Setting Up High Speed Net For Short Term Lease Condo

Fatboi

Hi There,

I've just leased a 3 month condo with slow internet speed can anyone recommend what options I have to upgrade to another provider without a long contract as I need high speed up and down for work.
Will need it installed as well and a router provided along with tech support in English.
Thanks.
B

Without an expensive install you could see if there are wifi hotspots such as True, 3BB, or Dtac which is 99thb for 10mbps which I use 3bb and the speed is great and I have downloaded over 10gb in 1 night and never had any issues of downloading limits. Your other option is to get a 3G internet stick/hub which I believe is 5gb of download for 800thb and that includes a free wifi hotspot password depending on the company. The 3G stick is my go to when I go to my wife's hometown when I need internet and they dont have a connection. Its more expensive option but you dont have to pay install costs and for 3 months thats not really an option.

• Like 1

I doubt you'd be able to get any type of decent fixed-line broadband without satisfying a minimum 12 month contract/commitment; we support many, many customers and we've always had to buy out the remaining contract if we terminated early. That said, some have reported success here, but the details have always been scant. Even AIS AirNET (PtP Wireless BB, not 3G) requires a 12 month contract.

Can you "see" any WiFi AP's nearby, if so and they appear to be from paid service providers, then buy a pre-paid service from them. As mentioned, AIS and TrueMove H may be options for both 3G and WiFi, they really have the best/most affiliated (3BB and True WiFi respectively) WiFi plans. Most higher tier (399 - 899; 1 - 5 GB) mobile data plans from TrueMove H and AIS come with unlimited WiFi.

Edited by lomatopo

What if the OP was willing to pay 3,000-5,000 per month for the service, would his options increase?

Edit to add: In the Pattaya/Jomtien area.

Edited by Windy

As far as I know the only monthly physical connection option in Pattaya/Jomtien would be cable broadband. Sophon certainly do one month contracts. Not sure about what the other two cable providers here do.

I pay Sophon 700B which suits me. They have other faster packages up to 3.5K/month.

True Wifi also works in Pattaya/Jomtien.

It is possible to take a 12 month contract paid in advance for say a 590 Baht package (the cheapest)

You can then upgrade the package and pay only the high price for the time you need it.

You simply forfeit the remaining time.