Report: 30-day extension at Major Hollywood

I just got back from Immigration Division 1 at Major Hollywood on Suksawat Road, where I successfully extended my tourist visa for another 30 days.

I caught a southbound #20 bus (8 baht) on Thanon Somdet Phra Chao Taksin, right near BTS WongWian Yai. This was early afternoon, there was moderate traffic, and the ride took about 25-30 minutes; the bus drops you off right across the street from Major Hollywood.

When you enter Major Hollywood, just go straight ahead past the movie area; Immigration would be hard to miss. Do not take a queue number; instead, go to “J” desk in the smaller room and ask for an extension form (they also have 90-day reporting forms at this desk).

The place was somewhat crowded but the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful, and the whole process took about 40 minutes.

Remember to bring a passport-sized photo, 1900 baht, and photocopies of your passport's first page, entry stamp, visa (if you have one), and departure card, as well (of course) as your passport. A pen will be very helpful too.

All in all, about as pleasant as I could hope for from a bureaucratic encounter, and easier (for me) than the long haul up to Chaeng Wattana. Also, I've read on these forums about how awful Ladprao is, but when I was there back in January I didn't have any problems and got processed just as quickly as I was today at Major Hollywood. Maybe things have changed, or maybe I've just been lucky.

• Like 1