No Talking Thaksin, Doctor's Orders

george

No talking Thaksin, doctor's orders

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is suffering from a cold, a sore throat and is exhausted from cheering late-night televised English Premier League football, his doctor said yesterday.

"I recommend the prime minister rest and stop talking to reporters for a few days," Sathien Phuprasert said.

Thaksin cancelled all non-essential engagements yesterday, although he reported to work at Government House.

Appearing pale and exhausted, he waved off reporters upon arrival at his office.

"I have a cold and my throat is very sore," he said in a hoarse, barely audible voice.

The Government House press corps wished the PM a speedy recovery.

--The Nation 2004-03-05

He didn't appear to have a lot of problems crapping on this morning on the weekly "feeding of the chooks" as the long gone ex-Premier of Queesland used to call lying to reporters.

Said former Premier is said to be at deaths door. Tube fed etc. The end is nigh.

"I recommend the prime minister rest and stop talking to reporters for a few days," Sathien Phuprasert said.

doctor pat pong & I have been recommending this for a long time...maybe he wanted a second opinion.

doctor pat pong & I have been recommending this for a long time...maybe he wanted a second opinion.

A week or so without foot in mouth disease could do wonders for him with the media and the world at large :o