Pollution and Songkran - advice urgently needed!

coralia

i can arrange a visit in east jerusalem during ramamdan if they want... armoured cars (antibullet glass made by my kibbutz factory) etc....

and i will sit and eat lamb every evening while they cower in their armoured rooms....

Ramadan, not ramamdansmile.png .

Thank you very much, but that won't be necessary. They have already been there. In fact, they live close by.

I guess I haven't made my point quite clear: my friend has booked this trip to Thailand without consulting me; she doesn't know anything about Thailand. She was not aware that April is the hottest month, she was not aware of the pollution problem or of the political trouble, and she has no idea what Songkran is about. I tried to tell her but she doesn't believe it's going to be that bad... I guess some stupid travel agent offered her some discounted tickets and she thought it would be a good idea to go to Thailand... She is definitely not the sort of person who would appreciate having water thrown at her!!! Her little boy is a fragile 4-year old. I tried to convince her to cancel the whole trip but she won't . At least she seems to have booked herself good hotels/resorts... Someone please tell me if they can go to the Zoo and Doi Suthep? Is there any chance that there will be lunatics throwing water in those parts of town...? And should I advise them to wear face masks?

Thanks again.

what political trouble? in Chiang Mai? i just spent 5 days in bangkok. one would never know there is any "political trouble". over-reaction.

• Like 1

Spelling problems not lack og knowlege. If they are close to 'there' where is there? Since I AM there...15min. away actually by car...just curious

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i can arrange a visit in east jerusalem during ramamdan if they want... armoured cars (antibullet glass made by my kibbutz factory) etc....

and i will sit and eat lamb every evening while they cower in their armoured rooms....

Or they can go to Dhaka for the feast of Eid and listen to the screaming animals, whilst wading through rivers of blood (and I'm not kidding).

Edited by uptheos

Gawd I remember when LOS was a place for the independent and resourceful types.

I would have classified most of them as weirdos and dirtbags. IMO, the quality of expats has improved considerably, although, of course, there are exeptions.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

Gawd I remember when LOS was a place for the independent and resourceful types.

I would have classified most of them as weirdos and dirtbags. IMO, the quality of expats has improved considerably

Yes. :(

It was so much better in the old days. If ever there was a change for the worse in Chiang Mai, this may be it.

Spelling problems not lack og knowlege. If they are close to 'there' where is there? Since I AM there...15min. away actually by car...just curious

15 minutes in which direction? just curious

On rte 1 frm tel aviv. East j-m is for occasional shopping.

Oh, I see! I thought you were in Amman or something...smile.png

Well, they live a bit further west... in Tel Aviv.

I am genuinely worried about them... I haven't heard from them since they left.sad.png And 42 degrees in Kanchanaburi today!! Is that ANYBODY's idea of a pleasant holiday???...