Recommended Beaches/resort In Koh Samet

chivasgeo

My family MAY be going there by late September...is it a good time of year to go there? Anyone have suggestions/comments on ANY beaches/resort on Koh Samet? Thanks in advanced.

My friend just came over from Aus and his missus decided to go to Ko Samet looking for the idyllic beach, they only stayed one night, cos the overriding feeling they got was that they were the big tourist in the idyllic location and they will pay. The quality of the accommodation was stated as 3 star they said it was one star at 5 star price 3200bht , 1000bht more than their river view room in Bangkok Montien the weekend before.

They did manage to not pay the 200bht each national park admission charge (20bht for Thai) required to access their hotel because the lady threw a fit.

I think island status is overated try down the coast around the Samet area Wangkeaw Gardens is like a mini National park, has a great almost private beach with no one on it right in front of apartment you can rent for 1500 bht per night, 1 bed and living two balconies overlooking sea. If you want further info PM me.

Location idyllic downside lovely beach could do with a clean up.

The reason I know about this is because I just bought in there. (I am not promoting my apartment!)

Edited by fisherd3

My family MAY be going there by late September...is it a good time of year to go there? Anyone have suggestions/comments on ANY beaches/resort on Koh Samet? Thanks in advanced.

My friend just came over from Aus and his missus decided to go to Ko Samet looking for the idyllic beach, they only stayed one night, cos the overriding feeling they got was that they were the big tourist in the idyllic location and they will pay. The quality of the accommodation was stated as 3 star they said it was one star at 5 star price 3200bht , 1000bht more than their river view room in Bangkok Montien the weekend before.

They did manage to not pay the 200bht each national park admission charge (20bht for Thai) required to access their hotel because the lady threw a fit.

I think island status is overated try down the coast around the Samet area Wangkeaw Gardens is like a mini National park, has a great almost private beach with no one on it right in front of apartment you can rent for 1500 bht per night, 1 bed and living two balconies overlooking sea. If you want further info PM me.

Location idyllic downside lovely beach could do with a clean up.

The reason I know about this is because I just bought in there. (I am not promoting my apartment!)

Thats the problem in Thailand for many tourist or falangs...price hikes for everything.... Well I am half Thai/Half filipino (raised in USA) my wife is 100% Thai, so if I don't say a word and let her do all the talking, I am sure we can avoid the falang prices....What beach did your friend stay at? Do you know which beach offers the most FUN activities (for tourists with a family, that type of FUN ;-))

Thanks for the offer!

Edited by chivasgeo

And i'm sure she was very pleased with herself.. :D

totster :o

The best beach by far is Sai Keaw, its the cleanest beach I have ever seen and the sand is like walking on coffee mate, there are lots of bars/resteraunts the full length of the bay and a couple of small discos

As mentioned before the prices are a bit high 700b up for very basic accomodation (just a bed in a room and a cold water shower) 1000b gets you the same but a hot shower (personally I don't care about the room I only use it for sleeping)

The best time to go is midweek as a lot of Thais go at weekends

If you stay in Pattaya Malibu Samet travel (on Soi Yamoto) will get you there for 500b per person (round trip and boat included)

Taxi's on the island are extreemly expensive but the only safe way to travel cos the unmade roads are a nightmare for motorbikes

But as I say Sai Keaw is the only place worth going to anyway and for 2 or 3 nights you won't get bored

I've stayed all over the island ... lots of good places ... depends on your needs/budget

I stayed in nice places in Ao Prao and in basic but nice places at TubTim .... like both locations because they are quieter .. but in 5 minutes you can be at a busier place

I've stayed all over the island ... lots of good places ... depends on your needs/budget

I stayed in nice places in Ao Prao and in basic but nice places at TubTim .... like both locations because they are quieter .. but in 5 minutes you can be at a busier place

jdinasia,

Hey as long as the place is nice, thats all that matters....thanks for the info!!

http://www.thai-tour.com/thai-tour/East/Ra...villa/index.htm

i always just turn up, usualy no need to book,

Have a look at the web site.

We have stayed here at this resort twice its called VONGDUERN RESORT

last time in a vip bungalow, bungalow was nearly on beech,

We always get a fast boat from Banpae / Rayong, that will cost return about 1,000 bht, the standard ferry is alot cheeper would not personally recomend having used it once,

The Vongduern resort is about 2 or 3 bays round from SaikeewBeech,

it has about a dozen bars beach bbq ,s but not alot else o 2 shops but they dont sell much (could not even buy a cold towel) but who needs that with that beautifull sea - GREAT, It is about 10 mins taxi from saikeew / the port 711 etc, where i have also stayed once first time i went to this paradise island, when i stayed in one of the Malibu bungalows.

I too stayed at the VONGDUERN Beach. The beach is ok (but no white sand...) if you don't mind the jetski and motorboats.

At night it's nice, on the whole beach there are restaurants and bars. But I think this beach is more for backpackers than for families.