Surapong warns of possible violence if court rules against Yingluck

webfact

CONSTITUTIONAL COURT
FM warns of possible violence if court rules against Yingluck

BANGKOK: -- The red shirts may stage a rally that could turn violent if the Constitutional Court rules against the caretaker premier over her unlawful transfer of the security czar, caretaker foreign minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Thursday.

The Court on Wednesday agreed to consider a petition by a group of senators against Yingluck Shinawatra over an alleged conflict of interest in her removal of NSC chief Thawil Pliensri. If found guilty of breaching the Constitution, Yingluck will lose the premiership automatically and her entire Cabinet could be removed too.

Surapong, referring to the mass rally by the reds planned for Saturday, said "it was definitely possible (that violence could take place)."

"Such a vacuum is not healthy and chaos will almost surely follow," he said, adding "I'm not trying to instigate violence but I see the pressure and that Thais are hottempered. Chaos can break out at any time. I am not threatening the court, I am just speaking the truth," he said.

By "vacuum" Surapong was referring to a situation that would occur if Yingluck were disqualified as the country does not have a House of Representatives but the Constitution requires that the premier comes from among the MPs.

The Supreme Administrative Court last month ruled that Yingluck's transfer of Thawil was illegal.

Whether the whole caretaker Cabinet must go if Yingluck is disqualified remains a controversial issue.

Pheu Thai's key members insist that Yingluck has the right to transfer Thawil. If Yingluck were to be disqualified as the antigovernment group wishes, this would result in a political vacuum as a nonelected premier is not possible under the Constitution.

Meanwhile caretaker Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said that if Yingluck were disqualified, a deputy premier could replace her and take charge.

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said the court's acceptance of the case did not mean it would definitely disqualify Yingluck. The order to transfer Thawil was ruled as unlawful but the court would have to consider if Yingluck had violated the Constitution by interfering in the transfer for her benefit of that of her group.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-03

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Such a vacuum is not healthy and chaos will almost surely follow," he said, adding "I'm not trying to instigate violence but I see the pressure and that Thais are hottempered. Chaos can break out at any time. I am not threatening the court, I am just speaking the truth," he said.

Surapong is not trying to start violence it is all ready there just waiting for his go ahead.

If Surapong wants violence all he has to do is stop by my place I will give him more than he wants. It will be done in the spirit of helping a fellow human being achieve his life long ambition.

That is not a threat just stating how much I want to help my suffering fellow human being succeed.wai.gif

• Like 2

Surapong is not trying to start violence it is all ready there just waiting for his go ahead.

They're generally not hot tempered either (except behind the wheel!) It's only his herds of feudal cattle that tend to love the violence in hopes of some goodies from the Shinawatras siphoned from taxpayers.

I find them infuriating patient when they are behind the wheel. They have no problem just sitting there behind a double parked car while the guy is in getting some thing from the store. Or is just plain confused as where to go. Riding in Songthaew's and tuck tucks I see a lot of that. I am not prone to road rage but I know if it was me behind the wheel I would be upset a lot where as they just take it in stride.

How ever get in an elevator with them and they are pushing the close button before people can get in.

Fine.... it is not something nobody knew anyway. We all know what the red shirts are capable of, and we all know who is steering them, and that is right through the government via their UDD militia terrorist wing

No need to come out and tell us what will happen, even the courts know this, the army knows this and the people know this.

If you do call the reds into attack mode, be prepared to watch them get slaughtered, because I can confirm for you that 99% of the people will rise up against these bunch of nutters and slay them to the four winds.

The PDRC won't remain peaceful if the reds come a burnin. That will be the straw to break the camel's back, and it will NOT be good for the red shirts and the UDD will cease to exist thereafter.

It;s coming anyway, so let's enjoy the second installment of the buffalos being served their retribution. You think it is only the reds that have guns and grenades?..... Th military will firmly be on the side of the people.

• Like 2

I wonder how the caretaker MoFA Surapong is going to explain this to foreign envoys and diplomats.

Probably by repeating his request to them to help get their people here as tourists smile.png