Thai Visa Advice: Thailand <-- >Vietnam

Hello,

My wife and I have been in Asia for almost 2 years now. We move from Thailand to Vietnam about every 3-6 months as we love to live in both countries. We are presently in Vietnam and planning to go back to Thailand again.

How likely is it, after 2 years of going back and forth, to be denied a Double Entry Tourist Visa twice in a row (within the next 12 months) in Vientiane? We'd love to stay for about 8-12 months in Thailand before going back to Vietnam one last time and probably moving to South America after that.

Vietnam is so much better for Visa than Thailand. No trouble at all, come as often as you want, renewal is super easy. Thailand could learn a thing or two about Visas from Vietnam!

BTW, we do not work in any country, just enjoying being real Tourists for a few years.

Thanks,

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What about the fact that my Passport has multiple Thai Visas, already a Double Entry one from Vientiane from last year? I've read many times that they take that into consideration?

You have been given the best of advice .

Its now up to you to make a decision about what you will do .

Even if your worst fears materialise (very unlikely) you will be given a single entry tourist visa to Thailand.

What about the fact that my Passport has multiple Thai Visas, already a Double Entry one from Vientiane from last year? I've read many times that they take that into consideration?

From what you have written it appears that most of your visas have been separated by stays outside of Thailand.

Their concern is when you are doing them back to back to remain in Thailand for an long period of time, Vientiane typically does 3 in a row without a problem.

You could apply for your visas before leaving Vietnam. The embassy in Hanoi has been reported as doing 2 entry visas (you may need to show tickets out of Thailand)). The consulate in Saigon does single entry visas.