Yingluck calls on NACC to treat her like other politicians

webfact

It isn't that people can't comprehend what you write, it's just that a great many people are bored of the broken records of spin, propaganda and lies that comes constantly from red sheeple such as yourself. 'Coup, fascists, can never win an election' etc.. Time to change the record.

Each side has been making the same points and arguments for months on end. Your post accuses only one side or poster of making the same arguments and is therefore short sighted and compartmentalized, and it obliviously ignores the repetitive nature of most threads and posts over the past several months. You therefore presume wrongly that you can single out one poster or side as repetitive. Most posters are pretty weary of hearing the same nonsense from the posters on the other side, which ever side one happens to be on.

Just as you can't politicize corruption when everyone in the system is corrupt, neither can you criticize redundancy of argument when each side and so many posters at TVF are engaged in it. One name of what you have fallen into is intellectual myopia. There are other names for it too.

intellectual myopia ? Speak for yourself, I have no such problem. Only problem I have is an allergy to lies and bs ( if you would call that a problem ) and a case of righteous indignation every time I read those lies and bs from people such as yourself. ...And not singling you out specifically hence my mentioning the red sheeple in general as I did.

Rather than your making a free standing post, you instead posted directly to my post,

You seem to need that I reiterate that everyone who's been around here the past several months has been hearing the same arguments from the same sides in thread after thread, post after post. Yet you did in fact single me out over all other posters, to include the consciously provocative poster, no longer allowed to be active here, YourNemisis .

My particularly strident post was in response to his using the word "stupid" in responding to one of my posts and to his having left a trail of dung posts here today, a record which resulted in his being prohibited further posting here. If you want to make yourself susceptible to the possibility you could be associated with the failure to address that dubious poster, preferring to speak directly to me in my response to his provocations, then so be it.

I should think, however, you would see some value to the points I now emphasize to you.

Edited by Publicus

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this quality of defence, e.g. "why am I allowed to jump the queue of other corrupt politicians" and "I don't like the evidence the NACC has compiled", she will definitely be indicted. One can imagine what kind of drivel her lawyers will submit in her defence. Perhaps they are the same team that writes her Facebook page and advises her to wear a ban bomb symbol (despite her hired bombers) and pretend to need a wheel chair.

Nevertheless she can hire Dr Chalerm to lead her defence in the Senate and later in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders.

The Powers That Be know well what to expect from Chalerm, so perhaps he might make a good defense attorney for the PM, should she need one.

P3193059.jpg

"Mind your ears!"

by Arun, Krungtepturakit, March 19, 2009

Next to the plunger, it says: "Censure debate."

Chalerm, who was leading the censure motion, says:" I’m going to push the button. Mind your ears."

The five faces represent the 2009 Democrat-led government’s ministers facing censure debate: Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya, Finance Minister Mr. Korn Jatikavanij, Deputy Finance Minister Pradit Phataraprasit, Interior Minister Chavarat Charnvirakul and his deputy Boonjong Wongtrairat.

http://2bangkok.com/who-is-chalerm-yoobamrung.html

what an absolute moron this woman is, she keeps doing the wrong thing and expects everyone to just let her get away with it, then she says she hasnt decided if she will attend the meeting herself, obviously she knows she is too stupid to be able to answer questions herself and needs others to do it for her. This is what happens when an uneducated moron with no experience is placed in the pm's job, she gets exactly what she deserves. Maybe now she is starting to realize this isnt just like going shopping for fun and that there are consequences for what you do or dont do.

And how many multi billionaire's do you know who would not do the same. She is so stupid she ran one of Thailand largest business empires. I wish I was as stupid as her.

You really need to stop getting ALL your information from the Red press. Ms Yingluck was an executive at Shin Corp. and not CEO, so she didn't 'run' anything. Her position was eliminated by the new owner (Temasek) in Singapore after the sale. It was a make-work position for baby sister to have some income and something to say she did. I think you can stop wishing now, as you may already be as stupid as her.

p.s. Yingluck is not even a Baht billionaire according to her financial disclosure when she became PM.

