CEI to Bangkok Flights

cairene

Bangkok Air gives you a free snack ! ! !

Thai Air charges more and when you arrive in BKK they will shuttle you to the terminal. Still can't understand why Thai Air can not pull up to a gangway since it IS the national carrier of Thailand!

Air Asia and BKK Air both land at Don Mueng while Thai AIr goes to Suv(whatever)!

• Like 1

Thanks. Various on line booking sites indicate that BKK Air fly in/out of Suvarnabhumi? The last time I flew with them there was even free access to a dedicated lounge, VTN I think.

Thank you.

CaiRene

You are right. I was thinking of Nok Air. Never flew BKK Air. Mea Culpa!

Bangkok Air allows 20 kgs, plus 10 kgs extra if you have their ff-card, the inflight-meal is the best catering of any domestic-flight, and they're usually cheaper than TG.

Edited by Ricardo

Never understood how Thai Air could charge so much on the same routes. Multiples of competitors. Is the service that good?

And then their latest financial report shows them losing money. Funny way to run a business.

I usually pay the extra for them when I have an international connection.

You can check in over 20kg plus carry on and they fly into Swampy where most international flights are.

One of the better things is that you can check through Customs and Immigration in Chiang Rai and you go directly into departures when the plane lands, missing all the scrum on the other side.

It's very tempting for about an extra 30 bucks.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 2

You can check in over 20kg plus carry on and they fly into Swampy where most international flights are.

One of the better things is that you can check through Customs and Immigration in Chiang Rai and you go directly into departures when the plane lands, missing all the scrum on the other side.

I guess I have never looked at them for domestic flights. I'll be sure to check for the next trip. But their international flights look expensive to me compared to other carriers.

I guess I have never looked at them for domestic flights. I'll be sure to check for the next trip. But their international flights look expensive to me compared to other carriers.

If you are flying as part of an international flight make certain you buy the ChiangRai BKK sector seperately. If you buy a Chiangrai perth fare it is much more expensive than a Chiangrai BKK BBB Per fare.

I haven't used them for international flights for years, when it comes to pricing bookings they have not even been in the ballpark.

I haven't used them for international flights for years, when it comes to pricing bookings they have not even been in the ballpark.

Up until a few years ago I regularly used them from CNX to BKK then from BKK to PER. I used to fly bussiness class on the local leg as it was not a whole lot dearer and gave me access to the lounge and a bit more food and drink.

If I had booked the flight as one ticket the economy fare would have been about 10000baht more. I have not travelled lately but know they are no longer economic. In fact the last few times I flew was CNX SIN SIN PER on Silkair/singaprore but the same thing about seperate and diredct fares costing more applied.