Fishing in Thailand and Asia?!

Thaibelg

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to bring outhere to see if there are some same minded like anglers as I am in Thailand. My fishing buddies/community are local Thai, but was wondering whether there are some similar minded like salty game anglers outthere living in Thailand?

I'm one of those lucky enough to go on 3 to 4 exotic fishing trips/year and some of the places, I frequently visit are; Andaman Islands *(India), Burma Banks *(Myanmar), Alor *(West Timor, Indonesia), Sprattley islands, Luconia Shoals in Borneo, Al Hallaniyah Islands *(South Oman), Socotra (Yemen), Maldives etc...

Usually it put on average 1 to 2 trips/year out to the Andaman Islands *(India) and/or Maldives and are wondering if there are anglers interested in sharing some of the costs for doing so?

I can also help people outthere with recommending charter companies in Asia and/or help arranging your trips in Asia.

Please see attached also the fishing package for Andaman Islands.

Tight Lines!

Thblg

Fishing Andaman Islands.pdf

Socotra Fishing.pdf

Great document. I scanned it and will read it later.

I fished the Andamans last year. Took a boat from Phuket with some buddies for nearly 2 weeks. Flew back via Calcutta out of Port Blair.

Got a lot of huge Barracuda (6 feet) on some of the rock formations we trawled on the way over, but no sailfish until around the Andamans.

We anchored and stayed on the boat for all of the time, except the full day it took to do permits in Port Blair. Anchoring around the Nicobar was awesome - could not go onshore as you know. We caught no GT's at day, only night, about the size of yours, but the challenge was getting them on board before the sharks too a chunk out of them. My favorite fish to catch - loved to run and fight.

A lot of big sailfish, tuna, Dorrado, sweetlips (night mainly), dogtooth but no marlin unfortunately, although they smashed a lot of lures.

Awesome fishing experience. Still untouched and not fished out.

Thanks for reliving the experience.

mate, I have been a made keen fisho for years and have enough tackle to start my own shop. The only thing I didnt bring over here with me was my 24kg outfit and my 10' beach rods but I have all the lures I used on marlin plus all my other soft plastics(beach, river, deep water), hard bodies lures and all the various lures/jigs/heads/skirts in between, heaps of game hooks(some pre rigged, circles, live baiters, all the rigging gear, crimps, leader(even my harnes and gimble belt) and have not even touched it since moving over. Still trying to find somewhere to actually do some decent fishing in the ocean that isnt fished out or simply too dirty.

Edited by seajae