Accident prevention group calls for alcohol-free Songkran

webfact

Last year's death toll was 321, or 46 deaths per day. The normal daily average is 38 traffic deaths per day. Therefore, statistically, it isn't really any more dangerous to drive during Songkran than during a regular day.

er I think 46 is some what more than 38, did you go to a Thai School?

Last year's death toll was 321, or 46 deaths per day. The normal daily average is 38 traffic deaths per day. Therefore, statistically, it isn't really any more dangerous to drive during Songkran than during a regular day.

If you factor in the massive increase in road traffic (i.e. passenger miles/kilometres travelled), Songkran is probably a safer time on the roads, statistically speaking.

• Like 1

If you factor in the massive increase in road traffic (i.e. passenger miles/kilometres travelled), Songkran is probably a safer time on the roads, statistically speaking.

Could well be fact. We have not to forget the figures we are given we have to believe and also they are the numbers that actually die at the scene.

Add on the numbers were not given and add on the numbers that die in hospital or on their way there.

I look at these figures as a total reverse of TAT (tourism) arrivals) one under one over. Fits the Thai image.

• Like 1

Statistically, without checking the statistics, I'm going out on a limb by suggesting that during xmas, new year, labour day, national day (eg 4th july or Australia day), or etc, in any country, road death go up..

Why be surprised that they go up some 20% in Thailand, given figures quoted earlier (assuming they are right).

Responsible governments (administrations) tackle this with effective policing and enforcement of both law and punishment.

Until Thailand addresses this, there will be no change to the status quo... But as we (expats) are willingly living in LOS, who are we to complain, as our very presence, arguably (and I'm sure some will), perpetuates the status quo

Wheres numbnuts?

i would ask all Thais to get really drunk as soon as possible during songkran ,

because drunk people will not drive or for sure not very far ,so less drivers on the street .....less accidents ?

At least 1 thing they will do as asked ?coffee1.gif