Thai Red Shirts mobilise to defend besieged PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Ain't this a tough one. Majority of Farangs spew forth about Red violence, ignorant masses, Shin corruption etc. I detest Thaksin as much as anyone else. But the truth of it is, these people (50 yrs old Somchai and co.) DID legitimately vote for him (or her, whoever), did win every election for the last 10 years, and have had to watch as their vote is discounted, ripped up and thrown in the bin. And they will win another election tomorrow if it were held without obstruction. Can you imagine how it feels to be a downtrodden farmer who was eventually well-represented, albeit by a populist gift-bearing snake, to then have your 'vote' declared invalid?

OK. you've got a point.

So I ask you. who should the poor farmers be angry with?

"I voted for Yingluck, now I want to protect her," said Pradit Viengdindam, a 54-year-old street vendor who recently bought life insurance in case his two children are left with no father.

Insurance do not pay if it hapend in a riot, war etc ...

No, they probably do not, but as a committed Redshirt, he is unlikely to have read the smallprint in the policy document, no doubt sold to him by an agent of Thaksin. After all, UDD/PRT have to pay for the coming battle in the usual way - with the money of the masses, rather than out of their own pockets. And Reds never ask awkward questions about the source of the wealth of their man in Dubai. Even when last time in 2010 he said he would pay out a million baht to anyone killed doing his dirty work. How many of those killed were paid this blood money I wonder? Now, they will be paying for their own funerals, while Thaksin reaps their non-payable insurance premiums. Sweet, eh? rolleyes.gif

Do they know no other words except "fight" and "battle"????

If Thaksin and Yingluck and PT has done nothing wrong or illegal, they wouldn't be facing the raft of charges they are currently. And don't give me that "politically motivated" crap, that's just deflection and a smokescreen to hide their wrongdoings.

Yeah, they know words like "voting" and "democracy", but when that avenue is denied to them then "fight" and "battle" is what inevitably follows.

I am sure they know the words "voting" and "democracy", but doubt that they actually have any idea as to what they mean. They certainly do understand fight, battle, burn, lie, steal, intimidate and violence though.

Take it you never lived in Isaan, they know full well they get to vote in an election, they have enough of them to know, local and National. They know twice the government they voted for won and has 2 times been forced out one way or another also are well aware the are considered to stupid to vote.

So what western country do you know where Democratically elected government's are regularly over thrown.

What Western country do you know where the government is ruled by a convicted criminal fugitive who's scared to come home? Or where a government openly lies, cheats, commits illegal acts, practices nepotism and denies the opposition the right to debate or vote?

Still clinging to the myth the feudal Shin family dominated PTP / UDD are supporters of democracy.

• Like 1

Ain't this a tough one. Majority of Farangs spew forth about Red violence, ignorant masses, Shin corruption etc. I detest Thaksin as much as anyone else. But the truth of it is, these people (50 yrs old Somchai and co.) DID legitimately vote for him (or her, whoever), did win every election for the last 10 years, and have had to watch as their vote is discounted, ripped up and thrown in the bin. And they will win another election tomorrow if it were held without obstruction. Can you imagine how it feels to be a downtrodden farmer who was eventually well-represented, albeit by a populist gift-bearing snake, to then have your 'vote' declared invalid?

It would be better, IMHO, if they asked those they elect to respect their votes by not being corrupt crooks that think nothing of breaking the law and using the people to fight and die for the benefit of their own egos and bank accounts.

Spalpeen, have the farmers been paid yet?

Well if they haven't then they could have expressed their dissatisfaction by voting for the Democrats. Oh no, hang on a second, the 'Democrats' didn't give them that option. And then, whoever they did vote for, their votes were chucked back in their faces by a tiny cabal of judges.

Little wonder that 'fight' and 'battle are now on the agenda. If only the rice farmers votes had been respected this wouldn't be necessary.

Or don't vote at all. PT got 8 million votes in Feb 2014 against 15 million or so in 2011. Got the message?

did you ever hear about the vote stations blockades?

• Like 1

Spalpeen, have the farmers been paid yet?

Well if they haven't then they could have expressed their dissatisfaction by voting for the Democrats. Oh no, hang on a second, the 'Democrats' didn't give them that option. And then, whoever they did vote for, their votes were chucked back in their faces by a tiny cabal of judges.

Little wonder that 'fight' and 'battle are now on the agenda. If only the rice farmers votes had been respected this wouldn't be necessary.

Or don't vote at all. PT got 8 million votes in Feb 2014 against 15 million or so in 2011. Got the message?

did you ever hear about the vote stations blockades?

Is vote buying a principle of democracy?

I'm afraid ten likes for MrToad isn't very impressive. If the Thai people read this farang language forum I'd have 15 million 'likes', and that's the only statistic that matters in this country.

Someone asked about the statistics from the recent election. Well, we don't know because it was subverted by a tiny clique of anti-democracy people. But fortunately there is one statistic we can state with total certainty......the number of votes cast for the 'Democrat' party......ZERO!

