Overnight ( A Few Hours) At Don Muang Airport

scorecard

Next month I fly on AirAsia to Don Muang (DM), arriving there at 12:30 am early morning. Earlier flight not convenient.

Same morning I need to check in at 4:30 am on AirAsia for first flight to Hi Chi Mien city.

Seems rather pointless to leave DM airport, travel and check into a local hotel, perhaps 1:30 am, then get up at 3:45 am,check out of hotel and get back to DM at 4:30 am.

Does anybody know if sitting it out at the airport (DM) early morning is allowed? In fact does the airport actually close?

Any information appreciated.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.

Don't know about DM being open for 24 hours, but in such cases, I usually take a 5-minute taxi ride to a nearby resort, get a shower and a few hours sleep for a measly 300-baht. Details, if you want.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't know about DM being open for 24 hours, but in such cases, I usually take a 5-minute taxi ride to a nearby resort, get a shower and a few hours sleep for a measly 300-baht. Details, if you want.

Yes please.

Actually I'm not concerned at all about the cost, I'm more concerned about the small time involved and not waking up.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes please.

Actually I'm not concerned at all about the cost, I'm more concerned about the small time involved and not waking up.

Phone alarm, small alarm clock, both?

Never travel without at least one waking device.

Edited by uptheos

Here's a link to an Evernote scan of the place. Shucks, the proprietor will even come by your door and rap on it at the appointed time, if you request it, I'm sure. Just leave allowance for "Thai time."

The scan is a Thai business card which is in Thai, with a map on the back, which you can show to your taxi driver.

The "taxi + #" is a driver who knows where the place is.

Good luck!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s135/sh/b8a43138-f23c-4185-b9e6-40b775cbcf74/7b2496407f13d87f424d6e64da7d259c

Amari Airport Hotel - walkway connects it to the airport. http://www.amari.com/donmuang/

They have short rental rates, or used to, at least in daytime, not sure about at night but you can email and ask.

I asked there recently. 2,000 Baht for a shower/1 hour; available 24 hours.

Edited by Fookhaht

this site is for this topic: www.sleepinginairports.org

You do not need to check in at 4.30 for HCMC flite 1-can do till 45 mins before-and even later if no luggage and homeprint boardingpass. or use machine-these are now OUTside. In fact I remember starting in town later as that time and still having ample time at DMK

Tis forum also has a spearate DMK-subforum

Why not?

DM is an international airport with 24 hours service not a bus station in Roy Et.

I'm sure I wouldn't left the airport in your case, you can read a good book, surf on Net or whatever. 3-4 hours run very quickly.

Here's a link to an Evernote scan of the place. Shucks, the proprietor will even come by your door and rap on it at the appointed time, if you request it, I'm sure. Just leave allowance for "Thai time."

The scan is a Thai business card which is in Thai, with a map on the back, which you can show to your taxi driver.

The "taxi + #" is a driver who knows where the place is.

Good luck!

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s135/sh/b8a43138-f23c-4185-b9e6-40b775cbcf74/7b2496407f13d87f424d6e64da7d259c

Useful information if arriving after a longhaul, nice little place to get a shower and a nap possibly. If coming in from a domestic flight then surely a couple of beers, bag of crisps and the bangkok post. Is that available at such an hour ?