From Bloomberg Businessweek, her work background

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra served as Executive President, Acting Chief Executive Officer and Secretary of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited until June 30, 2011. Ms. Shinawatra served as Acting President of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since December 1, 2006 and its Acting Senior Vice President of Business Development. Ms. Shinawatra served as President of Wireless Communication of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. since 2002. Ms. Shinawatra served as Senior Executive Vice President, Wireless Corporate Planning of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. from 2001 to 2002. She served as President of Advanced Info Service Public Co. Ltd. from 2002 to March 1, 2006. She served as Manager at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1991 to 1994 and as General Manager from 1995 to 1996. She served as Vice President at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1997 to 1998 and as Executive Vice President, Service Operation at Advanced Info Service PLC from 1999 to 2001. She has been the Chairman of the Board of OAI Asset Co., Ltd., Up Country Land Co., Ltd. and V.Land Property Co., Ltd. since March 1, 2006. She serves as an Executive Director of Manchester City F.C. She has been Secretary/Director of Thaicom Foundation since 2006. She served as a Director of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since March 1, 2006. She completed a Master's Degree in Business administration from Kentucky State University, USA. She also completed Director Accreditation Program (DAP) Class in 2006, Finance for Non-Finance Director (FND) Class in 2006 and Director Certification Program (DCP) Class in 2006 at Thai Institute of Directors. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=3733926&ticker=SC:TB

what an absolute moron this woman is, she keeps doing the wrong thing and expects everyone to just let her get away with it, then she says she hasnt decided if she will attend the meeting herself, obviously she knows she is too stupid to be able to answer questions herself and needs others to do it for her. This is what happens when an uneducated moron with no experience is placed in the pm's job, she gets exactly what she deserves. Maybe now she is starting to realize this isnt just like going shopping for fun and that there are consequences for what you do or dont do.

And how many multi billionaire's do you know who would not do the same. She is so stupid she ran one of Thailand largest business empires. I wish I was as stupid as her.

You really need to stop getting ALL your information from the Red press. Ms Yingluck was an executive at Shin Corp. and not CEO, so she didn't 'run' anything. Her position was eliminated by the new owner (Temasek) in Singapore after the sale. It was a make-work position for baby sister to have some income and something to say she did. I think you can stop wishing now, as you may already be as stupid as her.

p.s. Yingluck is not even a Baht billionaire according to her financial disclosure when she became PM.

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra served as Executive President, Acting Chief Executive Officer and Secretary of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited until June 30, 2011. Ms. Shinawatra served as Acting President of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since December 1, 2006 and its Acting Senior Vice President of Business Development. Ms. Shinawatra served as President of Wireless Communication of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. since 2002. Ms. Shinawatra served as Senior Executive Vice President, Wireless Corporate Planning of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. from 2001 to 2002. She served as President of Advanced Info Service Public Co. Ltd. from 2002 to March 1, 2006. She served as Manager at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1991 to 1994 and as General Manager from 1995 to 1996. She served as Vice President at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1997 to 1998 and as Executive Vice President, Service Operation at Advanced Info Service PLC from 1999 to 2001. She has been the Chairman of the Board of OAI Asset Co., Ltd., Up Country Land Co., Ltd. and V.Land Property Co., Ltd. since March 1, 2006. She serves as an Executive Director of Manchester City F.C. She has been Secretary/Director of Thaicom Foundation since 2006. She served as a Director of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since March 1, 2006. She completed a Master's Degree in Business administration from Kentucky State University, USA. She also completed Director Accreditation Program (DAP) Class in 2006, Finance for Non-Finance Director (FND) Class in 2006 and Director Certification Program (DCP) Class in 2006 at Thai Institute of Directors. http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=3733926&ticker=SC:TB

Work?

Sent from my phone...

No idea what the status is, but with the DSI having convinced the OAG to charge the duo as private persons, it would seem that a charge of abusing their power in office has been ruled out.

No, it doesn't. If you read the link you would have understood that the NACC are supposed to be "pushing" the charges of abuse of power despite or alongside of the DSI charges. Of course that miscomprehension could have been deliberate because you did not want to acknowledge that the NACC are actually "pushing" Yinglucks abuse of power whilst nothing is being done wrt the suthep/abhisit case which was announced would be investigated 3 months earlier. No fast track for them.

That is why Yingluck would like to be treated like other politicians being investigated by the NACC. Just blatant.

Oh boy, insistent aren't you.

The NACC had been sidestepped by the DSI/AOG and you complain about unfair treatment of Yingluck?

