How to get over a relationship?

Sashasri

Some of the comments here are horrible. Maybe OP really just wanted to talk about it. I don't think it's a troll I think he is broken hearted. Sorry for the nasty comments OP. Good luck with everything

Most likely is a troll... Better spare your compassion for something real... Do you really think that someone who's broken hearted spends energy typing stories on a internet forum ?blink.png

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the comments here are horrible. Maybe OP really just wanted to talk about it. I don't think it's a troll I think he is broken hearted. Sorry for the nasty comments OP. Good luck with everything

Most likely is a troll... Better spare your compassion for something real... Do you really think that someone who's broken hearted spends energy typing stories on a internet forum ?http://static.thaivisa.com/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/blink.png[/

Most likely is a troll... Better spare your compassion for something real... Do you really think that someone who's broken hearted spends energy typing stories on a internet forum ?blink.png

Maybe if more did talk on forums there would be less suicides. Then again after some of these comments, it actually may drive them to do it. Disgusting

Time.

Better yet, the best advice came from a Soi 7 bar girl. "Never give your whole heart. Only give half. Save the other half for you."

Also, don't forget...

"The one who cares the least has the most control" ... or..

"In every relationship, one of you has the upper hand. Make sure it is always you"

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

In matters of the heart, they speak truth

thats why bar girls should be left at the bar as there heart and mind are already shattered.Everything is shattered.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Time.

Better yet, the best advice came from a Soi 7 bar girl. "Never give your whole heart. Only give half. Save the other half for you."

Also, don't forget...

"The one who cares the least has the most control" ... or..

"In every relationship, one of you has the upper hand. Make sure it is always you"

enough said.

Holy words wai.gif

In matters of the heart, they speak truth

thats why bar girls should be left at the bar as there heart and mind are already shattered.Everything is shattered.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

deleted

Edited by Scarpolo

I have not read all the posts but here is my two cents worth.

I was deeply in love once with a Thai girl and she had other plans and we ended it. It broke my heart! I kept thinking perhaps we could get back together but what a mistake. It just kepts the pain coming and coming. If a Thai girl is not madly in love move on and don't look back. It's not going to change.

Time will heal your heart. Another real gf will make it quicker.

I see that many guys fall in love in the first week of their time in Thailand before they know the score. Maybe it would be better to hit the cause as opposed to the symptoms.

Having a good circle of friends helps, hear the stories. Play around a lot for months, get to know the scams, have loads of girls, try different venues, young, old, hiso, noso, students, regular girls working girls etc.

OK, I'd stop there to because it sounds like a lot of fun but if you had to settle down at least you'd have a knowledge base. I bet we all know poor sods who fell in love with the first girl they slept with and the ensuing horror story, it makes for good story 9telling over a few drinks.

The OP could be a troll with a broken heart. It may be possible, I'm not sure.

As already mentioned there are plenty more fish in the sea, but sadly that's not true anymore due to the rampant overfishing, plus I feel we need a Thai reference to make our broken hearted OP feel we really care.

How about -' there are plenty more bananas/mangoes/durians/jackfruit on that tree' or if he's a drinking man- 'there are plenty more cool Leos/Changs/Sings/Carlsbergs in 7-11'.

The OP could be a troll with a broken heart. It may be possible, I'm not sure.

As already mentioned there are plenty more fish in the sea, but sadly that's not true anymore due to the rampant overfishing, plus I feel we need a Thai reference to make our broken hearted OP feel we really care.

How about -' there are plenty more bananas/mangoes/durians/jackfruit on that tree' or if he's a drinking man- 'there are plenty more cool Leos/Changs/Sings/Carlsbergs in 7-11'.

what, no Heineken in your 7-11?

Hogaarden, is best beer in Thailand, and Laos

it should be easy to get over,firstly she dosn't want you anymore,i wouldn't want to stay with a woman if she wants to end it.this gives you the opportunity to have a little break for yourself and i'm sure you will not have much problems in finding a new romance in Thailand.wai2.gif

Some you never get over and nothing seems to help lift the hurt and the longing. Think of it as a war wound, one that'll be with you for the rest of your life. You're a different person entirely now than the one you were when you met her. You'll get another chance to have such pain inflicted on you. I guarantee you'll take that chance. Best of luck.