Totally correct, no votes cast for the Democrat Party.

Mind you they didn't register and therefor weren't on the ballot papers. Imagine what some here would say if those subverted statistics on the fab4 elections listed votes casts for them rolleyes.gif

I'm afraid ten likes for MrToad isn't very impressive. If the Thai people read this farang language forum I'd have 15 million 'likes', and that's the only statistic that matters in this country.

Someone asked about the statistics from the recent election. Well, we don't know because it was subverted by a tiny clique of anti-democracy people. But fortunately there is one statistic we can state with total certainty......the number of votes cast for the 'Democrat' party......ZERO!

So you are saying that you would get 15 mil likes - double the vote that the PT got in the poll in Feb

Can you type one handed?

This thread has rapidly descended into a racist rant against the intelligence and integrity of the ordinary voters of Thailand.

There is nothing racist on here silly head. Take a hike with the lying and trolling, please. You sound like some NAACP advocate from CNN or some rubbish.

We can digress the mentality and thinking of voting and voting results. That is not racist whatsoever. You're pitiful.

A few quotes from just one page of this thread so far......"They certainly do understand fight, battle, burn, lie, steal, intimidate.....vote buying and intimidating......poor brainwashed people......they know very little actually.....like monkeys with fire.......".

Just a non stop stream of contempt for the Thai people. Pathetic.

And I guess condoning violence as you do constantly is OK, which surely is just another form of contempt of the Thai people.

and a further example of contempt (a feeling that someone or something is not worthy of any respect or approval), is Spalpeen's answer to the question.... "Spalpeen, have the farmers been paid yet?" is - "Well if they haven't then they could have expressed their dissatisfaction by voting for the Democrats"

• Like 1

If Thaksin and Yingluck and PT has done nothing wrong or illegal, they wouldn't be facing the raft of charges they are currently. And don't give me that "politically motivated" crap, that's just deflection and a smokescreen to hide their wrongdoings.

All the Thai Governments are corrupt, but are-

The red shirts democratically elected each time because of the elite yellow shirts perpetuating a backward education system all these years?

The Elite right wing are not able to accept democracy as it erodes the power they have held for century's over the uneducated poor.

One way or another, elite royalist yellow shirts and the poorer uneducated red shirts have been fighting for or against democracy for decades around the world.

There aren't ANY country's around the world where the elitists in the end win outright.

Yet subtly ( not a word the Thais are YET familiar with ) ''they'' remain in control.

Education is the ONLY way forward.So I feel we have decades of problems to follow.

Until you change the education system here, its going to be ground hog day for a very long time to come.

Meanwhile the yellow shirts have got what they wished for.
An uneducated people to control.
They just didn't bank on it being a red shirt controlling them.
  • Like 1

All the Thai Governments are corrupt, but are-

The red shirts democratically elected each time because of the elite yellow shirts perpetuating a backward education system all these years?

The Elite right wing are not able to accept democracy as it erodes the power they have held for century's over the uneducated poor.

One way or another, elite royalist yellow shirts and the poorer uneducated red shirts have been fighting for or against democracy for decades around the world.

There aren't ANY country's around the world where the elitists in the end win outright.

Yet subtly ( not a word the Thais are YET familiar with ) ''they'' remain in control.

Education is the ONLY way forward.So I feel we have decades of problems to follow.

Until you change the education system here, its going to be ground hog day for a very long time to come.

Meanwhile the yellow shirts have got what they wished for.
An uneducated people to control.
They just didn't bank on it being a red shirt controlling them.

You seem to forget that the 2001 - 2006 period, 2008 and 2011 till now with Thaksin 'inspired' governments the only need for education improvement seems to have been to make sure foreign companies would still find a cheap workforce in Thailand.

• Like 1

Dear red shirts, there' enough food for free,.... the 2-3 year old stocked up rice that the farmers worked their behinds off and paid with their lives. If you hardcore redshirts wanna be useful, just eat it all up, no need for more 500-1000 Baht daily Thaksin tea money....

While far from a battle-ready militia, the ranks of sun-weathered rice farmers brim with determination to prevent opposition protesters in Bangkok toppling Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

I wonder if they are prepared to kill the sun-weathered rice farmers who haven't been paid, because they don't live in Issan.

Highly unlikely any thai rice farmers are there this author must have an aneurysm or something.

Its funny how the reds have been filmed and photographed signing on paid Burmese and Cambodian workers to demonstrate for them many of them can't even read or write.

This article is pure and utter rubbish.

in any western democracy all the members would be in jail for corruption, thaksin would be in there with them and the party dissolved and no members ever allowed to start another one plus banned for life. Theere would also behave charges and jail for many people for taking bribes to vote for them but TIT and the same laws do not apply.

The other thing is the boundaries for representation would be evened up so that the whole country got a fair say in who was elected, not just have one region deciding for everyone, the voting boundaries(electorates) are simply fixed to feather the ptp nest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey seajae,

Any details on what specifically is wrong with the current voting boundaries? Any examples? I haven't seen this mentioned on Thai Visa before now.

