Best Full English Breakfast in Bangkok

KarlosInBKK

The Queen Vic is still good, Queens Breakfast is around 250baht and Kings Breakfast is around 350-400baht I think. Queens is normally more than enough for me and comes with a pot of Tetleys tea.

I have heard that Chequers bar on Soi 4 does a really good Full English too, but I have not tried it myself yet.

Yes Chequers is a great place for food. Nick the owner is a really nice guy

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Got more than One Hand .. ?

Make it yourself, It's easy. Go online, and google Fry a F*****g EGG .. !!

Get creative ... Google 'Bacon' or even 'Beans' ... this high tech stuff is amazing.

Or get someone to go online for you.

Helpless tur* that you appear, that may even be do-able.

Are you british ... ?

Sure, why eat anything outside ... make it ALL at home, right? It's not about whether you are capable of making breakfast or a cup of coffee or some curry and rice when you are deciding to go eat somewhere

Most misplaced rant of the day?

Maybe too much He and not enough O2

I agree, that's appalling for B250. I'll scrap my intended visit then.

The drawback with being an early customer in most restaurants is that you will often get yesterday's reheated crap. Chequers is a case in point.

I like the sound of the Old Dutch offering. Anyone know what time they open?

Old Dutch open at 9 AM but sometimes the cook is late.

I tried all the english breakfasts i can in BKK and im not into microwave food thats why i suggested The Game to you guys. Real fried eggs and they grill the bacon, black pudding, mushrooms and tomato. Give it a try you will like it.

Sent from my iPhone

I tried all the english breakfasts i can in BKK and im not into microwave food thats why i suggested The Game to you guys. Real fried eggs and they grill the bacon, black pudding, mushrooms and tomato. Give it a try you will like it.

Sent from my iPhone

lol...Of course you would say that considering you are the Manager at The Game!

Every time there is a food topic you bring up The Game.

Honestly, I have eaten there and the food is average at best!

Sent from my iPhone

lol...Of course you would say that considering you are the Manager at The Game!

Every time there is a food topic you bring up The Game.

Honestly, I have eaten there and the food is average at best!

Wrong not manager just a supporter

Sent from my iPhone

Here's a pic of the Noisy Cow offering, but the coffee was out of shot:

yes, I know it's in Pattaya, but some people travel...

How well the eggs are cooked gives an indication as to how good the breakfast is going to be. Those eggs look very well cooked. How much?

I didn't ask, as I like to have the eggs on the toast, but I will do the next time I pass by. I also tried a place called Greg's Kitchen, which came highly rated and it was dreadful. "Eggs any style" but I asked for poached and they said they couldn't do that???

The Noisy Cow eggs were great. The sausages were of the cheaper variety, but very tasty. I'm in Bangkok at the moment, so I will give the Hanrahans offering another go. As I mentioned before, it had all the basics in place, but wasn't put together well.

Joolis just over the road, but I'm not sure I could do two in a day.

Depending on time, I will definitely try the Old Dutch. I ate there twenty years ago and it was very good quality food, but I'm not in that area very often. As a German, I like to wind them up and ask if the real name is the Alten German..;-)

Sounds like its worth a visit. Any idea what time they open?

I revisited Hanrahan's at 11:00 this morning on my way by. What a difference a couple of hours makes. Whilst the menu offers either black or white pud, I pigged and went for both. The whole meal was excellent and most people wouldn't really need to eat again during the day.

The sausage was good and tasty and the bacon was still the best I've had in this country. Here's a pic:

post-51056-0-06971100-1397110541_thumb.j

Queen Vic opens at 9am, shall try it out on Tuesday.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Was nice but a little overpriced IMO. I had the kings brecky and the missus had the queens. 320 and 270 baht if I remember rightly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Always enjoy a food thread. U lot in BK are getting fleeced, one could get a bus to Pattaya and still be cheaper and better for an english brekkie

Not exactly the discovery of the century, Pattaya is and always has been cheaper than Bangkok for everything.

But this is the Bangkok forum for people who wish to discuss Bangkok.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Always enjoy a food thread. U lot in BK are getting fleeced, one could get a bus to Pattaya and still be cheaper and better for an english brekkie

Not exactly the discovery of the century, Pattaya is and always has been cheaper than Bangkok for everything.

This is a thread about the best english breakfast in Bangkok, my comment was how expensive some are, and not any better than places in Thailand, ie Pattaya

Just went to the Black Swan for their full English (250 baht), read good things here and other people had said there would be fried bread and black pudding so was quite looking forward to it.

