True Move Intersim Cut Off What can I do

bmanly

Hello forum, I have a truemove intersim that I purchased about 3 years ago. I have plenty of credit in it and it wasn't due to expire until September 2014.

In the last week it has been cut off. I am in Australia and it has been set on global roaming so I can get One Time Passwords so I can do internet banking with K Bank. It has worked fine for the last 3 years and I have plenty of credit and time left on it.

Without the sim working I can not receive the One Time Password to do internet banking. What has happened and what can do? Can I get it going somehow? I am not due to return to Thailand until next Month? Thank you.

Maybe try to contact TrueMove to see if you can recover your number?

Call +66 8 9 100 1331

Do you have a TrueMove SIM? Or a TrueMove H SIM?

TrueMove's service was due to end Sep. 2013, but they got a lifeline until Sep. 2014, not sure if this somehow impacted your service. You may want to port out to TrueMove H?

TrueMove H recently modified their validity/expiry allowing up to 365 days, with any top-up of as little as 10 baht adding 30 days each time.

TrueMove H recently modified their validity/expiry allowing up to 365 days, with any top-up of as little as 10 baht adding 30 days each time.

I think this has caused the OP's problem. And I suspect that his number stopped working on or around the 18th of March.

He should have received an SMS advising him of this (I did), but it may have been in Thai if he hasnt altered his default language.

The 10B top-up (actually 12B with the fee) is only available from machines in Thailand. Anyone outside the country would have to use another system (online bank transfer, or calling True and topping-up via a credit/debit card) which I think would involve a minimum top-up of 50B for which you still only get the same 30 days.

The answer is to make multiple 10B (12B) top-ups in the machine when in Thailand as this will allow you to extend validity up to 360 days.

Maybe try to contact TrueMove to see if you can recover your number?

Call +66 8 9 100 1331

Do you have a TrueMove SIM? Or a TrueMove H SIM?

TrueMove's service was due to end Sep. 2013, but they got a lifeline until Sep. 2014, not sure if this somehow impacted your service. You may want to port out to TrueMove H?

I got a Truemove SIM and I got the message last year. As I was going to be back in Thailand in May 2014 I thought I would have plenty of time to get this sorted.

I had plenty of credit in it and I last used it 7 days ago but today, nothing, no signal. I can't go online to top up because the One Time Password will be sent to that sim and of course it doesn't work now.

Looks like I'm stuffed until I get there.

Call True, they'll likely re-instate your SIM/number/account for a small fee deducted from your existing pre-paid balance - problem solved.

Or just ask someone in Thailand to go to a top-up machine, deposit 12 baht, problem solved.

Or ask someone in Thailand to go to a 7/11 or a True Shop and add value to your account.

I suspect it will be "recoverable" for at least 30 days, maybe longer?

You should port out to TrueMove H as TrueMove's service will hard-stop on 15 Sep. 2014.

Call True, they'll likely re-instate your SIM/number/account for a small fee deducted from your existing pre-paid balance - problem solved.

Or just ask someone in Thailand to go to a top-up machine, deposit 12 baht, problem solved.

Or ask someone in Thailand to go to a 7/11 or a True Shop and add value to your account.

I suspect it will be "recoverable" for at least 30 days, maybe longer?

You should port out to TrueMove H as TrueMove's service will hard-stop on 15 Sep. 2014.

Hello, I called True Move today. The lady said that right now they are moving customers over to True Move H. She checked my number and id number on sim and said "yes ok I see, I would recommend you drop into a True Move shop and get upgraded." I said I was not in Thailand and could she get my number going just for another 30 days until I arrive. She said it has been refereed to a case manager who will attend to my problem in 2 or 3 days as there are problems with the upgrades. I asked what do I do next, she said wait 3 days and try using your phone again.

Is there any point to do a top up at this stage? Or should I wait the 3 days?

Can you ask someone in Thailand to add value to your number for you?

A top-up may recover the number but if it is in the MNP process who knows what may happen.

Maybe waiting a few days, or until you return, is the best option?

Update: I have loaded this sim with a further 50 baht but it is still not working.

I am not at all surprised. If you keep on to them you may able to achieve something but I think you will need to emphasise the switch to TrueH aspect rather than the expiry aspect.

Good luck.

3 days and nothing.

I just find it so frustrating, you go to all the trouble of buying a sim, keeping it for many years, loading it with plenty of credit and expiry (up to Sept. 2014), activating global roaming and then linking that sim for your OTP's with internet banking and then they cut it off. As someone said, they did send an sms saying that you still have until Sept. 2014 before you need to migrate your service. You take all that on board and do it all correctly and then they cut it off prematurely when you are overseas. It's not really a good customer service is it?

I will call again tomorrow and see how I go.

Based on all the details you've posted I think you'll be fine.

