Hua Hin for Songkran

Bangkokbutcher

Hi all,

I'm considering taking my 3 kids (10, 13 & 14 years) to Hua Hin for a few days over Songkran.

Have any of you got any suggestions for an ok quality hotel or guest house that would be located in a lively area where my kids would get very wet over the festive season?

I would need the hotel to have a large family room (2 double or 3 single beds), a car park and be fairly central to where the main activities will happen. A bar and restaurant would be nice also.

Any advice and contact details would be appreciated.

Hi there, you could try the Hua Hin After Dark Forum, or Hua Hin Forum, loads of info there, and a lot of Farangs with good local knowledge. In H.H. they typically only celebrate water play for a couple of days unlike the two weeks in Chiang Mai. Hope you all enjoy your stay. thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

Hi there, you could try the Hua Hin After Dark Forum, or Hua Hin Forum, loads of info there, and a lot of Farangs with good local knowledge. In H.H. they typically only celebrate water play for a couple of days unlike the two weeks in Chiang Mai. Hope you all enjoy your stay. thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

2 Weeks in Cm !! more like 3 or 4 days.

Which days are the bars going to be throwing water? I expected it would be Sunday but my girlfriend (who is Thai) seems to think Tuesday. It seems unlikely that the main day would be on a Tuesday to me....hopefully it'll be Saturday night and all of Sunday when it kicks off in Hua Hin...any ideas?

Which days are the bars going to be throwing water? I expected it would be Sunday but my girlfriend (who is Thai) seems to think Tuesday. It seems unlikely that the main day would be on a Tuesday to me....hopefully it'll be Saturday night and all of Sunday when it kicks off in Hua Hin...any ideas?

Songkran starts on Sunday so normally the bar area will start on the Saturday night then all day Sunday, finished after Sunday night