Samsung Note 8, MBK Return policies and selling

torals

Hi

Yesterday I bought a Samsung Note 8.0 16GB 3G , brand new from MBK.

Unknown to me today, after telling my parents I was looking for a tablet, today they went and bought me an Ipad which was considerably more expensive. I didn't want to tell them I had already bought one so my plan is to somehow take back the Note.

Do I stand any chance of returning it to the shop?

If I don't where would be the best place to sell it and how much would I likely lose on it, even though it is 1 day old and still has 1 year warranty

Thanks

You don't mention which shop you bought it from - there are many in MBK. My first reaction, if you have carefully saved the box and all of the packaging, would be to suggest that you repackage it nicely, return it to the shop and see if they will give you all or most of your money back. The bigger the shop and the better the condition the box and packing materials are in, the better your chances. If the shop won't take it back then you could sell it as a used item. Most likely the lower the price the quicker the sale. Good luck!

It's going to be up to the shop if they will let you return it. I doubt they will. You are probably going to have to sell it. Try to get the best deal you can for it. Try the classifieds here. Craigslist is popular. Then, post it on the relevant facebook pages (ie: Bangkok Expats, DS Bangkok, etc.)

In that case, I think that there's a good chance that the shop will let you return it, especially if you agree to let them refund less than what you paid for it. The shop can sell it again as an unused but opened item. You didn't say how much you paid for it but a thousand-baht loss might be acceptable if you don't want to go through the hassle of advertising it and selling it yourself. You can decide which is most valuable to you - the time or the money. Good luck!

Keep in mind that it sells for 12,350 on Lazada. You would have to go lower than that if you were to sell it yourself. It's a nice machine though. Please PM me if you must sell it on your own. Maybe we can make a deal.

I think Thai law says you can exchange it within 7 days if defective. After that you need to give it for repair. No way any shop will allow you to return it for a full refund even shops like powerbuy etc.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by sniffdog

I think Thai law says you can exchange it within 7 days if defective. After that you need to give it for repair. No way any shop will allow you to return it for a full refund even shops like powerbuy etc.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I just returned an SDS hammer drill to Homemart. It was unused but the warranty card filled in.. full refund .. they tipexxed the card..last year got a portable hard drive from Tesco. Realised that it would need a power supply to use how I wanted, took it back. Full refund!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app