop/notebook. Does Mac have something different?

I wouldn't worry overmuch about the repair shop in Phantip stealing your data. It appears to be a very professional operation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Every no worries about the data & the obvious inability to check about the easy tech of what you bought, then just take it to your preferred spot.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Based on this thread, I just used Khun Woody to replace a fried motherboard and he was great. I intentionally avoided the authorized Apple repair place because I was in a desperate hurry (work deadline) and in my experience, authorized place =reliable but slow.

Khun Woody worked well into the night from home to get me up and running again in record time and he seems to really know his stuff. So thanks for the tip and I would encourage anyone else to use him. Store name is actually IT House. #363, 3rd floor not far from the elevator.

• 6 months later...

I would like to report on my experiences with Woodtichai Uooncamme of "Help Service" or IT HOUSE.

It was absolutely WONDERFUL. Khun Woody is a consumate professional and customer service is his specialty. He is a very polite gentleman who knows Apple computers inside and out.

He replaced my friend's Apple Macbook Pro keyboard and did a thorough cleaning and repair. The cost was THB 3500. The entire process from start to finish too about 2 hours. VERY fast IMO.

I highly recommend those experiencing Apple computer issues to see this gentleman.

IT HOUSE is store number 363 and is located on the 3rd floor of Pantip Plaza.

Khun Woody can be reached by telephone at 085-100-0811 or 087-246-6660. His email address is [email protected] if you need it.

That's an interesting coincidence. I just did a keyboard and battery replacement on my MacBook air. Labour charge for both was 1000 baht. Cost for the replacement keyboard was about 1000 baht. Battery cost was about 2000 baht.

I know I posted this earlier, but I highly recommend this shop (Mac Home Service) and have been using them for years. It's a small, family run business that does nothing but Macs:

http://www.machomeservice.com/map.php

They are located in Suthisan, not too far from the Saphan Kwai BTS, but you would still probably want to take a taxi there.

• 5 years later...

July 2020 update - Woodtichai Uooncamme is still at IT House 604/3 Pantip Plaza Building. [email protected] - His Engish is very good. If you are going there by taxi clearly state to driver 'Pantip Plaza (1), Patunam' because they will take unsuspecting visitors to Pantip Plaza 2, a long way out at Nontaburi. I think they do it to avoid the Petchaburi Road, trafic jams. If you think driver is deviating from route, stop-pay-get out-get another taxi. Pantip Plaza, is now only a shadow of its former self, they have cleaned up most of thoes good computer junk shops. Trying to get a bit upmarket.

• Like 1