Luggage storage

Hi

My customer just sent me a question I don't know the answer to: He will leave BKK for a neighbouring country for 6 days and wants to leave some luggage in storage. On the way back, he will have a lay-over of 4 hours in Bangkok to pick it up and take it with him to his home in Europe. The tickets back from the neighbouring country to BKK and then from BKK to Europe are separate tickets on different airlines.

He could leave the bags at his hotel but fears that he won't have enough time to come from the airport to the hotel, pick up the bag, go back to their airport and then check in again. I agree.

Questions:

1.) Is there a luggage storage service at Suvarnabhumi? If so, where is it located? (I never saw it.)

2.) What are the charges? - If somebody has a link to their website, that would be fine. I couldn't find it.

3.) Important question: Has anybody ever tried it? Any experiences, such as "they couldn't find my bag for an hour" or "fast and efficient service"?

TIA.

I use the storage place next to the tourist police office. I think the charge is 100 Baht per day but don't quote me. There have been good and bad reports of this office in the past. I haven't had a problem so far.

Service is fast but the conditions of storage state no electronic or electrical items. They xray the bags prior to storage. I think it's operated by Chubb.

Google is a man`s best friend .

I hope this helps ,

Left Luggage

There are 2 left luggage counters at the Suvarnabhumi Airport

Level 2 - Arrivals

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 2 (Arrivals) - near the escalator - behind EXIT 4 area.

Level 4 - Departures

The Left Luggage Counter is located on the Level 4 (Departures) - near the entrance of Entrance 4.

luggage.jpg

Storage charges:

- Each item deposited will be charged at the rate of THB 100.00 per 24-hour period.

- Items stored for over 24 hours will be charged at a rate of THB 50.00 per 12-hour period (any part of the 12 hour will be charged at THB 50.00).

- If the items are deposited for more than 3 months (92 days), the charge per 24-hour period will be THB 200.00 per item.

- Any deposits not collected within 6 months (180 days) will become the property of the depository.

NO jewelry, watches, antiques, gold, cash, credit cards, perishable goods, fragile articles, electric appliances, mobile phone, shaver, CD player, MP3 player, portable computer, camera (film or digital) or VDO camera accepted.