BTW

2013-10-29

"The former premier said he and Mr Suthep acted and made their commands in the 2010 protest in their capacities as state authorities and they should, instead, be investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

The Attorney General said yesterday that it was empowered to indict Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep without having to go through the NACC’s investigative procedure.

The Democrat leader expressed suspicion on the Attorney General’s indictment without including the case of the armed men in black who were allegedly involved in the case.

He said the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) was not empowered to file lawsuits against them since they performed their duties as state officials."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678007-abhisit-suthep-set-to-sue-public-prosecutor/

2014-03-24

"The Criminal Court on Monday asked the National Anti-Corruption Commission to submit its opinion in its probes against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva related to 2010 crackdowns on red shirts."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713349-court-seeks-opinion-of-nacc-in-red-shirt-crackdown-cases-against-abhisit/

The important word is concurrent, not sidestepped. Both investigations are going however the point which you are vainly trying to obscure is the fact that the NACC are dragging their heels on abhisit/suthep case but speeding up Yinglucks. Also if you read the PM's words on why she feels that the NACC are acting how shall we say, in a biased manner, she gives the example of a similar investigation into a rice scheme run by abhisit from way back, but funningly enough that too, seems to be bogged down.

It's obvious.

Edited by fab4

You mean she has that lot of impressive corporate experiences and business background compare to Ahbisit whose only working experience is a short stint as lecturer in the military school.

"DirtFarmer"I'd venture to say that if any of us was given 3 days to peruse,, and prepare to address 289 additional pages we'd be a bit miffed too I know I would... 289 pages of legalese to respond to.. but thats the plan... by the non independent agencies withhold the paper till the last minute then refuse the opportunity for redress... gimme a break... independent...? Laughable given the pedestrian way they have prosecuted things in the past... I'lll bet they are all chuckling in their noodle bowls... pathetic really

---------------------------

Ok the adults are talking now !!!! Go out side and play

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ummm yingluck, they already gave you a 30 day extension...its expired now and youre still asking for more.

just like a spoiled brat, that ask so easily to be given things on demand.

go ahead and cry when you dont get your way.

Suthep has been charged with many counts of murder and other charges of an equally serious nature, however he tells the police and whoever else wants to know that he's too busy organizing and leading protests to bring about the downfall of the democratically elected government, and the institutions say thats ok, whenever ur ready Mr Suthep. How many days have the leaders of the airport closure incidents in 2008 been given???
You're off topic.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ummm yingluck, they already gave you a 30 day extension...its expired now and youre still asking for more.

Suthep has been charged with many counts of murder and other charges of an equally serious nature, however he tells the police and whoever else wants to know that he's too busy organizing and leading protests to bring about the downfall of the democratically elected government, and the institutions say thats ok, whenever ur ready Mr Suthep. How many days have the leaders of the airport closure incidents in 2008 been given???
You're off topic.

He's on the mark, you are not.

You're off topic.

He's on the mark, you are not.

I don't agree. This thread is about Yingluck not Suthep.

• Like 1

Suthep is relevant because it's about Yingluck. Same for Chalerm. Same for the others mentioned in the thread.

The poster doesn't have to mention Yingluck by name because the contrasting statement in his post obviously relates directly to the treatment of Yingluck at the hands of the NACC.

You're missing a good discussion from up there.

"what an absolute moron this woman is...etc., etc."

Wow, PAD-Dem-speak to the extreme.

I love it when they come up with this stuff, but shake in their flip-flops facing her in an election.

it is also good that those spewing this vitriol sympathise with an electoral minority that is afraid of Parliament. In Parliament they are seated according to their electoral strength, and they become as irrelevant as this quote.

Warms the cockles of my heart.

Moron: A person of borderline intelligence in the former classification of mental retardation, having of an intelligence quotient of 50-69.

Puppet: Any small model of a person or animal able to be moved by strings or rods, or in the form of a glove

I would suggest the latter (metaphotrically speaking) rather than the former is the most likely best fit description. The PM might well be the first, but she is certainly the second and as such, this makes her indistinguishable from the first.

:)

The quality of PT's legal teams seems to be piss poor. They have many people claiming to be "legal experts" who regularly make pronouncements to the media interpreting the law on Constitution in a self-serving manner that often makes no legal sense. Then they claim it is not fair when the judgements go against them. The B2.2trn Borrowing Bill and the voiding of the 2 Feb elections are cases in point. There is no way the court could have ruled otherwise in either of those cases.

