Bridge Club Or Games?

calibanjr.

Do a search in the CM section. There have been a couple of threads on this. There are certainly a few players around, we used to host games at my restaurant, but you need to be extremely careful here. Bridge is technically illegal as it is a gambling game and the boys in brown will jump hard on you if they can see a profit in it for themselves.

Well I've searched the CM board under contract bridge, bridge club, bridge, no dice. Bridge isn't essentially a gambling game really, but I doubt I'd be able to explain that to the boys in brown when they walk in.

DD

just wondering if anyone would be interested in mahjong?? no gambling of course. i think a tutorial can be arranged by myself for those interested!

Meen playing all my life. We have a weekly game at my house on thursdays - playing modern Japanese rules. (Must have double to go Mahjong.)

just wondering if anyone would be interested in mahjong?? no gambling of course. i think a tutorial can be arranged by myself for those interested!

Meen playing all my life. We have a weekly game at my house on thursdays - playing modern Japanese rules. (Must have double to go Mahjong.)

oh boy. Yaku. all those japanese terms. so does it go by point system??

i normally just play the regular HK style. 3Fans or 5 fans rule. or be it KFC! lol

what does it mean to have double though?

what does it mean to have double though?

I think this is a drinking game and you must finish with a double shot of a spirit of your choice :o

To need a double means you require a special hand to go out. there are a long list of these hands, similar to many HK hands. egs: Fully closed hand, All chow, All Pung, Pung in your wind/wind of the round/a dragon etc. are all doubles.

I grew up playing normal HK rules and was introduced to the Japanese rules about ten years ago. They are much more interesting. It is considerably harder to go out and you get much more elegant hands and higher scores but more hands end without anybody going down.