Soda and children

watgate

sell soda, make money.

what did you say?

oh, you want the little man to do the right thing.

"oh, you want the little man to do the right thing."

Might be better if some of the really big farang practiced what they're so good at preaching about. Talking the talk is so much easier than walking the walk.

And, once again, farang wisdom & advice tends to be readily dispensed here in Thailand, but mostly ignored back in farang utopia ... and random observations of farang waddling about in Thailand aren't very inspirational when it comes to healthy lifestyles.

obesityprevalence.png

Interesting that the Mediterranean diet is pushed so hard, yet two countries Spain and Italy have a high rate of obesity.

I'm very surprised Australia isn't brown......how old is this map?

Me to, 9 years old I guess. Just returned from 3 weeks in Australia and obesity is a huge problem and increasing .Its the first thing you notice as you arrive. We have 2nd or 3rd generation fatties, so the kids think XXXL size is "normal" when their parents are obese. When school sport became only optional ,when junk food outlets spread like wild fire and now the computer age is it any wonder? In my school days,albeit a long time ago,an overweight child was a rarity now its the norm. I am surprised the Philippines isn't higher.their giant bottles of Coca Cola are big sellers and with Marlboro cigarettes a legacy of American influence. I believe the incidence of diabetes in the Phil is incredibly high. All gets back to lack of...........education

I always try and order soda water for my kids, and have found on numerous occasions that the waitress will suggest cola is better for them.

They seem to associate soda water with whiskey.I am pretty sure soda water has sugar in it also.

I am pretty sure soda water has sugar in it also.

I limit myself to one bottle a day of it.

Also one bottle (1 1/2 liter) of Pepsi Max a day.

Also about two to three liters a day of water.

On top of all that I drink one cup of coffee with out sugar in it.

You are worried about sugar, but you poison yourself with that much aspartame?

Not in the least worried about all that sugar it has nothing to do with my life. I get enough in processed food. Also a good daily dose of cinnamon and I have a good blood sugar level. Noooo problemento.

Aspartame is like any thing else not for every one. Many negative reports on it from the sugar companies. It is actually the most researched product approved by the FDA in the states. Years of research.

I do feel sorry for those of you who are allergic to it. You are missing a treat.

sell soda, make money.

what did you say?

Might be better if some of the really big farang practiced what they're so good at preaching about. Talking the talk is so much easier than walking the walk.

And, once again, farang wisdom & advice tends to be readily dispensed here in Thailand, but mostly ignored back in farang utopia ... and random observations of farang waddling about in Thailand aren't very inspirational when it comes to healthy lifestyles.

obesityprevalence.png

Interesting that the Mediterranean diet is pushed so hard, yet two countries Spain and Italy have a high rate of obesity.

Me to, 9 years old I guess. Just returned from 3 weeks in Australia and obesity is a huge problem and increasing .Its the first thing you notice as you arrive. We have 2nd or 3rd generation fatties, so the kids think XXXL size is "normal" when their parents are obese. When school sport became only optional ,when junk food outlets spread like wild fire and now the computer age is it any wonder? In my school days,albeit a long time ago,an overweight child was a rarity now its the norm. I am surprised the Philippines isn't higher.their giant bottles of Coca Cola are big sellers and with Marlboro cigarettes a legacy of American influence. I believe the incidence of diabetes in the Phil is incredibly high. All gets back to lack of...........education

LOL..they are getting the "Western Style" munchies....... just take a looky at the map. I am totally embarrassed.

sell soda, make money.

what did you say?

obesityprevalence.png

LOL..they are getting the "Western Style" munchies....... just take a looky at the map. I am totally embarrassed.

I don't have a comment. Just wanted to see the map posted again because seven is my lucky number.

• Like 1

sell soda, make money.

what did you say?

obesityprevalence.png

Eight is my lucky number

• Like 1

Plenty mobile food stalls and drink stalls parked outside the school gates well stocked with all the healthy options for the kids to walk the gauntlet and want hotdogs and coke with a dash of full fat ice cream on to that lot.

obesityprevalence.png

Eight is my lucky number

I like 13wai.gif

sell soda, make money.

what did you say?

obesityprevalence.png

Philippines and Thailand not surveyed according to this map

Yes indeed... Why oh Why is Thailand not more like the Nanny State which so many of us decided to run away from because of its overbearing patronising attitude to almost everything we did. Why can't there be more Health and Safety Regulations, more tax, more road safety, more consumer protection law, more health surveys, more building regulations, more surveillance cameras, more immigration, more different colours of trash bins, more parking meters, more licenses for everything, more warning signs, more land for rich foreigners to buy up....

Thailand would be a real paradise if only it could be the same as the countries we ran away from.....

All we have here is the opportunity for personal and parental responsibility for our own children...

Edited by bangon04

Yes indeed... Why oh Why is Thailand not more like the Nanny State which so many of us decided to run away from because of its overbearing patronising attitude to almost everything we did. Why can't there be more Health and Safety Regulations, more tax, more road safety, more consumer protection law, more health surveys, more building regulations, more surveillance cameras, more immigration, more different colours of trash bins, more parking meters, more licenses for everything, more warning signs, more land for rich foreigners to buy up....

Thailand would be a real paradise if only it could be the same as the countries we ran away from.....

All we have here is the opportunity for personal and parental responsibility for our own children...

" personal and parental responsibility for our own children..."

Which is failing miserably in promoting their health and well being.

I must say the above is an impressive hodgepodge of unrelated boogeyman issues that libertarians and anarchists fear and despise.

Not to worry, just look around. I have Filipino children aged 14-37....none are fat...and none of their friends either. In fact, very few overweight people in the Philippines and Thailand.... Less than 5 percent. Lets take a look at that map again. We are the problem.....

I had one fat friend of mine who lives in Krabi. He used to grab the candy away from the kids...but then go to the ice cream store and but one supersized frosty, and eat a small one while he waited for them to whip the big one. Dumber than a bunch of rocks.

What do you consider fat? I see them everywhere.

I am trying not to display the map again..lol.

Pretty evident they are all over the western countries.

Saw a few here, my gal 's daughter is hefty, and I saw a few overweight (obviously fat) children. It was not the norm.

Nothing like in the western countries.