The mentality is the same as the first Thaksin government when they could fix and intimidate their way out of legal corners and get just about anything passed. Sorry, the times have changed and the momentum is now against you. So you need cogent legal arguments to win cases now.

In this case, the main argument they are putting forward is that they would like the NACC to postpone the case indefinitely, whereas an impeachment case against a sitting PM is obviously a priority. They disadvantaged Yingluck and made her disrespect the NACC by telling her not to bother show up to the first hearing to obtain the evidence against her but the NACC was generous enough to give her the evidence anyway and extend the time for her to respond by 15 days.

Now she will have to face the consequences of her actions (or lack of them) and the incompetence of her "legal experts".

Impeachment is the removal from office by a legal process on the basis of impropriety or activity inconsistent with holding that office. Since parliament was dissolved quite some time ago, it would seem rather pointless trying to prove a case against someone with the goal to impeach them, when they no longer hold the office from which you are trying to impeach them.

Figglymiggly, yet another newbie to jump on the PTP bandwagon. There must be a factory somewhere pumping you guys out at an alarming rate.

Go back and read the op, then read your anal comment, and tell me what they have in common. I will save you the time - nothing !

Just more off-topic dribble.

• Like 1

The quality of PT's legal teams seems to be piss poor. They have many people claiming to be "legal experts" who regularly make pronouncements to the media interpreting the law on Constitution in a self-serving manner that often makes no legal sense. Then they claim it is not fair when the judgements go against them. The B2.2trn Borrowing Bill and the voiding of the 2 Feb elections are cases in point. There is no way the court could have ruled otherwise in either of those cases.

The mentality is the same as the first Thaksin government when they could fix and intimidate their way out of legal corners and get just about anything passed. Sorry, the times have changed and the momentum is now against you. So you need cogent legal arguments to win cases now.

In this case, the main argument they are putting forward is that they would like the NACC to postpone the case indefinitely, whereas an impeachment case against a sitting PM is obviously a priority. They disadvantaged Yingluck and made her disrespect the NACC by telling her not to bother show up to the first hearing to obtain the evidence against her but the NACC was generous enough to give her the evidence anyway and extend the time for her to respond by 15 days.

Now she will have to face the consequences of her actions (or lack of them) and the incompetence of her "legal experts".

Impeachment is the removal from office by a legal process on the basis of impropriety or activity inconsistent with holding that office. Since parliament was dissolved quite some time ago, it would seem rather pointless trying to prove a case against someone with the goal to impeach them, when they no longer hold the office from which you are trying to impeach them.

Just curious but under what Thai law you think gives YL protection/amnesty/immunity? Just asking.

She is far from stupid and far from uneducated. If you have ever really met her you would know that.

In addition, she should be given time to defend herself so she has ample time to flee the country like her brother.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

She is far from stupid and far from uneducated. If you have ever really met her you would know that.

In addition, she should be given time to defend herself so she has ample time to flee the country like her brother.

Now when you say "far", in which direction (from stupid & uneducated) would that actually be???

Fellow aliens,

Where comes all this farang hate from?

This is none of your business. You think it is?

Then I suggest you tell your distinguished opinion to your immigration officer during your next appoimtment. If nobody understands you here, I am sure he/she will!

You will see, you will feel...

None of your business!

None

Hare Luang the Poo Bhodisattwa

Fellow aliens,

Then I suggest you tell your distinguished opinion to your immigration officer during your next appoimtment. If nobody understands you here, I am sure he/she will!

None of your business!

None

Ahhhh. Another hater of free speech.

You are right inasmuch as none of us (or at least a very few...) are thai nationals and thus have an electoral "say" in the matter. But we're entitled to our opinions. If you don't like it, no one's making you read them. But we understand that you get a cheap thrill out of the threatening language. So go for it if it floats your boat.

No idea what the status is, but with the DSI having convinced the OAG to charge the duo as private persons, it would seem that a charge of abusing their power in office has been ruled out.

No, it doesn't. If you read the link you would have understood that the NACC are supposed to be "pushing" the charges of abuse of power despite or alongside of the DSI charges. Of course that miscomprehension could have been deliberate because you did not want to acknowledge that the NACC are actually "pushing" Yinglucks abuse of power whilst nothing is being done wrt the suthep/abhisit case which was announced would be investigated 3 months earlier. No fast track for them.

