Red activists' weapon cache confiscated: Thai Police

webfact

"But whoever commits a crime must be punished," Mr. Surapong said, "No exception".

why did the new reporter leave off the rest of his sentence

" unless of course you are a Red shirt, UDD, PT or TS supporter "

• Like 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"But whoever commits a crime must be punished," Mr. Surapong said, "No exception".

why did the new reporter leave off the rest of his sentence

" unless of course you are a Red shirt, UDD, PT or TS supporter "

Can you read me off next weeks National Lottery numbers too seeing as you have an amazing superpower !!

Do you see dead people too? Or hear the lambs crying ?

But...but...red shirts are a peaceful organisation! This can't be right! Must be airsoft weapons! whistling.gif

Thats ridiculous. I cant remember a single claim on tvf redshirts are prone to peace at all times. All i hear is the police never arrest redshirts. Well here ya go...they arrested them, and good on the police. U need to step away from your rigid biases tvgerry.

But...but...red shirts are a peaceful organisation! This can't be right! Must be airsoft weapons! whistling.gif

funny that when they show the weapon from pcrd there at least 10 guns and a lot ammo, but here only on gun and not mush ammos

The Police have already stated on public record they are redshit activists, so I doubt the "fake" side of things will wash if they try it later on.

Very interesting to see the actual contents listed, except for an RPG this happens to include every single weapon that people have been shot with, blown up or injured by over the past 4 years, so can we lay to rest that "it couldn't be the reds cos they wouldn't do that" and that they "are peace-loving hippies who would never harm a fly". It's total bullshit and insulting to think otherwise.

It's good that they've caught somebody and I don't think Mr. Rattanapong's defence that an unknown individual gave him the bag of weapons just before his arrest is going to stand up too well to cross examination whistling.gif .

However the assertion that this is some sort of "weapons kit" handed out to UDD factions around Thailand and they are responsible for all the shooting and bombing incidents in the past 4 years is taking the hatefest a wee bit too far.

From a later update, seems they are from the same lot like other attacks:

"A police source said the M79 grenades had the same lot number as those fired at the Thai PBS head office on February 26, while the RDG-5 grenades had the same lot number as those used in previous attacks in Bangkok's Bang Na area, Chon Buri and Nonthaburi."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

See in the news section :

About 40 red-shirt supporters of the government rallied in front of Nonthaburi police station to demand the police to release on bail four of their colleagues arrested last night for the possession of a cache of firearms and ammunition near the headoffice of the National Anti Corruption Commission.

Their leader Sornlak Malaithong threatened to storm into the station if the police failed to allow temporary release on bail for the four persons.

The four were arrested and suspected to be in connection with the M79 grenade attack on the NACC office last night. Among the seize weapon is a M79 grenade launcher and M40 grenades used for the launcher, and several rounds of ammunition and a AK 47 assault rifle.

Sornlak accused the Army chief of plotting a set-up in the seizure of arms.

He threatened to bring more redshirts to encircle the police station to pressure the release of the four suspects.

One suspect earlier admitted of owning some of the seized weapon.

Source: http://englishnews.t..._campaign=34027

Great stuff, they are now threatening the police.

I thought it was the courts that released people on bail not the police ?

• Like 1

About 40 red-shirt supporters of the government rallied in front of Nonthaburi police station to demand the police to release on bail four of their colleagues arrested last night for the possession of a cache of firearms and ammunition near the headoffice of the National Anti Corruption Commission.

Their leader Sornlak Malaithong threatened to storm into the station if the police failed to allow temporary release on bail for the four persons.

The four were arrested and suspected to be in connection with the M79 grenade attack on the NACC office last night. Among the seize weapon is a M79 grenade launcher and M40 grenades used for the launcher, and several rounds of ammunition and a AK 47 assault rifle.

He threatened to bring more redshirts to encircle the police station to pressure the release of the four suspects.

Anarchy!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

One can only hope that the police will now do a ballistics test on all the weapons found, including the pistols they found on the "red guards" to see if any match up to any of the shooting victims we have had , just hope they dont just give them all back when people are looking the other way.

• Like 1

they want them released on bail so they can run them over the border aka kotee after the police released him.

• Like 2

I am just amazed (honestly) that the police appear to be doing what police are meant to do and are already implicating these weapons/munitions as being used in other known attacks. Has somebody skipped on paying this police unit/station their tea money?

Keep in mind that it was a police and army patrol that found this after the NACC was bombed (again) and two soldiers shot at. If it would had been only the police there I would have expected a different result.