I don't see any obvious bias. I do wonder a bit about the 2011 change to only 375 directly elected MP's and 125 party list MP's (changed from the previous 400 direct, 80 party list), and I don't understand the bias there? Please note that I have no expertise in this and would like to understand better.

I think he means in relation to the senate vote, like how each province gets to vote in one senator, so a small province with say 200,000 people gets the same number of senators as Bangkok with all it's millions of people, meaning that the less densely populated north and north east gets a disproportionately high influence. I agree with that, it is a bit off. They used to do the same in Ireland where they would change the voting boundaries to favour the Catholic / Protestant populations to try and make sure they would get a majority in their favour. I believe there is a word for this practice, I forget it right now...

Gerrymandering. A thoroughly undemocratic process raised to a fine art in the US.

• Like 2

in any western democracy all the members would be in jail for corruption, thaksin would be in there with them and the party dissolved and no members ever allowed to start another one plus banned for life. Theere would also behave charges and jail for many people for taking bribes to vote for them but TIT and the same laws do not apply.

The other thing is the boundaries for representation would be evened up so that the whole country got a fair say in who was elected, not just have one region deciding for everyone, the voting boundaries(electorates) are simply fixed to feather the ptp nest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey seajae,

Any details on what specifically is wrong with the current voting boundaries? Any examples? I haven't seen this mentioned on Thai Visa before now.

I don't see any obvious bias. I do wonder a bit about the 2011 change to only 375 directly elected MP's and 125 party list MP's (changed from the previous 400 direct, 80 party list), and I don't understand the bias there? Please note that I have no expertise in this and would like to understand better.

I think he means in relation to the senate vote, like how each province gets to vote in one senator, so a small province with say 200,000 people gets the same number of senators as Bangkok with all it's millions of people, meaning that the less densely populated north and north east gets a disproportionately high influence. I agree with that, it is a bit off. They used to do the same in Ireland where they would change the voting boundaries to favour the Catholic / Protestant populations to try and make sure they would get a majority in their favour. I believe there is a word for this practice, I forget it right now...

Gerrymandering. A thoroughly undemocratic process raised to a fine art in the US.

Gerrymandering - thank you sir. Will try to remember it this time :D

Highly unlikely any thai rice farmers are there this author must have an aneurysm or something.

Its funny how the reds have been filmed and photographed signing on paid Burmese and Cambodian workers to demonstrate for them many of them can't even read or write.

Evidence ???

Evidence ???

Of course not............

The hi-so trouble makers don't yet realize what they've started. If they do, they are exhibiting reckless disregard for their own lives and the lives of countless others. Once they stepped outside the electoral process (and not just once, but numerous times), they set the stage for conflict beyond the ballot box.

When the Thai version of Bastille Day finally arrives, which is appearing to be imminent, the hi-so trouble makers had better all be wearing iron collars. They are seriously outnumbered and Northern Thais are physically stronger and have much less to lose. They also have a well-armed police force and plenty of watermelon soldiers on their side. The hi-so elitists have danced to the music for long enough and it is now time to pay the piper. All expats residing in Thailand had better have a Plan B because it is likely to get very messy.

Yet another one who is pro violence. Shame on you!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The hi-so trouble makers don't yet realize what they've started. If they do, they are exhibiting reckless disregard for their own lives and the lives of countless others. Once they stepped outside the electoral process (and not just once, but numerous times), they set the stage for conflict beyond the ballot box.

When the Thai version of Bastille Day finally arrives, which is appearing to be imminent, the hi-so trouble makers had better all be wearing iron collars. They are seriously outnumbered and Northern Thais are physically stronger and have much less to lose. They also have a well-armed police force and plenty of watermelon soldiers on their side. The hi-so elitists have danced to the music for long enough and it is now time to pay the piper. All expats residing in Thailand had better have a Plan B because it is likely to get very messy.

I know the likes of you would prefer that the rural folk bend over and take it - but this time around it ain't going to happen

• Like 1

I know the likes of you would prefer that the rural folk bend over and take it - but this time around it ain't going to happen

PTP have bent them over and shafted them.

Tell, me have the farmers been paid ?

Guessing another new arrival into Isan.

Evidence ???

Of course not............

I have seen two of them already. Just google and you shall see

Lost track here.

Can some one update me on how many arms they have managed to stockpile and how many of the 600,000 soldiers they have signed up to promote democracy?

For those facts you will need to SKYPE The Desert Coward

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PTP have bent them over and shafted them.

Tell, me have the farmers been paid ?

Guessing another new arrival into Isan.

No, I don't live there actuallyrolleyes.gif

But if they are that upset about not being paid, I am quite sure this will be reflected in an ELECTIONthumbsup.gif

BUT nothing will be solved by trying to appoint someone undemocraticallybah.gif

• Like 1