Brother, as soon as I read alcohol and Soi Cowboy I had to respond. If you loved her these things will make you feel worse. I will give you my best advise on love, and unrequited love, as I have studied and written about this all my life:

Know the pain; experience, savor it like a toothache that hurts like hell, but you just have to push it around= to a point. Don't pull the tooth out and don't make yourself bleed, the pain will pass in time. You are the sum total of all your experiences, the good and the bad, and were you not to know such pain, you could hardly reach for the light and grace in love next time. It is these awful cumulative experiences that inform and mature us in love. Having said this now, and knowing this for years, I too experienced the rejection of a Thai woman whom I loved rejected me. After 5 years Jenchinan informed me that the issue was sin sod; how could I possibly convince her dad I could afford to take care of her (she comes from a very wealthy Thai family, which she never revealed nor showed me (Dubai)). She was after all correct; but clearly only one here was loving.

Time is the only solace. If she said goodbye it is unlikely that by any action you could accomplish anything other than contempt from her. She cannot see the error of her ways. She cannot look at you in a new light. You cannot convince her. You are not the only one who can love her this way. You were unlikely to have been with each other in a previous life. You will not suffer death as a consequence.

But it is immensely true that your response to such utter rejection and loss will inform and mold you into the man you surely wish to be. How you deal with this, without a roadmap in pain, builds the wisdom and the man you would be. If the only one here loving is you, how could you possibly cling to that which was otherwise an illusion? We all self delude.

Meditate. Learn how love is a continuum stretching all the way from her to god, to enlightenment, to compassion. It is! See how they are the same continuum, and then see the heart in you you would have, and assert this. Do not "lift and shift" your love to the next come lately. Let that happen on its own. Remember her and remember her often, but remember that the value of it being sweetly perfect was the projection of your own heart= she was not present. What a wonderful gift to see in her your own heart and ability to see love reflected. Live with that. Few can self reflect and grow so.

Most excellent post,

very eloquent, as well as elegant, however,

practical steps are also required,

gather anything that belonged to her, put it in a trash bag, or old suitcase you wont use again, and drop it all off at her place, unseen,

then as stated above, stay away from alcohol,

enjoy the fruits of the females in your midst,

there are plenty of deserving females all around you,

in time, you will forget her, or she will seem unreal, like you arent sure anymore, that is the benefit of time,

do not, I repeat do not, go back and you wlll, forget

but make it easier to forget, help yourself forget, not with drugs or alcohol, but within, and with other females, they want to help too

inevitably, when you are wth someone more worthy of love, you will forget her, and wonder, why you didnt leave her sooner

but dont go there,

unnecessary pain

Edited by Scarpolo
  • Like 2

We were together for five years until I found a guy in her bed the morning after her birthday

This OP is almost the largest troll of this year.

My advise is F your-self, and save your money, and STOP the troll here. Retard.

I think the internet is often a place people will go to for some kind of advice.

Some do not have anyone really to offload to (or cannot)

Some may prefer the anonymity of forum, and the fact you get cold hard advice, rather than a friend papering over the cracks.

The problem is, i dont think here is the place to go really.

If the OP is trolling, then maybe the "advice" will help someone else..for, sadly its not really a unique situation (the cheating element at least)

True. The OP needs to find a community (forum) devoted specifically to the issues he seeks answers to.

He won't find answers here.

Troll.com ?

• 2 weeks later...

expecting sensitive and empathatic responses on thaivisa forum, is like throwing a peice of meat to a pack of hungry dogs and expecting civility.

Exactly, then why are you complaining?
..where does it imply that im complaining? Im stating an opinion.

Alright, then I'll rephrase it. Exactly, then why are you bothering to make that statement.

I agree, only a few posts, and then this question, to which there is an obvious answer in Thailand, if not a dozen answers.

Low post count, and ridiculous questions, are hallmarks of trolls.