• Like 1

That M79 is a copy of the American weapon. At no time were the stock and for are made from green plastic. Could this be one of the many that were manufactured in the Bang Na area during the 2011 anti-government activities? ph34r.pngph34r.png

You can get a replacement fibre glass stock, cheaper than the wood (which are much more expensive). They are a sort of green colour (from China I believe).

Fryslan Boppe (a.k.a. banned member "CalgaryII"), let's hear some of your usual words about electoral democracy in relation to this story. There must be some way to spin it with the help of some jargon and convoluted grammar.

He is not that ignorant.

Calgaryll would have believed it and promoted it if Thaksin had said Yingluck was a transvestite.

There are posters here as closed minded as he was but not as ignorant.

Besides I do believe I have read one or two of his posts that were not pro government.

• Like 1

I am just amazed (honestly) that the police appear to be doing what police are meant to do and are already implicating these weapons/munitions as being used in other known attacks. Has somebody skipped on paying this police unit/station their tea money?

Keep in mind that it was a police and army patrol that found this after the NACC was bombed (again) and two soldiers shot at. If it would had been only the police there I would have expected a different result.

Kind of shows the Army is not playing favorites. To much violence by the red shirts and they may take action the red shirts will not like.

It is known by the police so they want to score a few brownie points with the anti government protestors.

We live in dangerous times.

Unregulated 'forces' of ordinairy individuals who have access and carry war weaponary makes me feel 'nervous'

Add the recent cancelling of a artist who performed on stage for the suthep movement and red village declerations and i am uncomfortable living in the North East

Wearing a blue shirt can be lethal in the future?

You know what a herring is? Just like a Thai politician.Definition of a herring ( Read Kipper ) 2 faced and spineless.

I think you're describing more than Thai politicians there - probably a high percentage of Thais would fit that bill ...

This group are likely responsible for most of the attacks around BKK the last couple of months, how they have continued to operate without detection is a mystery

Also if more police had got off their asses and actually put together a proper raid on these terrorists they could have caught them all - I suspect they were forced to act after someone they couldn't ignore brought it to their attention

• Like 2

Maybe next time someone "HE DOESN'T KNOW" hands him a bag (containing weapons) and tells him to keep it for him/her, he will think twice. It's possible that the story is true, look at all of the inadvertant drug couriers in jail around the world.

Maybe next time someone "HE DOESN'T KNOW" hands him a bag (containing weapons) and tells him to keep it for him/her, he will think twice. It's possible that the story is true, look at all of the inadvertant drug couriers in jail around the world.

Also let us remember that having smarts is defiantly not a qualification for being a red shirt. In fact it might get you drummed out unless you are on the payroll then it is allowable to a certain degree all of course depended on your loyalty to Thaksin.wai.gif

Good to see proof that it is the reds firing grenades all over the place ( as if any were needed ). This is why I am anti red and defacto anti Taksin and any of his parties. Yes there have been some problems but the PDRC HAS been peaceful for over 4 months, and violence has only come from their side in retaliation to huge amounts of violence commited against them. Compared to what the reds did a few years back,I know which I prefer. Violence is not the answer and with every violent act perpetrated by the reds, I won't say they lose credibility as they have none anyway but it just makes people who dislike them already feel even more that they dislike the bunch of violent thugs and by association Taksin and any of his puppets as the reds are their private militia. This is in large part where the anti Shin feeling comers from in my opinion. If Taksin / cronies / UDD etc.respected the law and abided by it and didn't keep resorting to violence against everyone who disagrees with them, then we would not be in anywhere near the mess we currently are.

• Like 1

or fake red shirts hired by the invisible hand...or by the protesters or really they are from the army so the army can stage a coup.....

Sure our reds here will soon be able explain it.....

Where Are You PRBKK explain this away.......................cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..........coffee1.gif

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The Police have already stated on public record they are redshit activists, so I doubt the "fake" side of things will wash if they try it later on.

Very interesting to see the actual contents listed, except for an RPG this happens to include every single weapon that people have been shot with, blown up or injured by over the past 4 years, so can we lay to rest that "it couldn't be the reds cos they wouldn't do that" and that they "are peace-loving hippies who would never harm a fly". It's total bullshit and insulting to think otherwise.

The question is why the Police took so long to check out the camp? I think we can all be fairly certain that if the Police did their job and raided all these various 'camps' (Red and Yellow for that matter) there would be a big reduction in violence.