It sounds like TrueMove proactively ported you from TrueMove to TrueMove H, which is a good thing as TrueMove's service will end Sep. 15, 2014, - they probably assumed you were in Thailand, and during this process your international roaming was disabled, or the new TrueMove H subsidiary does not yet have a roaming partner in your country, or the new partner offers service on a frequency which your phone does not support.

Maybe just plan to sort this out when you arrive in May?

Ok, I got on to True Move chat. We did a few things like change the phones and went from 2G to 3G and pulled SIMS out and then put them back in. Off and on a few times and still not working.

The chat staff think there is a problem with my SIM and if I bring it in they will replace the SIM with same number free of charge. She said it all appears to be working ok, can not see any problem and has credit and validity until Sept. 14.

OK, thanks for your help guys, i have exhausted all avenues, cheers.

She said it all appears to be working ok, can not see any problem and has credit and validity until Sept. 14.

That has got to be good news. It may not be possible to get it working without visiting a True shop in Thailand but at least they should be able to do it when you get here.

I was getting a lot of SMSs from true in Thai , but my old flip phone does not show Thai so I got blacked out spaces.

I left BKK April 5th and it was still working , do I need to worry about it before July ?

also when will my old 2g Motorola flip phone not work anymore ? it is an Intersim I got years ago

thanks for your help

I was getting a lot of SMSs from true in Thai , but my old flip phone does not show Thai so I got blacked out spaces.

I left BKK April 5th and it was still working , do I need to worry about it before July ?

also when will my old 2g Motorola flip phone not work anymore ? it is an Intersim I got years ago

If #123# works from where you are it will show your current validity.

If it is short or doesnt work I think you should make 3 or 4 top ups of the minimum amount (10+2B) via the machines in front of 7/11s to be certain of retaining your number and credit. If you arent here you can get a friend in Thailand to do it for you, and they can be done successively. Each top-up adds 30 days validity. Do not make one larger top-up as this will still only get you 30 days. Then in July you can see about switching to TrueH (free).

Ok, I got on to True Move chat. We did a few things like change the phones and went from 2G to 3G and pulled SIMS out and then put them back in. Off and on a few times and still not working.

The chat staff think there is a problem with my SIM and if I bring it in they will replace the SIM with same number free of charge. She said it all appears to be working ok, can not see any problem and has credit and validity until Sept. 14.

OK, thanks for your help guys, i have exhausted all avenues, cheers.

Have you been able to determine if they have ported you out of TrueMove (MCC/MNC: 520-99) and into TrueMove H (520-00) or into Real Future (520-04)?

What is the make and model of your phone?

What country are you currently in, and which local provider had you used successfully before?

Current TrueMove IR partners:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_services/roaming_services/entry/615

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/international_services/roaming_services/entry/618

https://www3.truecorp.co.th/assets/files/Website-RF-Post-IR-Tariff-1-Mar-2014.pdf

I guess it could be a SIM issue, or a local partner connectivity issue, or the local partner is not able to authorize your SIM.

lomatopo, I have an Alcatel 3G smartphone and a Binatone GSM900 and DCS1800 network ordinary phone.

The True move SIM does not work in either since about 12 days ago (worked ok for the previous 3 years). I also have a 3G DTAC SIM and that works in both phones. I do not think there is any problems with the phones.

On the 3 links you provided the 3rd. one does not show anything about Australia, that is where I am now. On the first link it shows Telstra and Vodaphone as partners. I don't understand the 3rd link as it is in Thai but Australia isn't on that list.

I don't know if they ported me or not, but I told them on 3 separate occasions that it all worked fine until a few days ago. The response on 3 separate occasions was, it all appears normal and they can not see why it doesn't work.

Can anyone confirm, will a TRUE MOVE H sim work in Australia? There is no use me replacing/upgrading this sim when I get there if it won't work in Australia. Anyone?

My best guess, at this point, is that TrueMove ported you from TrueMove to RealFuture, but that's just a guess. I suspect that if they had ported you to TrueMove H you would be able to roam onto either Telstra or Vodafone. RealFuture may not yet have roaming partners in Australia or has not yet extended their roaming agreement to cover RealFuture (2100 MHz) customers.

Do you know which 3G bands your Alcatel 3G smartphone supports?

If your DTAC SIM works you may want to change the telephone number at your bank? I had to do this recently (SCB and BBL), and it required an in-person visit, with passbook and passport.

You can buy extended validity, for a reasonable fee of 3 baht per 30 days, with DTAC via the Day Giveaway service. http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/freeday.html

Do you know which 3G bands your Alcatel 3G smartphone supports?

From the specs of my phone:

UMTS:
Dual-band 900/2100 MHz
and
GSM/GPRS/EDGE:
Quad-band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
(Band frequency and data speed are operator
dependent.)
Yes I agree, might have to change phone numbers for my internet banking.