Contents:

1 "Fried" (microwaved) egg

1 Sausage

1 Rasher of bacon

1/2 Grilled tomato

1 Slice of toast

Glass of orange juice

Cup of coffee

Don't think I've had the displeasure of being served a microwaved egg before, not keen to repeat the experience in a hurry. Sausage was good, grilled I would imagine, although possibly also nuked before serving. Bacon felt a bit miserly, one little curled up piece, looked quite sad, but props for it being British-style at least. Bread quality for toast wasn't great, not 7/11-style sweet stuff, just standard sliced white Tesco's own-brand level sort of thing.

Not the best fry-up I've ever had by a long way, but better than some of the other ones sound.

U lot are being conned and ripped off, thats disgusting for 250 baht

This is a thread about the best english breakfast in Bangkok, my comment was how expensive some are, and not any better than places in Thailand, ie Pattaya

A bottle of Thai beer also costs a lot more in a bar in Sukhumvit / Silom than it does around Second Road in Pattaya and it is exactly the same beer. Likewise London is usually dearer than Accrington, Paris dearer than Calais etc. It is the way of the world. By the way your arithmetic is questionable, putting the return bus fare on top of your quoted 180 baht for a Pattaya breakfast would make Pattaya by far the more expensive of the two.

A bottle of Thai beer also costs a lot more in a bar in Sukhumvit / Silom than it does around Second Road in Pattaya and it is exactly the same beer. Likewise London is usually dearer than Accrington, Paris dearer than Calais etc. It is the way of the world. By the way your arithmetic is questionable, putting the return bus fare on top of your quoted 180 baht for a Pattaya breakfast would make Pattaya by far the more expensive of the two.

However, if you were to walk to Pattaya then have "A Full English" and then walk back, not only would it be cheaper but calorie neutral as well.

Thanks by the way for the early posters - some good info. Lots of new places I had never heard of to try out.

Sorry about your bad luck but thanks for the heads up, was thinking of going there in the AM, but will pass.

Based on posts here will try jools and provide an update.

Just went to the Black Swan for their full English (250 baht), read good things here and other people had said there would be fried bread and black pudding so was quite looking forward to it.

Contents:

1 "Fried" (microwaved) egg
1 Sausage
1 Rasher of bacon
1/2 Grilled tomato
1 Slice of toast
Glass of orange juice
Cup of coffee

Don't think I've had the displeasure of being served a microwaved egg before, not keen to repeat the experience in a hurry. Sausage was good, grilled I would imagine, although possibly also nuked before serving. Bacon felt a bit miserly, one little curled up piece, looked quite sad, but props for it being British-style at least. Bread quality for toast wasn't great, not 7/11-style sweet stuff, just standard sliced white Tesco's own-brand level sort of thing.

Not the best fry-up I've ever had by a long way, but better than some of the other ones sound.
Edited by soundman
Quote tags

Last weekend I went to the Dubliner to try it out, normally wouldn't bother with the place but figured once wasn't going to make a huge amount of difference and the breakfast was really quite good, it's been a long time since I've had potato bread and really liked that. I was drinking and it's been a week since then so I can't list off the ingredients as I did with the Black Swan but it was pretty good, won't be going back but that's not to do with the breakfast.

Was persuaded into giving the Black Swan another go, turns out the breakfasts on the normal menu are significantly better than the one on the breakfast menu, I think the breakfast menu is the equivalent of their mini breakfast. I went for the full monty, second biggest on the menu:

Two sausages - done much better than before

Two rashers of bacon - each of these were easily twice the size of the bacon I'd been served previously

Two eggs - much better this time, properly fried

Mushrooms - Not many but a welcome addition

Tomato - Tinned this time rather than a fresh one

1 slice of fried bread - would have preferred posher/thicker-sliced bread but otherwise good

Black pudding - very nice, good chunky texture to it

Beans - Can't do beans wrong, really.

Two slices of bread with butter and jam - didn't get round to them.

Pretty sure the Black Swan one was 350 baht, can't remember the price at the Dubliner.

Going to check out Molly Malone's next weekend so will report back.

Well went to the Jools as planned yesterday.

Interesting enough setting, some disractions on the walls.

Staff unfortunately disinterested and inattentive from the get go...maybe normal..maybe burned out from songkran, who knows.

Bteakfast was standard fare, photo attached. Sausages were hot dogs really imo. But a load of bacon..that was nice.

What ended it for me was the price, 279 more than I pay for better elsewhere ...and then they did not bring me back my change. Real pet peeve of mine. The change likely all would have been a tip but it has to come back to the table. Waited a long while and nothing ...and then not even a whisper as we left.

So breakfast just passable at that price if you are in the area I guess but too much for me and staff behaviour puts it firmly in the move along category.

Oh also coffeee was reasonable and did get a refill but figure I maybe paid for it as total w girls thai food was 530 thb.