Advice / Help Required

lpe_69

Having recently spent 3 months in Samui and surrounding Islands i met a few Farang who were living in Thailand and earning money by selling products on Ebay / sending boxes of tshirts / watches etc etc back to England to be sold.

Does anyone know anhything about this ? the ease ? customs, postal costs, experience of doing this ?

am considering a return to Thailand and wondering if this is a relaistic option.

Having recently spent 3 months in Samui and surrounding Islands i met a few Farang who were living in Thailand and earning money by selling products on Ebay / sending boxes of tshirts / watches etc etc back to England to be sold.

Does anyone know anhything about this ? the ease ? customs, postal costs, experience of doing this ?

am considering a return to Thailand and wondering if this is a relaistic option.

You have no idea how many people have come on this forum asking the same exact question you just asked. Everyone falls in love with the LOS, wants a quick, easy fix to staying here, and always thinks that selling the cheap stuff they can buy in LOS to their native country will keep them in Thailand. If you found something to sell that no one else is selling already (fat chance) and you were able to ship it cheaply, then you would have a winner. Chances of you finding this elusive product are slim to none. Sorry!

You honestly don't believe that anyone successful in this sort of business will tell you how it is done, just so they can create another competitor? :o

I fear you'll have to do what everybody else does when starting a business - find a product, find a market, make your mistakes, and don't tell anyone how you do it if you get successful.

Go to ebay.com

Search for Thailand, Bangkok, Siam.

See what is selling and copy them.

Shipping costs can eat you alive.

Shipping time is a problem.

One item sent, goes missing and your feedback could get damaged.

Customs fees can be a problem.

Restricted items are trouble.

Thailand has a rap for corruption, a tough sell.

Typical ebay scams will bite you occasionally.

All that said, some do make money with ebay.

Go to ebay.com

Search for Thailand, Bangkok, Siam.

See what is selling and copy them.

Shipping costs can eat you alive.

Shipping time is a problem.

One item sent, goes missing and your feedback could get damaged.

Customs fees can be a problem.

Restricted items are trouble.

Thailand has a rap for corruption, a tough sell.

Typical ebay scams will bite you occasionally.

All that said, some do make money with ebay.

yes money is easily made on line....as suggested make a study of the market...trial run a few items....i would even build up a feedback prior to going to los...think even the product does not even need to be from thailand...i would suggest selling small light weight items..postage is cheaper that way...but try a few larger items...but postage will be a killer....i have made over 2500 sales on e-bay now...and can sell products from any where in the world...give it a try...take a few products back to your home and trial sell some 1st....