That is why Yingluck would like to be treated like other politicians being investigated by the NACC. Just blatant.

Oh boy, insistent aren't you.

The NACC had been sidestepped by the DSI/AOG and you complain about unfair treatment of Yingluck?

BTW

2013-10-29

"The former premier said he and Mr Suthep acted and made their commands in the 2010 protest in their capacities as state authorities and they should, instead, be investigated by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

The Attorney General said yesterday that it was empowered to indict Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep without having to go through the NACC’s investigative procedure.

The Democrat leader expressed suspicion on the Attorney General’s indictment without including the case of the armed men in black who were allegedly involved in the case.

He said the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) was not empowered to file lawsuits against them since they performed their duties as state officials."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/678007-abhisit-suthep-set-to-sue-public-prosecutor/

2014-03-24

"The Criminal Court on Monday asked the National Anti-Corruption Commission to submit its opinion in its probes against former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva related to 2010 crackdowns on red shirts."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713349-court-seeks-opinion-of-nacc-in-red-shirt-crackdown-cases-against-abhisit/

The important word is concurrent, not sidestepped. Both investigations are going however the point which you are vainly trying to obscure is the fact that the NACC are dragging their heels on abhisit/suthep case but speeding up Yinglucks. Also if you read the PM's words on why she feels that the NACC are acting how shall we say, in a biased manner, she gives the example of a similar investigation into a rice scheme run by abhisit from way back, but funningly enough that too, seems to be bogged down.

It's obvious.

It think it depends on how strong the evidence is...If corruption is obvious why wait. On the other hand if only someone suspects wrong doings but they can't find anything than it is needs very long till they have checked everything.

Pretty clear.

Figglymiggly, yet another newbie to jump on the PTP bandwagon. There must be a factory somewhere pumping you guys out at an alarming rate.

Go back and read the op, then read your anal comment, and tell me what they have in common. I will save you the time - nothing !

Just more off-topic dribble.

Yeah, the “Red Boiler Room” must paying more than what you can make from teaching English these days, is that so "Rich Teacher"?

• Like 2

Have you met her?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Fellow aliens,

None of your business!

None

You are right inasmuch as none of us (or at least a very few...) are thai nationals and thus have an electoral "say" in the matter. But we're entitled to our opinions. If you don't like it, no one's making you read them. But we understand that you get a cheap thrill out of the threatening language. So go for it if it floats your boat.

It is an amazing phenomenon to see how liberals act when they don't agree with you. They either ridicule you or demand you be silent. While all the time they proclaim to be champions of free speach. Me thinks they are hypocrites.

It isn't that people can't comprehend what you write, it's just that a great many people are bored of the broken records of spin, propaganda and lies that comes constantly from red sheeple such as yourself. 'Coup, fascists, can never win an election' etc.. Time to change the record.

Each side has been making the same points and arguments for months on end. Your post accuses only one side or poster of making the same arguments and is therefore short sighted and compartmentalized, and it obliviously ignores the repetitive nature of most threads and posts over the past several months. You therefore presume wrongly that you can single out one poster or side as repetitive. Most posters are pretty weary of hearing the same nonsense from the posters on the other side, which ever side one happens to be on.

Just as you can't politicize corruption when everyone in the system is corrupt, neither can you criticize redundancy of argument when each side and so many posters at TVF are engaged in it. One name of what you have fallen into is intellectual myopia. There are other names for it too.

intellectual myopia ? Speak for yourself, I have no such problem. Only problem I have is an allergy to lies and bs ( if you would call that a problem ) and a case of righteous indignation every time I read those lies and bs from people such as yourself. ...And not singling you out specifically hence my mentioning the red sheeple in general as I did.

Rather than your making a free standing post, you instead posted directly to my post,

You seem to need that I reiterate that everyone who's been around here the past several months has been hearing the same arguments from the same sides in thread after thread, post after post. Yet you did in fact single me out over all other posters, to include the consciously provocative poster, no longer allowed to be active here, YourNemisis .

My particularly strident post was in response to his using the word "stupid" in responding to one of my posts and to his having left a trail of dung posts here today, a record which resulted in his being prohibited further posting here. If you want to make yourself susceptible to the possibility you could be associated with the failure to address that dubious poster, preferring to speak directly to me in my response to his provocations, then so be it.

