holiday visa

if i want to apply for a holiday visa for my wife and daughter(3and half yrs old) my wife has been on a holiday visa in 2010 is there a problem bringing the daughter as well, wife put brothers name on birth cert as farther(trying to find out way to change this) i am the real farther so will this be straight foreward at vfs ao applt for hol visa

What country are you talking about?

Do you live in Thailand?

If you are the father and are named on the birth certificate, the child can probably get a passport for your country and will not need a visa.

Why on earth did your wife name her brother as the father?

What country are you talking about?

Do you live in Thailand?

If you are the father and are named on the birth certificate, the child can probably get a passport for your country and will not need a visa.

Why on earth did your wife name her brother as the father?

Impossible to answer unless you tell us which country you want to go to!

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING.

Edit: theoldgit types faster than me!

This should be a clue.

"will this be straight foreward at vfs "

VFS Global manages visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed visa application form, supporting documents and biometric data

FS Global manages visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed visa application form, supporting documents and biometric data

Edited by Suradit69

This should be a clue.

"will this be straight foreward at vfs "

VFS Global manages visa application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed visa application form, supporting documents and biometric data

application centre for UK Visas and Immigration in Thailand where you submit your completed

Thanks very much for your response.

VFS, Visa Facilitation Services, act as Visa Application Centres in Thailand for such countries as Australia, Denmark, Canada, India, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden as well as the United Kingdom.

If you are able to offer some meaningful advice to the OP then please feel free to do so.

• Like 1

sorry forgot to say hol visa to uk, i am in the uk living and working want to apply for a hol visa then next year apply for a visa to bring wife and daughter here permantly, once i find out how to deak with the birth cert for daughter(prob dna) british embassy not very good with advice, if any body knows how to go about this i posted in family and children forum any advice welcome mant thanks for all advice

Maybe ask on the Ask a Lawyer forum about the birth certificate.

If it was a genuine mistake why would you need DNA tests, and I ask again why did you wife put her brother down as the father?

I really think you need to sort that out with the Thai authorities before you worry about visit visas as it might well muddy the waters with any application.

Plenty of advice on here about visas, but your wife needs to convince the Entry Clearance Officer that her proposed trip is genuine, affordable and that at the conclusion of the trip she will return home, so she will need to prove ties to her home country.

When you're in a position to apply, if you want support, post some of your details and the guys will offer some advice.