I should think, however, you would see some value to the points I now emphasize to you.

You really enjoy trying to start arguments over nothing don't ya !

You seem to need that I reiterate : No, I don't need you to say anything, would rather you didn't.

that everyone who's been around here the past several months has been hearing the same arguments from the same sides in thread after thread, post after post. : Mostly the bs from sheeple such as yourself then the non brainwashed refuting the lies and rhetoric, but keep spinning...

Yet you did in fact single me out over all other posters, to include the consciously provocative poster, no longer allowed to be active here, YourNemisis . : Don't know that poster, don't care. Argue with him, not with me.

I should think, however, you would see some value to the points I now emphasize to you. : Keep thinking, I have yet to see any value in anything you have ever posted here. Keep trolling.

Cheers.

• Like 1

You really enjoy trying to start arguments over nothing don't ya !

You seem to need that I reiterate : No, I don't need you to say anything, would rather you didn't.

that everyone who's been around here the past several months has been hearing the same arguments from the same sides in thread after thread, post after post. : Mostly the bs from sheeple such as yourself then the non brainwashed refuting the lies and rhetoric, but keep spinning...

Yet you did in fact single me out over all other posters, to include the consciously provocative poster, no longer allowed to be active here, YourNemisis . : Don't know that poster, don't care. Argue with him, not with me.

I should think, however, you would see some value to the points I now emphasize to you. : Keep thinking, I have yet to see any value in anything you have ever posted here. Keep trolling.

Cheers.

Okay tuff guy. laugh.png

Yes, just tickle them a little and the masks fall down. No matter what colour. I like that.

quote name="Pimay1" post="7629197" timestamp="1396184690"]

Fellow aliens,

None of your business!

None

It is an amazing phenomenon to see how liberals act when they don't agree with you. They either ridicule you or demand you be silent. While all the time they proclaim to be champions of free speach. Me thinks they are hypocrites.

I'd venture to say that if any of us was given 3 days to peruse,, and prepare to address 289 additional pages we'd be a bit miffed too I know I would... 289 pages of legalese to respond to.. but thats the plan... by the non independent agencies withhold the paper till the last minute then refuse the opportunity for redress... gimme a break... independent...? Laughable given the pedestrian way they have prosecuted things in the past... I'lll bet they are all chuckling in their noodle bowls... pathetic really

Most of us would have shown up in person to photocopy 100% of the evidence the NACC had against us.

I agree with you the NACC should be charged with breaking the rules by giving her lawyers the evidence any way but I guess they wanted an actual response to the allegations.

The position was that important it wasn't filled after she left.

I know in the middle east because of family members top positions are given out as a cymbal even if they are handicapped, keep it in the family, Yinglucks position there would have been managed by a n other. As now just a figure head.

I have to wonder who he is talking about. She is neither a multi billionaire even in baht let alone USD nor has she been running anything. Like you said just a figure head to justify her brother giving her millions of baht and getting a tax write off for it.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the 13 farmers who committed suicide, those people who lost their lives?

Of the four regions of Thailand the North historically has the highest rate of suicide, hanging being the method of choice. The North is of course the poorest of the four regions, the Central Region being relatively wealthy. The Bangkok banks have made the current predicament of many Thais in the North particularly severe.

Farmers are staying home being patient, biding their time while the elites slug it out in Bangkok. Farmers are too smart to allow themselves to be exploited by the PDRC and the DP against the government which is making every effort to assist them.

If the DP by some force majeure should win an election, farmers know they are screwed. If the so-called "People's Council" comes to pass, the farmers know their political allies in Bangkok will be purged from politics, the government and, very likely, the country itself.

http://www.academia.edu/248988/Suicide_In_the_North_of_Thailand

How many Thai farmers do you actually know?

Have you ever met one?

My Thai friends have taken me up into the hills outside Chiang Mai to visit villages and to meet villagers, to see three-room school buildings, and to visit the homes of people whose dwellings are constructed over dirt floors. The further one goes into the forests, the more unpleasant the experience becomes.

The farmers and their families are staying home because they have the political awareness not to be exploited by the virulent opponents of the government, which also shows the solid and unified support the government will get if the chronic opposition of the EC to a new election can be overcome.

The hilltribes around chiang mai are not rice farmers so have no reason to go to bangkok.